2 Series Active Tourer Owners, Fall In!

I would like to recommend new BmW owners the following most import thing

Change gearbox atf at 40000km despite their claim of lifetime. V Expensive to change gearbox. When jerky and spoilt.

Do walnut blasting at 50000km if this is a direct cylinder injection engine. Gunk.

Check for Pcv valve and hose leaks as these can also cause high pressure in crankcase leading to oil leaks. High oil loss. Aside from the usually gasket leaks such as the valve cover or oil filter housing areas around 40000-50000km.

Valve seals perhaps at 120,000km
The rest are the usual control arms and suspension and engine mounts if you are sensitive enough to notice.

Change gearbox atf do where ah?

ATF flush need special equipment. Normally outside workshop is just drain and pour in new ATF, this is not consider flush. Anyways, if gear box don't give problem during gear shift, Why flush it :)

ATF flush need special equipment. Normally outside workshop is just drain and pour in new ATF, this is not consider flush. Anyways, if gear box don't give problem during gear shift, Why flush it :)

Correct - ATF flushing needs an equipment to 'vacuum' and replace the new ATF oil in the GB.

But to maintain your warranty with BMW (and if its still within warranty period), follow guidelines strictly in any case later you need to claim against the warranty. After warranty period, can do whatever you want.

On your point on "... if gear box don't give problem during gear shift, Why flush it" does it apply to engine oil too? :Neener: Joking bro ... joking! :D

Correct - ATF flushing needs an equipment to 'vacuum' and replace the new ATF oil in the GB.

But to maintain your warranty with BMW (and if its still within warranty period), follow guidelines strictly in any case later you need to claim against the warranty. After warranty period, can do whatever you want.

On your point on "... if gear box don't give problem during gear shift, Why flush it" does it apply to engine oil too? :Neener: Joking bro ... joking! :D

Haha, u try and let us know :p.

hi champs just signed and secure my coe for gran tourer. can the admin pls add me on telegram pls. eight-699-8-669. looking forward to join the family

hi all,
Here is my concern about my 218d automatic.
My fuel consumption according to car's board computer the fuel consumption is 7,3 l/100.
I am using it mostly in the city, not pushing the pedal, and with start/stop switched off.
I thing this is a little odd.
Does any body else have this issues

hi all,
Here is my concern about my 218d automatic.
My fuel consumption according to car's board computer the fuel consumption is 7,3 l/100.
I am using it mostly in the city, not pushing the pedal, and with start/stop switched off.
I thing this is a little odd.
Does any body else have this issues

city travel here no stop start 216d
onboard computer show
average speed 30km/h
average FC is 13.4
so u r not far off

Anyone interested in 8.8” original bmw screen for at/gt? Price negotiable. Please pm me. Can ask another person to install for 50 bucks. Btw this screen is older version cannot support the new Evo interface. That why selling cheap.

Hi just booked mineral grey 218iAT. Waiting for this Wed COE. 1st Beemer and 1st Cat B. Update..gotten the COE...now waiting for the delivery of car.

Last edited:
Hi just booked mineral grey 218iAT. Waiting for this Wed COE. 1st Beemer and 1st Cat B. Update..gotten the COE...now waiting for the delivery of car.

Collected my ride. Love the drive!

72DDCF6A-8B9A-43D0-9EAD-E461692EE5F6.jpeg

Hi Bros out there driving the AT,

want to check something with you guys. Does your boot lid jerk a little at the end when it comes to a full stop after you open it? Reason asking is I got into a minor accident recently and replaced the boot lid. After the replacement, I notice that it jerked after coming to a full stop when I open it. Hope someone can test it out and share your inputs. Thanks.

I have a 218i active tourer - 2014 model. Recently I noticed a strange phenomenon - when I play music on iTunes on my iPhone, I would have an incessant and irritating loud beeping sound from my head-up display. Strange thing is that even after the ignition is turned off, the beeping continues and shuts down some time later (I am not sure when as I would lock the car after I leave and when I return the next day, the beeping ceased). Brought the car to PML and the technician told me that they never had a situation similar to the one I explained. Wonder if anyone had the some encounter?

Hi Bros.

Would like to check if there’s a WhatsApp group chat for the 216ds.

I just collected my ride yesterday and would like to find out more about what can be done to our car.

My number is 9 two three 7 1 six 1 zero.

Hope to hear from you guys! :)

Hi all :)
Just collected my 216d in May, loving it so far as it’s my first BMW. Jumped off the MB ship haha. Having a little issue, wondering if it’s common:
- AC not cold sometimes, need to restart car
- Bluetooth connection to phone drops while driving, need to restar car

Do I go back to PML or wait till my first servicing? Thanks for your input in advance!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nohuplace
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back