1 day E90

Re: 1 day E90

So sorry to hear about your lack of luck Janson. I'm not currently a BMW owner but will be soon once my 650 cab arrives next year. I too had bad experiences dealing with PML, the sales personnel in fact. When I first placed an order for a 645ci cab SMG, the SE seemed to be wanting to rush me into closing the sale, not giving a hoot about the options that I wanted. WTF? More options = more money for PML right? Perhaps they don't earn commission from options? SE told me that seldom people option so many things in the 6er. I wanted SMG, an nco, but SE kept pushing me to take ex-stock which are autos. I also wanted HUD but was told that the option was not LTA approved back then. Fair enough. I wanted front and rear parking cameras (just for major wank factor), SE told me not a problem but TV option is not LTA approved. WTF? Then what are the cameras for? Project the image on my friggin forehead? Jesuz!

Lots more problems with other options followed, not to mention the look on the SE's face when I said I wanted to option for Individual composition 1 on my 6er...later came back to me after a couple of weeks telling me that the option is 50 grand. No thanks, with that money, I'll take my deposit and place it on a Carrera instead. Options aside, I paid the deposit for whatever I could 'possibly' option for on my 645ci cab. I was informed that the car will be built in September, which also happens to be the last run of 645ci before the German factory switches over to building th 650i. I was cool with that as my house will be undergoing major renovation so the car porch won't be 'conducive' till early next year. I was fine with the wait. Then a couple of months later, I received a call from the SE saying that the German side will not build my 645 as they have already ceased its production. WTF? SE told me that I should go for the 650 cab and PML can make me a good offer for the switch over. I told the SE to work out the switch over specifying clearly that I want the 650i cab to come equipped with SMG and HUG at least. Till today, no straight answer from the SE, only sms me telling me that PML has no price info on the 650i yet. Sigh, and we consumers give hundreds of thousands of my hard earned money to these clowns? The things we do for our love of Bimmers?

On the servicing side, I'm not sure if PML serviced vehicles have been cursed with stalling issues but my sis's Mini broke down twice due to a stalled engine. The second was worse coz it happened right after she took the car back from PML (after the first stalling incident on Eng Neo Rd), plus she was on the extreme right lane on Upp Bukit Timah Rd during knockoff hours (I apologise on her behalf if any of you guys were caught in the traffic jam she caused). Whats up with PML?

Sorry to have gone OT talking about my own problems. I hope that you'll get these problems ironed out soon. And yes, the public needs to be made aware of these idiots who are damaging the brand equity of a highly remarkable automobile company. I think your chances of a 1 to 1 exchange is not even remotely possible. If I were you, this will already be headline news in the LIFE section of ST. Why waste time with these clowns? Time is on their side, not yours. It's your car that is depreciating in value afterall.

Good luck. Bring them hell.

Janson,

You've got PM.

Cheers

Janson

Perhpas below ST report could give a glimpse of light at the end of the dark tunnel you are presently in. Better still, write to [email protected] about your plight. Who knows, PML may agree to a replacement to avoid (another) bad publicity

Oct 8, 2005
S'pore ponders 'lemon' law to protect car buyers

By Christopher Tan
SENIOR CORRESPONDENT
A BUYER of a brand new car that repeatedly breaks down could get a replacement or a full refund if plans to introduce a 'lemon law' in Singapore succeed.

The Consumers Association of Singapore hopes to introduce a law similar to those used in America, Canada and even China to provide recourse to buyers saddled with 'lemons', the term for grossly defective vehicles.

The lemon law allows a court to order a seller or manufacturer to exchange such a car for a new one or to give a suitable refund.

Singapore is still working out how exactly a lemon would be defined here, but Case executive director Seah Seng Choon told The Straits Times the local law would be an adaptation of the United States version.

In the US, states have slightly varying lemon laws but they share some basic traits, according to the autopedia.com website.

The laws define what a lemon is and require that the manufacturer, not the dealer, take care of the defects. A car is considered a lemon if numerous, unsuccessful, attempts are made to repair a defect which significantly impairs its use, value or safety.

Case is working with the Ministry of Trade and Industry to draft the lemon law, as part of a broad review of 20 'unfair practices' as defined by the Fair Trading Act. If the lemon law is introduced it will likely be a part of the Act.

