Zimmermann Rotor

Racebred said:
if your rotors are warped u can consider skimming them first. unless it's just a feeble excuse to mod mod mod. heheheh

where to get it skimmed? wat is the cost?
will skimming affect any aspect of the brakes negatively?

n yes... i'll give any excuse just to mod mod mod. :thumbsup:

Charontes said:
Racebred said:
if your rotors are warped u can consider skimming them first. unless it's just a feeble excuse to mod mod mod. heheheh

where to get it skimmed? wat is the cost?
will skimming affect any aspect of the brakes negatively?

n yes... i'll give any excuse just to mod mod mod. :thumbsup:

BVO sir!! :shock:

It's only $30, can't skim to much & best only skimmed once & after that if you rotors starts to warp again, den it's time to replace liao!!

Cheers!!

'The Great White'

Just for everyone's info
Rogue Engineering of UK has recently launched the 330 x-drilled disc rotors that are similar to the floating rotors of M3's
Price wise bout the same as PML quoted after exch rate conversion (before shipping of course)

Piggy, do u know if they are actually the same?

Yup.... Sama sama ! :thumbsup:

Only if they can reduce the price by half hurhurhur......

I have already scribbled it in my wish list and put into the christmas socks liao kekekeke !!!!!

Re: Zimmermann Rotor

wilman2772 said:
lecabrio said:
Charontes said:
Hi all,
Just realised my brake rotor has warped.
was recommended to replace with Zimmermann x-drilled rotors.
anybody here using zimmermann?

Zimm_11.jpg

Hi, Btw where to get Zimmerman? Tia
Cheers

Sir!! BVO!!! :shock:

Thanks. Will change and do my air tube if I have time :)

'The Great White'

yes i am using zimmerman discs, cross drilled and slotted.

make sure you ask for the zinc coated ones or they will rust like a bucket of nails.

mine warpped to after 5000kms. had them machined.

danielO said:

make sure you ask for the zinc coated ones or they will rust like a bucket of nails.

Bro, I didn't know there are zinc-coated ones, well at least I was not told when I get mine installed at BVO.

I have got a question on rotors getting WARPED. Is it a result of sudden braking, or stepping on brakes too often when coming down the hills like Genting, etc or just normal regular driving. The 5000km mentioned here for a rotor to warp is scary. Does that mean we have to change our rotor every 5000km during service?

I am using Zimmerman also, just got it changed for abt 4weeks. So far OK but once a while gets some screeching noise. It comes and goes so kinda hard to show to mechanics - kinda like intermittents, very hard to detect.

Any idea how to rectify this problem?

Dan

Can we fit 325 rotors on a 320 without having to change anything, since the size are different?

Saw these brembo cross drill rotors on ebay selling for around USD200+ for front and rear, wonder if they are real stuff and good?

Bro,
You got to learn to lower your gears to slow down the speed rather than stepping on it all the time. Street racing will also warp your rotors easily.

DS_1 said:
danielO said:

Bro, I didn't know there are zinc-coated ones, well at least I was not told when I get mine installed at BVO.

I have got a question on rotors getting WARPED. Is it a result of sudden braking, or stepping on brakes too often when coming down the hills like Genting, etc or just normal regular driving. The 5000km mentioned here for a rotor to warp is scary. Does that mean we have to change our rotor every 5000km during service?

I am using Zimmerman also, just got it changed for abt 4weeks. So far OK but once a while gets some screeching noise. It comes and goes so kinda hard to show to mechanics - kinda like intermittents, very hard to detect.

Any idea how to rectify this problem?

Dan

CyberTron said:
Can we fit 325 rotors on a 320 without having to change anything, since the size are different?

Saw these brembo cross drill rotors on ebay selling for around USD200+ for front and rear, wonder if they are real stuff and good?

The answer to that is no.... :errr: :verysad:

Damn... so we can upsize our rotors? :( sigh.... looks like have to fork out $140 per discs at BVO for those Zimmermann Rotor they are seller... sigh....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igo88app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back