1st E60 523 remapped ( Almost a 525)

Re: 1st E60 523 remapped ( Almost a 525)

snowdog;142181 said:
Which year is your E46 318i?

:)

nov 02 FL 318...so i guess with valvetronic engine...can not..? thanks in advance!!

asidbyrne;142941 said:
don't doubt me little boy. I have analysed all the F1 race videos in depth and I can safely say its no big deal. And my 525 is no ordinariy one. I have lightweight sports rims and , K&N intake system and a Remus Exhaust. I think at least 30+ hp more then stock which is already very fast.

All my friends with their jappo tin cans sell out and buy beemer when I came around with my 525 be it ebo or scoobaru or hornda. All cannot make it cars.

Wowwwww!! That's fast man. Really eager to see your 5 perform on the coming track day on the 29th Sept.

Cheeeerrrrrsssss!!!!!

asidbyrne;142941 said:
And my 525 is no ordinariy one. I have lightweight sports rims and , K&N intake system and a Remus Exhaust. I think at least 30+ hp more then stock which is already very fast.

Little Beng here :)

heh serious question. Can the 3 things K&N filter, Remus exhaust and light rims add 30 BHP ? How can rims add BHP one.....I only know lighter rims apparently just lightens the car so make it faster. I ve asked some workshops and was told exhaust at best adds only like 5to7 BHP. :whythis:

D_Iceman;143067 said:
Guys, don't take it too seriously, he's just fooling around. It's quite funny when you see it from my angle. Even when he called my EuroR a beng mobile.... :)

I tot it was quite funny too... His msg was all directed at you to a certain extend...
I can see we do have 2 schools of tot here in this forum but then again what he said does reflect...I can't really count the no off ppl I have met that really think watching F1 make him a better drive...hahahaha

Back to topic, he really own a BMW 525 , 645 and 730.. I will race his 525 with my Chipped 523 before I proceed to the rest and hopfully prove that the chipped 523 can be as fast as a stock 525.

Oh yah to contradict, my E9 was faster than your E8 so E8 not that great.....:juggle: :nehnehhh:

Also to update I just came back from a NS trip.. the chipped 523 do feel a lot better cruising with the additional power.

Cheers

Wah, this very interesting thread. I only own an old baby bimmer and not much in touch with the newer model. I was just wondering that since the 523 is a de-tuned 2.5 engine, the gain potential would be presumed to be high. Anyway, the results of the mod did not surpass the 525 specs, hence, BMW themselves are still the better tuner in this respect.

I was introduced to Sepang by some friends driving japs cars, Integra, Silvia, evo & scooby etc. I go there for fun drive and experience. I managed turn 1 and 2 quite nicely and spin in circle at turn 3, do a 90 in turn 4 and by the time I reach turn 9, I'm tomato red with embarrassment (it was a rainy first trip for me). This japs car owners brought me in their cars to show me the ropes. A scooby owner took my car and did not so far as fish tail, maybe some slide due to the rain and my humble tyres. Over time, I learn that balance is really the key in negotiating the circuit, not necessary brute force.

When I get to watch the SG Trackies in action.. I was really amazed. Don't under-estimate jap cars, there are really awesome ones. I don't track as much nowadays coz me and my car is just miles behind unless it's one of those rookies trip. But I still love driving up there to watch all those fantastic machine, be it BMW or otherwise.

jawzsg;143285 said:
Wah, this very interesting thread. I only own an old baby bimmer and not much in touch with the newer model. I was just wondering that since the 523 is a de-tuned 2.5 engine, the gain potential would be presumed to be high. Anyway, the results of the mod did not surpass the 525 specs, hence, BMW themselves are still the better tuner in this respect.

I was introduced to Sepang by some friends driving japs cars, Integra, Silvia, evo & scooby etc. I go there for fun drive and experience. I managed turn 1 and 2 quite nicely and spin in circle at turn 3, do a 90 in turn 4 and by the time I reach turn 9, I'm tomato red with embarrassment (it was a rainy first trip for me). This japs car owners brought me in their cars to show me the ropes. A scooby owner took my car and did not so far as fish tail, maybe some slide due to the rain and my humble tyres. Over time, I learn that balance is really the key in negotiating the circuit, not necessary brute force.

When I get to watch the SG Trackies in action.. I was really amazed. Don't under-estimate jap cars, there are really awesome ones. I don't track as much nowadays coz me and my car is just miles behind unless it's one of those rookies trip. But I still love driving up there to watch all those fantastic machine, be it BMW or otherwise.

Everything is about practice. My first trip to Sepang i was clocking like 3+mins in my EuroR. Only on the 2nd trip there i broke the 3min mark. Everyone has to start somewhere. The more you go, the better you become.

523KW;143282 said:
I tot it was quite funny too... His msg was all directed at you to a certain extend...
I can see we do have 2 schools of tot here in this forum but then again what he said does reflect...I can't really count the no off ppl I have met that really think watching F1 make him a better drive...hahahaha

Back to topic, he really own a BMW 525 , 645 and 730.. I will race his 525 with my Chipped 523 before I proceed to the rest and hopfully prove that the chipped 523 can be as fast as a stock 525.

Oh yah to contradict, my E9 was faster than your E8 so E8 not that great.....:juggle: :nehnehhh:

Also to update I just came back from a NS trip.. the chipped 523 do feel a lot better cruising with the additional power.

Cheers

Bro you should multi-quote in your replies otherwise people will think i got E8 also...haha

Speaking of F1, i got a friend driving a DC5 who analyse the Sepang map and F1 videos and told me it should be quite easy but clocked over 3mins. :lol2:

I think its good to get a timing below the 3 min mark. But for those greener guys who's over that timing we shouldn't laugh at them or mock them. Some encouragement would definately help.
I was on the receiving end of one of those "i'm faster than u, you're too slow" speeches and it can get you pretty down.

Ahbengdriver;143244 said:

heh serious question. Can the 3 things K&N filter, Remus exhaust and light rims add 30 BHP ? How can rims add BHP one.....I only know lighter rims apparently just lightens the car so make it faster. I ve asked some workshops and was told exhaust at best adds only like 5to7 BHP. :whythis:

Hmm potentially a long debate on this one. But the simple answer is no. Not on a 2.5L engine built for the masses. Not 100% sure about the lighter rims bit I guess depends on how u measure the power i.e. engine dyno / inertia / etc.

Ahbengdriver;143244 said:

D_Iceman;143318 said:
Bro you should multi-quote in your replies otherwise people will think i got E8 also...haha

Speaking of F1, i got a friend driving a DC5 who analyse the Sepang map and F1 videos and told me it should be quite easy but clocked over 3mins. :lol2:

Anybody we know? Sepang looks a lot easier then it is IMHO.

SMYUEN;142959 said:
Actually i have to disagree... pedigree in terms of?

EVO8 if heavily modified of course will be fast. Evo9 has problems with the turbo hence the limited power...but once a larger turbo goes in, its a different story...

I think we respect your strong sense of opinion as well as belief in the BMW marque... but seriously, BMWs are not that great ok... i know, cos have owned 3 BMWs (4 if you include my dad,s and 5 if you include the mini)....

BMWs are quick, but not deadly.... even BMW at its best - M3 for eg... will find it difficult when up against the 4WD monsters... in terms of "branding" or "luxury", of course BMW is superior... but in terms of raw power and track ability, I think JDM, many times, rules.

Do remember that even an m3 is a luxury car first and sports coupe second. Take and M3 and race spec it with no interior and roll cage and proper setup and it will be much more competitive. I am prepared to do that to my jappo tin can but not an M3 if I had one that is :p

Pedigree is intangible. but the fact that it commands respect (warranted or not is not an issue) is a testiment to it.

