2010 - new 5 series pricing

Re: 2010 - new 5 series pricing

wt_know;528858 said:
318/320 potential buyer definitely will feel the pinch la

the below calculation is just for illustration only hor ... not the real numbers that i got from PML ... but i believe you could figure it out
example: 318/320 OMV = $40k
1 year ago = selling price was = $40K x 2.3 + 6K (coe) + $20K (margin) = $118K
1 year later = selling price would be = $40K x 2.3 + $36K (coe) + $20K (margin) = $148K

the diff of $30K goes to gov pocket la ... PML always maintain the same profit margin for bread&butter car

isn't entry level 3-series was sold at the $150K mark last time ?

that's the correct objective view. PML's margin is much higher than $20k according to oneshift.com.

PML still has a fat margin of close to $60k for the 535i even figuring in $36k COE, based on estimated OMV of $77k.

is it end of quarter closing? a last rush for sales?

anyway my personal view on everything has always been : never chase the train.

have a good day!

Slater;528870 said:
frankly there is no better time liao. COE still on the up trend and it will prolly negate ur discounts when price of F10 come down. whereas securing it now would have automatically gotten 20k appreciation from COE hike.

my 0.02

slater Sir, if ever there's a day you become a PML salesman, i'll look for you! :)

aMacUser;528881 said:
slater Sir, if ever there's a day you become a PML salesman, i'll look for you! :)
dun call me sir leh. when i hear "Sir" i turn around and look for my army platoon commander.

haha. then i have to build up my client base 1st. u shall be numero uno.

neilpryde;528988 said:
Just booked the 535... PML machiam like fish market boze
hows the situation there? judging from last nights response, i reckon its pendamonium this morning?

japboy;528991 said:
price up already ? what is it going for now ?
confirm up. just give them a call and ask for ur desired car models price. u will know how much it went up

Salesman said the old price was till 230pm today. So I boh pian when to book and place deposit. BUT you can cancel the booking if you don't like the car when you you see it in the flesh in the May launch event. So free option lor!

either way ... pml got nothing to lose.

neilpryde;529003 said:
Salesman said the old price was till 230pm today. So I boh pian when to book and place deposit. BUT you can cancel the booking if you don't like the car when you you see it in the flesh in the May launch event. So free option lor!

Last edited by a moderator:

neilpryde;529003 said:

I was told price fixed with guaranteed coe, which I find hard to believe. Is it really true?

neilpryde;529003 said:
if dun like transfer to WT_KNOW. i know he like F10.

715;529012 said:
I was told price fixed with guaranteed coe, which I find hard to believe. Is it really true?
would u think they will back out on their promise?

u r darn right that i like F10
but i keep hearing audi is de BEST with TFSI and no lag .... wahahaha

Slater;529036 said:
if dun like transfer to WT_KNOW. i know he like F10.

wt_know;529047 said:
dun be over obesessed with the turbo. over stretching engine also not good leh bro

well it's written on black and white on the sales invoice on guaranteed COE. But if u cancel, u can't transfer

neilpryde;529073 said:
well it's written on black and white on the sales invoice on guaranteed COE. But if u cancel, u can't transfer
i believe only new 5 series can cancel and take back deposit. all other models deposit will be confiscated.

Slater;529074 said:
i believe only new 5 series can cancel and take back deposit. all other models deposit will be confiscated.

Yes that is correct. Afterall this thread is on the new 5er!

wt_know;529047 said:

Sir, may i request that you re-look at audis hard. each time i drive them, it reminds me why they're not up there with the leaders.

yes, big engine, big horsepower and more but end of day, nothing but clinical numbers. i honestly think my Fiat van drives with much more verve and attitude. clearly the Italians understand the emotional aspect that audi for the longest time could not fathom.

not anti-audi, i look forward to an audi with a big spirit rather than big numbers.

pls do not forsake us wt_know Sir!

thanks for your insight. honestly, i'm really captivated with the big specs of 200+ bhp 350+ Nm torque ... it looks so yummy.

however, the 'drive feel' cannot be substituted by just technical specs of bhp/torque. gonna drive it to feel it ... one day perhaps.

aMacUser;529083 said:
Sir, may i request that you re-look at audis hard. each time i drive them, it reminds me why they're not up there with the leaders.

yes, big engine, big horsepower and more but end of day, nothing but clinical numbers. i honestly think my Fiat van drives with much more verve and attitude. clearly the Italians understand the emotional aspect that audi for the longest time could not fathom.

not anti-audi, i look forward to an audi with a big spirit rather than big numbers.

pls do not forsake us wt_know Sir!

hahaha .... like lexus to toyota ? i guess a lot of the parts are used interchangeably huh

longhorn;529084 said:
Don't say I say. Audi = glorified VW. Oh oh I'm gonna get it......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win55space
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back