1 day E90

Janson

i collected my car on last Thursday and it broke down on last Friday ! The car was being towed and a e46 was replaced for time being. Its been 4days and i haven heard anything from them. Do you guys think that i can go and argue for a 1-1 exchange or is there anything i can do ? i'm damn unlucky to buy such a car !!!

Re: 1 day E90

Janson said:
i collected my car on last Thursday and it broke down on last Friday ! The car was being towed and a e46 was replaced for time being. Its been 4days and i haven heard anything from them. Do you guys think that i can go and argue for a 1-1 exchange or is there anything i can do ? i'm damn unlucky to buy such a car !!!

What kind of break-down was it? Can understand that feeling that you wish for 1 to 1 exchange but I doubt that is goin to happen. Anyway, it's under warranty and get em to sort out all the bugs till you ar satisfied.

Janson said:

Getting an one to one exchange is rather slim but no harm trying.. Try making a big hoooha when there is lots of ppl ard.. Bang table or overturn the table if you need to to wake up tos fellos.. make sure you shout and scream at them as load as possible. Looks like they din change abit.. like the customer to call them rather they call you to update on the status! What is the name of the CSA handling ur car?

Do ensure that you check your car thoroughly upon collecting espeacially on the paint work. Bring the car under bright sun light to see whether any scratches or dents.. PML are superior in this area.. their workshop always like to give you scratches when out from their workshop(I am speaking from experience ).. I am sure this can ask them to re-spray the whole car and makes your case stronger..

Anyhow, sorry to hear abt your ride and good luck?

huayx2 said:
Getting an one to one exchange is rather slim but no harm trying.. Try making a big hoooha when there is lots of ppl ard.. Bang table or overturn the table if you need to to wake up tos fellos.. make sure you shout and scream at them as load as possible. Looks like they din change abit.. like the customer to call them rather they call you to update on the status! What is the name of the CSA handling ur car?

Do ensure that you check your car thoroughly upon collecting espeacially on the paint work. Bring the car under bright sun light to see whether any scratches or dents.. PML are superior in this area.. their workshop always like to give you scratches when out from their workshop(I am speaking from experience ).. I am sure this can ask them to re-spray the whole car and makes your case stronger..

Anyhow, sorry to hear abt your ride and good luck?

Right on, dude!

Yes, you are so right about the collection of car with new scratches EVERY FOCKING Single time without fail.......That's why some of us here will ALWAYS tell them "DON'T FOCKING WASH THE CAR!" Then upon inspection during collection you can see how bad they treated our rides.........

HAIZ!

Good Car.....lousy after sales..............

Janson said:

Bro

Do your best to make sure you are happy and satisfied but 1 to 1 exchange is quite unlikely lah......although it will be good.

Get them to compensate you in some ways that you would be satisfied with cos you bought a new car and now driving a loaner........Tell them how bad and ridiculous this feels as a PML customer with a Spanking new ride.............

Good Luck!

And do update us on what actually happened cos 4 days is quite a long time liao........

Hi,

Must be the transmission or something along those lines right?
I think you should contact BMW Singapore and pester PML for a new car also. They probably will not replace the car but no harm trying. You have to be very firm with them.
It happened to my car in Canada also breaking down after 1 week. Transmission gave, so I tried to get a new car but BMW Canada refused.

J

Hello Janson.

Please dont over react my friend. At least you have a loaner. Let them fix the problem or reprogram the car if it is faulty. You have bought an excellent car. Things happen and well, PML has loaned you a car so why are you so sad about. There is no need to bang table or raise your voice. It is only a car. It is not like PML says that they wont be fixing your 320.

I have had my BMWs break down before. Just send them in and they'll be fixed in no time.

I have the new 330. 2 weeks old now. Running like a gem.

Everything will be made good in the end. Look at your sales contract Janson.

alefbet said:
Hello Janson.

It is only a car. It is not like PML says that they wont be fixing your 320.

Yep.. oni a 190k car wat :ehhh:

PML for sure will fix the car.. but whether fixing one thing and another thing pops out is ?????
PML aftsales service SUCKS BIG TIME!!

U from PML??

Do be extra careful when dealing with the aftsales.. they will give you tons of reason when you approach them and end of the day still cannot solve the problem..

Janson said:

I don know it will be much comforting to say this but usually the first batch of cars usually got a lot of gremlins and needs to be ironed out but in return, u will get a lot of satisfying stare from onlooker being so rare on the road. I guess that will be a real satisfaction about owning a brand new model car. The 7 series can't drive past 90kph when it was first launched and i know of one that all the check light comes on and failed about less than 2 months of ownership.

Try the diplomatic approach first and speak to one of their manager about this. Tell them that the depreciation, road tax and insurance starts ticking the moment the car dove out from the showroom. Breakdown after one month is different from one day. I am very sure it's electronics fault which might take a while to get it fixed since they have got no head start.