The taskforce conducting the review includes representatives from consumer and business bodies, as well as public agencies, the ministry said. It aims to complete its review by year end.

Mr Seah says the lemon law is long overdue, pointing out that Case receives about two complaints a month from motorists related to 'frequent repairs of new cars'.

'We need to send a strong signal to businesses that they cannot dump defective goods on consumers,' he said.

Lawyer Vijai Parwani of Parwani & Co agrees: 'Although we have the Sale of Goods Act, the provisions are very general and do not contain specific provisions relating to the sale and purchase of motor vehicles.'

He cited a case from several years ago in which the distributor refused to take back a defective car, and argued that as long as it was under warranty, the owner could bring it back for repairs. 'But from the owner's point of view, this can be frustrating as he never intended for a car to spend its good years in the workshop.'

Motor vehicle retailers fear the lemon law will lead to higher business costs and may be open to abuse.

Motor Traders Association president Chia Yong Sian said there was 'no need' for it here, but he hoped the law would be fair. It 'should not hinder business and trade'.

He said unscrupulous buyers might abuse the law to return a car they do not like but which is not really defective.

But he admits it could 'provide protection against unscrupulous traders'.

Manufacturer General Motors, maker of brands such as Opel, Saab and Chevrolet, welcomes a lemon law here.

'It wouldn't have a significant impact on costs,' a spokesman said. 'It is a positive move that will raise quality standards in the industry.'

[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright ? 2005 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved. Privacy Statement & Condition of Access.

saifywaify said:
Hi Janson,

I read up about your problems with your BMW car.

I too have run into a whole list of problems with my brand new 745Li which I collected last November. Although my car didn’t totally break down like yours, the little problems are endless and out of my ten months of ownership, my car has been in the workshop for three months.

I spent close to $400,000 plus options on my car and despite that, for all of those three months, I was replaced with another 745Li for a week or so, and then the rest of the time I was driving a 520i or at most a 730i.

Throughout all this time, BMW has not given me good customer service. Their technicians are ignorant and there are always, always scratches on my car. My car is a non-metallic black, so if there are swirl marks, it is very evident. There was once that they even got grease on my leather seats. I really screwed them up for it.

After many months of pushing and doing everything from contacting lawyers, to banging tables and to chucking my car there, I have received a warranty extension from BMW, to four years and 150,000km.

However, I feel this isn’t good enough. I’m just waiting for the next problem to arise, and if it does, I’ll get back at them full-fledged.

There was a particular lady in 2002 that got a full refund for her 728i. Her car had problems with the engine and overheated. She fought quite fiercely I suppose. I will go down to the archives and pull out the Straits Times article if I have the time. My point is, getting a refund is totally possible. Please be harsh on them and don’t give them chance, especially since your car is so new.

If you’re interested to know more about the problems I’m facing with my car, I’ll list them for you. I bought another white 745Li in January this year, and that car runs perfectly every time. I thus believe that my black 745Li has manufacturing defects.

Our case would also be stronger if we had more customers with similar problems with brand new cars fighting for our rights together. It’ll scare the shit out of them.

Waiting for the next day my car stalls at a traffic light.

Despite your problems with the first 745, you still went back to PML for the second 745. That really takes guts. I salute you!

Janson,

After reading ur story, really feel sorry for you. Trust me, write an open letter to straits tims forum, it works!

Sorry to hear about the misadventures and agony you had with your brand new car....I count myself lucky that I have a great mechanic to take care of my BMW and didnt have to rely on PML.

The white-blue marque is a wonderful car; dont loose heart! Best of luck......

SIGH!!!..I am thinking of upgrading but not now. Hope everything will be ironed out.

All the best Janson.

I have problems with my E90 too...not so severe however.
Breaking down after 1 day is not ACCEPTABLE, by any standard.

Can you share with me what happened eventually?

If I were in your shoe, I would have had return the car, not to mention 1 for 1 exchange.
I would simply threaten them with open publicity of the case. In fact, had I known of this case earlier, I might not have purchase my E90.
Meaning, their sales will be hit severely.
Only a customer who walked away without grudge will not complain further, and that is what PML should and would aim to do if they are aware of the negative impact this complain is going to give them.

Hi Janson,

Any trouble with your car since then? What was the problem?

Mine overheated 3 days after I picked it up a few days ago! They claimed it was a fan malfunction and replace it. However, they have not explained to me satisfactory why the automactic gear was unable to engage a higher gear and revved up to 3,000rpm on its own! Apparently, the gear box problem could have caused the fan malfunction? So why did the automatic gear behaved so temperamentally? No explaination!

Janson

i know how you feel, your just don't feel right after i tested yours y'day.

good luck on your next car.

bt

i believed there should be an ending for a thread like this..

After Jeffrey Lau, aftersales manager, ignored my calls for the whole of November.
Robert friend, Gm of aftersales go back on his words..

WHATS PML ?? Just one bloody authorised dealer who SUX BIG TIME and %$#^$^$&^ !!!!

Jeffrey Lau, i believed you're reading this as well as you actually asked me " try not to write so much can ? " at my Sec Visit to Kampong Arang !!! i guessed you're a man with high tolerance ya~~ i can scold you so much in your voicemail countless times and you can actually endure by not calling me back.. Guess you're damn experienced in feigning ignorance and avoiding ppl ya~~ *thumbs up* Come to me if u think i've framed you !!!

i was being promised to have a CHANGE of car from Robert Friend.. they promised to take back my car and give me another 320i at a reasonable price ard Oct if i'm not wrong.. TOO MANY VISITS already.. i remembered i was being asked to wait till 16th of Nov for their ans but was only being told that they will give me a discount of 5k and nothing else.. furthermore i was being told by a sales guy instead of the person in charge.. i told that guy to ask Jeffrey Lau to give me a call politely..

Few days later, Jeffrey Lau called ! i told him about my unhappiness and he asked me to give him ample time till Robert Friend, Gm of aftersales to come back from Germany on the 27th as he wanted some back-up ! alright, i told him that jolly well make it to the 1st and give me all the ans by then.. he said okay and promised..

My car fuck up again during mid of Nov.. the power will cut off by itself once in awhile when i tried to start and move off... i tried to call but to no avail~~ its either his secretary will me he's in the meeting or he's busy.. sometimes she will ask me to wait for her to transfer the call but in the end she will come back telling me Jeffrey will call me back ! this have been carrying on for the whole of NOV !! NO news no calls.. NOTHING !! Oh ya, there is !! I received a letter from them at the end of Nov.. A LETTER !!!! whats the content ??

THERE ARE UNABLE TO TAKE BACK MY CAR AND I WAS GIVEN TWO CHOICES !!!

OPTION 1, 320i AT $132 000
OPTION 2, 325i AT $169 000

WHAT A GOOD PRICE !!!

THEY EXPECT ME TO SELL MY CAR TO A PRIV DEALER AND BUY ANOTHER ONE FROM THEM !!!

I TRIED TO CALL HIM AND HE'S STILL IGNORING MY CALLS..

Anyway i've sold my car at 114k, at a loss of 43k !!!

SO guys, time for u to judge..

To me, i felt that its just my luck to get such a car. i don't blame the car or bmw ! its the aftersales services and those guys up there getting high paid cheque !! Shit you guys !!!

goodbye bmw fellows !!!

think twice before getting a car from all these F****** !!!!

you should have strated legal proceedings instaed of just giving in to the BS of pml; i feel sorry for your bad experience with pml; all the best to your future motoring ownership.

Ur experience is really bitter. Understand how u feel.

An acquaintance of mine experienced total failure of one of the parts which was supposed to be under lifetime warranty. He went back to PML asking for a replacement but was told that the warranty ended since the product life ended ---> what lifetime warranty meant. I don't know whether to feel angry or burst out laughing at this retort from those idiots :D

Sorry to hear of your case Janson. Write to the newspaper and make sure they publish it. That'll help some. Write to Helmut Panke in Germany if possible. That should make a difference!

When a car happened to be a "lemon" we just curse our luck but when PML staff give you cock and bull story and try to act blur after all the "lips servicesn promises", you shld start legal proceeding. The "Sales of Goods Act" will be on your side as a brand new car should not break down so many times in such a short time!

Take care mate........

hi bro janson;
you give me another thousands reasons to think abt getting an e90 from pml......alamak

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back