Ykohama S drive, Bridgestone Re001 and Toyo T1r

Re: Ykohama S drive, Bridgestone Re001 and Toyo T1r

Red_Bean_Bun;644075 said:
Got Sdrive once .......... noisy.

S Drive so far so good for me.........................

cheers

Had the RE001s before, decent tires, but was nowhere close to Goodyear F1 Assyms on grip and corners. Read some good stuffs about Toyo T-1R.

Lane;644101 said:
Had the RE001s before, decent tires, but was nowhere close to Goodyear F1 Assyms on grip and corners. Read some good stuffs about Toyo T-1R.

side wall no crack???

cheers

not for me....i dun drive that hard....car not too powderful.....heh.

How is Yoko S on your ride since you track your car?

Lane;644105 said:
not for me....i dun drive that hard....car not too powderful.....heh.

How is Yoko S on your ride since you track your car?

oh, i use semi-slick on track.........................................

cheers

LondonBridge;643945 said:
Any rating chart/review for these 3 tyres?

RE001 and T1-R are similar... thats a upgrade version for RE001 ( i forgot the name)... I love the T1-R more... better grip but prices now r going UP UP for Toyo.

LondonBridge;643945 said:
Any rating chart/review for these 3 tyres?

thought you were on S001? itchy?

*can try Pilot SUPER SPORT
cheers

Toyo T1R is like a blend of F1 Eagle and its Asymetric model. Good road holding but wear rate is the worst among the 3 tyres mentioned. S.Drive is decent and value for money. Wear rate is good but tyre on the harder side. Aquaplanning is not as effective as the other 2 mentioned. RE001 has good performance and effective with cornering. But this is an outgoing model and people are anticipating RE001. Potenza S001 is another tyre worth looking at. I wouldn't say they are the best but they are when comparing with the mentioned models here.

Vagabond;644670 said:
Toyo T1R is like a blend of F1 Eagle and its Asymetric model. Good road holding but wear rate is the worst among the 3 tyres mentioned. S.Drive is decent and value for money. Wear rate is good but tyre on the harder side. Aquaplanning is not as effective as the other 2 mentioned. RE001 has good performance and effective with cornering. But this is an outgoing model and people are anticipating RE001. Potenza S001 is another tyre worth looking at. I wouldn't say they are the best but they are when comparing with the mentioned models here.
if we put $ aside
all S drive/ re001/T1r are direct competitor.
S drive and T1 R are surely noisey(most) after half worn
RE001 is surely better product over the 2s.F1 asy is same level as bridgestone s001(costlier)

Forget S Drive, simply too noisy. Changed it away after 2 months. My 2 cents.

T1R...good grip both dry and wet. The only drawback is the noise it creates. Comes in many sizes too.

F1 Eagle Asym, gd grip overall, quiet and comfy! They wear out pretty quicky.

RE001..semislicks?

Might wanna go for AD08 or RT615

quick check on hand if you are asked to choose one of these tyres. what do you choose?

listed in pricing (low-to-high). i have shortlisted these 3 models and their pricing meets my budget.

a. continental extreme contact dw
b. F1 asymmetric
c. bridgestone s001

Last edited by a moderator:

Am using Toyo T1 R. First impression - noisy. But much more affordable than Michelin Pilot PS2. Hard to compare to S2 as I don't drive as hard on this SUV which the tyres are mounted. Plus point about Toyo T1 R is that it comes in many sizes. PS2 don't make for SUVs.

wt_know;646820 said:
quick check on hand if you are asked to choose one of these tyres. what do you choose?

listed in pricing (low-to-high). i have shortlisted these 3 models and their pricing meets my budget.

a. continental extreme contact dw
b. F1 asymmetric
c. bridgestone s001

F1 Asym for daily drive since it is placed in the middle. Balanced decision..lol

ImThou;646836 said:
F1 Asym for daily drive since it is placed in the middle. Balanced decision..lol

F1 Assym 2 is out already ......

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88prof

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back