Re: 2.0L valvetronic pushing 170hp?

AFAIK, N46=156bhp and N43=170bhp, which is for Europe market only
PML only bring in N46 and PI brings in N43

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;568888 said:

Oh i see....good for potential owners looking at 4 cyc ride ya........

cheers

davidtch;568872 said:
Juz came back from PML roadshow in Great World. This is the tech spec of E92 320

That's interesting. So why do the brochures on their website show 170bhp/210 Nm?

Colin.

ac323;568877 said:
Hi David,

so PML do not bring in the 320i with the 170hp right?

cheers
Both 320 & 120 is showing the same output leh. Anyway, HK also on N46B20.

wt_know;568888 said:
Check out BMW Japan. It has switched to N43B20

pbear1973;568900 said:
That's interesting. So why do the brochures on their website show 170bhp/210 Nm?

Colin.
I think u need to check with ur SE. E92 320 has been removed from PML website.

For DI, 1 of the indicator is on idling, it is the same sound characteristic like diesel engine. Check out Mini Cooper S(R56).

Interesting..............

cheers

yups. dyno the best way to verify.

pls keep us posted on the findings.

eisenmann and tuning, huat ah!

MTL.

davidtch;568919 said:
Both 320 & 120 is showing the same output leh. Anyway, HK also on N46B20.

Check out BMW Japan. It has switched to N43B20

I think u need to check with ur SE. E92 320 has been removed from PML website.

For DI, 1 of the indicator is on idling, it is the same sound characteristic like diesel engine. Check out Mini Cooper S(R56).

Haha ya.. actually even at 156 bhp the car is a lot of fun espy in M and DS. Just feel it's dishonest of PML to put up brochures that say 170bhp but sell 156bhp cars.

I just checked, the brochure is still online:

BMW 3 Series Coupé

On page 19 it's still showing the incorrect 170bhp/210Nm

chershen;568925 said:
yups. dyno the best way to verify.

pls keep us posted on the findings.

eisenmann and tuning, huat ah!

MTL.

Onza!! Leaving in 10 minutes to get it done! Damn excited siaaa. Hope the results are exciting! :D

pbear1973;568964 said:
Haha ya.. actually even at 156 bhp the car is a lot of fun espy in M and DS. Just feel it's dishonest of PML to put up brochures that say 170bhp but sell 156bhp cars.

BMW 3 Series Coupé

Read the fine print:

The models illustrated in this brochure show the specifications for the German market. In part, they include optional equipment and accessories not fitted as standard. According to the specific requirements of other markets, alterations in models, standard and optional equipment, as described in the text and illustrations, may occur. For precise information please contact your BMW partner. Subject to change in design and equipment. © BMW AG, Munich/Germany.Not to be reproduced wholly or in part without written permission of BMW AG, Munich.​

pbear1973;568964 said:

BMW 3 Series Coupé

Onza!! Leaving in 10 minutes to get it done! Damn excited siaaa. Hope the results are exciting! :D

Hi pbear,

post results ya.......

vroom vroom
cheers

yeah ... post result.
let's see how many horses can be squeezed out from the 156bhp LCI engine :thinking:

LCI vs non-LCI different is 6bhp based on paper. it seems like BMW can simply get 6bhp out from tuning.
unless E90 LCI vs non-LCI ECU --> DME --> DISA got different parts ?

ac323;569015 said:
Hi pbear,

post results ya.......

vroom vroom
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Just curious is the latest batch of the E60 520i using the 170hp engine?

ac323;569015 said:
Hi pbear,

post results ya.......

vroom vroom
cheers

Back!

The initial dyno read between 127-130 bhp, so this is _definitely_ the 156bhp engine. I'm guessing the figures are low partly because i) car companies often have "creative" ways of getting the paper figures, and ii) the engine only has less than 2,000 km on it so it's still a bit tight.

Final dyno showed a modest gain of about 17bhp/20+ Nm. However the Boss tuner (paisei I've only met Nic and Andre so I don't know his name) moved the torque curve downwards so that the engine feels much more torquey now. It's a very nice drive and FC seems to have improved a bit. :) I don't know how. Logically more power = more fuel.