I also own both an Evo (8 suprise suprise) and many BMWs past and present. I was poking fun (maybe as some have mentioned distastefully/inappropriately) I have taken my Evo to Sepang a decent number of times and taken part in a decent number of CCTs as well. I have put in the req amount of money to make my evo as fast as I know how (or can afford) and as reliable at the same time. I have NEVER tracked my beemer/s nor will i ever as its the wrong tool for the job.

My point is this was never meant to be a "how great I am" thread but rather a stab at what I percieved to be silliness.

The thread had orignally began as one to inform others of what had ben achieved. It was clearly stated that the mods had a dynoed result of xx numbers which the owner upon driving confessed that it was not a blinding improvment but a more complete driving experirnce for want of a better word and was in his opinion worth the money.
Everyone is of course entitled to his/her own opinion. But then detractors started to post questions of disbelief, request for proof, demands for side by side road test( !!???)
And then eventually to my amazement 523kw was asked to go on track!!! when he had explicitly stated that car was for daily use and comfort was a priority.

Also the dig at Evo8 being better then 9's was aimed more at someone else in the threa who had an Evo9 but apologies nonetheless.

But rememebr that what majorly made the E9's so much quicker was the inclusion of Mivec and the larger comp housed turbine and magnesium alloy shafted turbo. That the first few batches of turbos were prone to failure is another story.Fact remains that the bigger stock 9 turbo is capable of much more power the the previous models stock turbos if they dont fail. If you change the turbo and cams and head on an evo with CT9A designation, there is virtually no difference between an 8 and a 9.

D_Iceman;143318 said:

I tot you just bought one without NO plate ???? :yikess:

jaskin;143322 said:
I think its good to get a timing below the 3 min mark. But for those greener guys who's over that timing we shouldn't laugh at them or mock them. Some encouragement would definately help.
I was on the receiving end of one of those "i'm faster than u, you're too slow" speeches and it can get you pretty down.

Yah part of the learning curve... I was once called a "Loser" with a Big L on his fore Head by this fat Dude....Take it with a big heart and try to beat those that call you names... nothing beat that ! Satisfaction !!!!!!!!!!!!
Also I learn from Shumi.. retire at your peak ! :nehnehhh:

Hahaha back to topic else kena from "MOD"

My 523 drives very well today... I have since parked it in the airport till my return from SULTAN land.

Ean, people may have reacted that way to Eugene's reply because he had just joined (no face, no history) and immediately posted on an unusually large gain mod. It might have looked like a fake testimonial by a vendor.

523KW;143375 said:
Yah part of the learning curve... I was once called a "Loser" with a Big L on his fore Head by this fat Dude....Take it with a big heart and try to beat those that call you names... nothing beat that ! Satisfaction !!!!!!!!!!!!

lastlaugh.jpg

523KW;143375 said:
Also I learn from Shumi.. retire at your peak ! :nehnehhh:

Hahaha back to topic else kena from "MOD"

My 523 drives very well today... I have since parked it in the airport till my return from SULTAN land.

Hmm you follow Schumi (retire at peak) or follow Agassi (retire cos cannot make it anymore?)
big difference hor :)

I still think your 523 need big lightweight 19" alloy rims , Remus exhaust and K&N intake filter.
:woowooo:

asidbyrne;143390 said:
Hmm you follow Schumi (retire at peak) or follow Agassi (retire cos cannot make it anymore?)
big difference hor :)

I still think your 523 need big lightweight 19" alloy rims , Remus exhaust and K&N intake filter.
:woowooo:

Well a bit of both I guess, the saying goes " As you grow older balls get smaller"
Kind of afraid to hit the wall...
Let settle it on the golf course next weekend instead.....

My 523 good to remain stock.... just like all my cars.. stockish !

Btw I did watch how Schumi drives like night.... did not learn much tot...:lol2:

523KW;143374 said:
I tot you just bought one without NO plate ???? :yikess:

I got a EG6 lah. where got budget for DC5? Wait la, when you buy more properties from me then see how.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win79info

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back