The least they can do is to reinstate ur petrol bills till the car is ready or offer some discounted accessories to cover your loss of use in this case, but don quote me hor...

good luck

:)

Janson said:

seems like you are not the only one! just the other day, a brand new E60 was on the back of a tow truck because the car kept stalling for no apparent reason.

Well, IMHO guess it is best to wait out for a year before plunging into a new model (for all the issues to be ironed out) but than again, the "feeling" of a new generation car has a "feel-good" factor that perhaps one wishes to enjoy and hence you see people buying a car before it is actually launched. It is inevitable that a new car may fail (from the 2nd day for your case and someone else in this forum who had its 523i transmission go haywire on him on the 18th day), but paying so much for a car (esp in Singapore context) would justify fury from the owners.

Wish you luck, hope all turns out well for you, Janson

Best,

jonzilla said:
but paying so much for a car (esp in Singapore context) would justify fury from the owners.

U are rite.. :)

Is the aftersales service that lacks in Singapore service industry today.. and the situation is getting from bad to worse that we are no longer as competitive as before. Sad... and PML aftersales is a very good living example.

Consumer need to educate this ppl even something that cost as little as $5.. I will.

Actually, CASE or similiar should get a company like JD Powers to rank the aftersales service of the Singapore Car Industry, it should be rank by the aftersales satisfaction of the customers.

Guys... thanks for all the advices and comments as well.. i got back my car and i realised there's something wrong with the paint on the front cover (bonnet?) seems like a plastic melt on it. i've complained on that and they asked me to drive back the next day as its kinda late BUT my bloody car BROKE DOWN AGAIN the next morning when i planned to go down! DAMN !! this time round, they told me that i can't have a replacement car as none are available. they only give taxi vouchers.

few ans to u guys ques.

the problem lies with the engine. something like valvetronic stuffs. i don't know what happened this time rd.

yes, its from pml.

sorry, i don't have the ability to get a 330i as i really earn and pay for myself. furthermore i'm under 26 and i just got back my license after 4yrs suspension therefor my insurance actually goes up to $4925 per annu !! think how much will it cost if i get a higher horsepower car.

rgds,
Janson

Janson said:
i got back my car and i realised there's something wrong with the paint on the front cover (bonnet?) seems like a plastic melt on it.

Expected.... thats their habit. :furious: :furious:

Can understand your frustration.... hear your story i also boil!! now u know why i say must overturn their table...
Next round better check your car before driving off cos they will claim that when releasing the car to you ,after repair, is in tip top condition.

Good Luck.

this time round lies with the software and engine parts. they have recovered the paint for me.

i actually went down to Pml to argue with them including James (manager). he promised to give me a black and white stating what they gonna do if my car gonna break down for the third in a certain period of time. they asked me to wait patiently so he can check out with his superiors and give me an ans in 5 hours time but i never heard from him.

two days later i received a call from Jeffrey Lau ( Gm of the workshop in Kampong Arang ) saying that my car is ready and we cant down and talk when i reach. so i head down but i never received any assurance or any promises from him. he's feigning ignorance.. he only pass me the keys and said that i'm able to drive away my car. Damn it !! i tried to argue but he said he can't do anything as he never received any orders from his superiors.. whats this ?

Am i suppose to just drive off and treat nothing happen ? yes, i actually planned to as there's no point trying to argue so much. just take it easy since the car has been repaired. i head to my car and start th engine and shift my stuffs over from the loan car and you guys know what ?? MY CAR ENGINE GIVE OUT LOUD SOUND. its not from the fan. some kind of sounds that is even louder then a 10yrs old car. i asked whats that and the reply i got is that my car haven RUN IN !!!! what he mean then ? the car engine will be quieter if the car reach 2000km ???? he said he can't promise me !! Whats all these supposed to mean then ?? i dumped my car there and leave with the loan car.

I'm damn pissed !!!! i'm going to the consumer rights, ask the reporters to print an article on this if they are interested, send a lawyer letter if i can't get a satisfy answer on Monday. i'm gonna head down to Pml again on Monday. my bloody car have came out for more then a week but only in my possession for less then 48hours !!! the car now is 600km plus when i only drived for only 68km. isn;t it more like a 2nd car ?? gosh !! BMW really sux when a problem arise. they will only tried to feign ignorance.

sorry for the grumble. pls kindly correct me if i'm wrong.

wow.. sorry to hear your story. hope you get a satisfactory response on monday. good luck.

jANson,

i can UnderstanD ur frustRation and aGony...

Gd Luck in resolving ur problem soon

pretty typical scenario. 3 1/2 years was how long they took to figure out the stalling issue in my 320i. At least it is finally sorted out, or so I hope.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88compink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back