Z4 - PML or TTS ? and Alpina Z4

dear all,

the above mentioned email is in pdf format which i am unable to attach and send via PM. i will need ur email addresses. alternatively, if i am heading down to sunday's meet up, i will bring along a copy, no promises though... family first.

once more, Merry X'mas to one and all

update: i will not be able to make it tmr. so if u wanna take a look at it, just PM me ur email.

cheers

btw, i've received some queries on whether its alright to post the email and share it with everyone.

it was forwarded to me by my sales rep and i don't think it'll be appropriate for me to do so. however, i am willing to privately email it to those who are really keen to discover its contents.

how u all understand.

ulysses said:
PML has stated in an email that they are not obliged to service the car (even with payment) although it is under international warranty - unless it is purchased via the assigned agent ...hmmm comments?

This is incorrect . PML is merely a distributor / retailer and service agent . They are not BMW

The trick is to get your warranty registered with BMW Asia . Once this is done , PML is legally obliged to service your vehicle .

Of course , just because they are obliged does not mean they will give you the 'best ' service . Expect some degree of administrative delays (same as any bmw owner : )

Any issues , just keep raising it with BMW Asia

The good news is that PML service dept has its own separate P&L ; so to some extent , it doesn't really matter whether you buy the vehicle from PML sales dept or not.

I know of people who self imported their own BMWs ; in one case , the warranty expired by 2 months and the vehicle developed a major technical issue .

PML quoted a 'small nuclear bomb' to repair (S$8500). The owner just crossed the causeway and went to the BMW Agent (Auto Bavaria) in Johore . He was quoted (M$9200 ) for the same repair. a 50% discount based on exchanged rates then .

Do also note that OMVs prices can differ substantially in EU (as much as 20% ). It does not matter if BMW Asia is the importer . (Every BMW office worldwide has its own P & L ) . In fact , if one were to acquire the BMW from a discounted dealer in EU , the OMV can actually be lower than what BMW Asia (and PML ) can get., and with better specs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back