Was it worthwhile? It depends on your objective. If you wanted your 320i to become a 323i or 325i, then probably not. But if you, like me, wanted to maximize the potential of your car and make it a much more fun drive.. then hell yeah it was worthwhile! :D I'm very happy.

And of course service from Boss is excellent as usual. It was also plenty fun meeting other bimmer drivers. :)

I'll post dyno charts tomorrow.

pbear1973;569202 said:
Back!

The initial dyno read between 127-130 bhp, so this is _definitely_ the 156bhp engine. I'm guessing the figures are low partly because i) car companies often have "creative" ways of getting the paper figures, and ii) the engine only has less than 2,000 km on it so it's still a bit tight.

Final dyno showed a modest gain of about 17bhp/20+ Nm. However the Boss tuner (paisei I've only met Nic and Andre so I don't know his name) moved the torque curve downwards so that the engine feels much more torquey now. It's a very nice drive and FC seems to have improved a bit. :) I don't know how. Logically more power = more fuel.

Was it worthwhile? It depends on your objective. If you wanted your 320i to become a 323i or 325i, then probably not. But if you, like me, wanted to maximize the potential of your car and make it a much more fun drive.. then hell yeah it was worthwhile! :D I'm very happy.

And of course service from Boss is excellent as usual. It was also plenty fun meeting other bimmer drivers. :)

huat ah!

MTL!

pbear1973;569202 said:
Back!

Alright...............

what's nexts?

Exhaust? or already done........

cheers

ac323;569205 said:
Alright...............

what's nexts?

Exhaust? or already done........

cheers

Done liao! Got Eisenmann Sports exhaust.. didn't want the Racing exhaust because my wifey will complain about the noise.. haha. The Sports exhausts sounds almost like stock when idling, but is pretty sweet above 3,000 rpm. :D At the very least my car no longer sounds like a mad screaming 4-potter. I'm very pleased!

A word of caution though; the LCI rear bumpers are a little bit longer than the pre-LCI, resulting in the Eisanmanns just peeking out from underneath. Not aesthetically ideal, but functionally still excellent. :)

I'm now awaiting my Gruppe M intakes and Weitec Hicon TX Plus coilovers.. :D But as with all things in the mods business.. wait wait wait.. Xp

pbear1973;569214 said:
Done liao! Got Eisenmann Sports exhaust.. didn't want the Racing exhaust because my wifey will complain about the noise.. haha. The Sports exhausts sounds almost like stock when idling, but is pretty sweet above 3,000 rpm. :D

I'm now awaiting my Gruppe M intakes and Weitec Hicon TX Plus coilovers.. :D But as with all things in the mods business.. wait wait wait.. Xp

Gruppe M... 赞!

pbear1973;569214 said:
Done liao! Got Eisenmann Sports exhaust.. didn't want the Racing exhaust because my wifey will complain about the noise.. haha. The Sports exhausts sounds almost like stock when idling, but is pretty sweet above 3,000 rpm. :D At the very least my car no longer sounds like a mad screaming 4-potter. I'm very pleased!

A word of caution though; the LCI rear bumpers are a little bit longer than the pre-LCI, resulting in the Eisanmanns just peeking out from underneath. Not aesthetically ideal, but functionally still excellent. :)

btw, the weitec taking too long... ) : was hoping to ups my ride...

chershen;569217 said:
btw, the weitec taking too long... ) : was hoping to ups my ride...

Ya man.. the two down sides to mods: cost and waiting. I met a bro today who waited a few months for his X6 Eisenmans. Ouch.

When our Weitecs come in let me know when you're going down to get them :)

pbear1973;569218 said:
Ya man.. the two down sides to mods: cost and waiting. I met a bro today who waited a few months for his X6 Eisenmans. Ouch.

When our Weitecs come in let me know when you're going down to get them :)

roger. ( : but i think it will be a long long time... last heard, haven't even left shore yet...

pbear1973;569214 said:

Hi pbear,

solid.............

vroom vroom
cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups