Young E36 Owner

Phil.

Hi to all, just wanted to introduce myself and how I came to be driving an E36 320i.

Previously I had been pottering around in the old family car, a Hyundai Accent 5MT. While I enjoyed that car (its even been to time attack!), space was tight and its COE was coming to an end.

After sampling friends' cars and researching, I knew I wanted either a W124 200E or an E36 318/20. I feel these old germans still offer solidity, value and reliability(if cared for properly).

Pros for the W124 were more space and cheaper spares, while the E36 reigned supreme for the driving experience.

A deal was almost struck for a 200E, but in the end the family couldnt bear to let it go. Then a solid E36 320i popped and the rest was history.

Was the failed deal a blessing in disguise? Yes. The E36's 2.0 is far smoother, while chassis and steering feel laser precise and can be savored even at low speed.

After picking up the car on Saturday, a road trip ensued, traversing 400km to Shah Allam (100cc kart race, the organizer has an E36 too!) and 400km back. Car was solid even at 150+ and only a failed window regulator to report. And the best part? It took the family of 5 to lunch the next day.

I look forward to knowing you guys better and hope to see everyone at the next meet!

View attachment 68652

Regards - Phil

Re: Young E36 Owner

Howdy and welcome.

I see u r enjoying your E36 :thumbsup:

Welcome
Good car you have there

Congrats the blue car has super reflective and shiny bonnet. Yours?

No lah thats me washing my car (silver). The "blue" car is the >400,000km one!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mileooo
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back