2010 - new 5 series pricing

Re: 2010 - new 5 series pricing

Don't know and didn't ask really. Was put off by the "atas" attitude and this is the second bimmer I am getting from them... Will try again tomorrow when I preview the car.

TheNew7;535519 said:
Confirm they got all 3 models there, 523, 523 (HL) & 535.

Both 523 & 535 are Sliver.

523 (HL) is Metallic Black with Black Interior.

That's great man ..... thought PML had only one car for the preview.
Think I may have a little trouble sleeping tonight :laughlik: ..... previewing tomorrow morn.

Slater;535526 said:
have.....

solar film, washing kit, lai ang 3M mat, voucher, 2 leather key pouch and umbrella

Wow .... wonder how much commission SE (PML) gets from sale of one F10???
Don't want to hassle too much .......if commission is not that much mah!
After all, number of COEs likely to keep dropping for next 5 years. SE may have hard time surviving.

And what solar film did you fix? I am presently on Vkool (paid from my own pocket)...... but find that it really attenuates GPS signal to my handphone. Stick it out the window and signals all jump up.

kinggo;535629 said:
After all, number of COEs likely to keep dropping for next 5 years. SE may have hard time surviving.

And what solar film did you fix? I am presently on Vkool (paid from my own pocket)...... but find that it really attenuates GPS signal to my handphone. Stick it out the window and signals all jump up.
this is the 2nd bimmer from my SE, hence more forth coming. he is a great dude la, a petrol head himself.

was given in house 3///M solar films. but a pity its compliant tint. not orh lu lu like sherman's of infratint.

kinggo;535629 said:

slater squeezed his SE dry. poor SE

把自己的快樂 建立在別人的痛苦上. his SE says one

there are few brands of solar flim...3M and Vcool seems to be the more reputable brands.

Within 3M and Vcool, there are many grades of films. physically, some darker and depends what look you like ultimately.

If we put looks aside ( i mean the shade of darkness), which is a good grade of film from 3M and vcool,

I dun want to cut a hole at the IU ERP or have issues with mobilephone signal.

Please enlighten me if anyone could.

thanks

bmwmonster;535679 said:
there are few brands of solar flim...3M and Vcool seems to be the more reputable brands.

Within 3M and Vcool, there are many grades of films. physically, some darker and depends what look you like ultimately.

If we put looks aside ( i mean the shade of darkness), which is a good grade of film from 3M and vcool,

thanks
they dun cut a hole around IU. the remove bracket of IU, apply film then stick new IU bracket back. no worries.

hitmee;535674 said:
slater squeezed his SE dry. poor SE

把自己的快樂 建立在別人的痛苦上. his SE says one
my SE said ur SE quit after selling u ur E46. money losing deal.

bmwmonster;535679 said:

thanks

2 packages from 3M available, LTA compliant.

1. Platinum plus (back darker tint)
2. Crystalline (clear tint all round)

I did the platinum plus package.

Not sure about vcool.

commonly its platinum plus they give. i got that on my ride from SE

Slater;535706 said:
commonly its platinum plus they give. i got that on my ride from SE

Pls keep the discussion to f10 only.
Start a new thread on solar film. Thread police says one

hitmee;535713 said:
Pls keep the discussion to f10 only.
Start a new thread on solar film. Thread police says one
r u refering to urself as secret mata?

Hi,

Just viewed the F10 this morning!

They got 3 cars there: 535 silver, 523 highline black, 523 silver. If you liked the F10 seen on internet pictures, you will love it in the metal. :woottt:The lines show up much better on Silver than Black in my opinion. Certainly not disappointed......... the car is beautiful. Love it even more after the preview.

No test drive until the launch... around 20 May.

Why all 3 preview cars are in black leather?? No other colours on display....

The Ash grain trim is very light and doesn't seem to suit the black leather in the preview car..... but I think it should go fine with the light leather colours like beige, oyster or grey.

Quality of interior is certainly up. Materials feels very solid and switchgears look and feel expensive.
Doors also close with a solid thunk..... even though they are supposedly aluminium.

All the above in my opinion only yah... :smack:Cheers.

Just came back from the preview. Car doesn't "wow" you but its going to be a grower. Its an elegant design, with contour lines and surface treatment that are only obvious when seen in the metal - the photos don't quite do the car justice. Front looks quite small though, and not quite as aggressive as the E60. The rear 3/4 view, like the photo below, looked beautiful.

IMG_4860.jpg

Like kinggo said, PML should have made other interior colours available. The black interiors were a bit sombre. The ash grain trim on the Highline version was rather bright and the fineline anthracite on the 535 or the standard black high gloss on the 523 base would have made better choices.

The 17" wheels on the 523 base surprisingly looked quite good. Of course, the 18" on the 523 Highline and 535 looked better but the 17", because of the spoke design, didn't look undertyred, IMV.

The doors were very light but closed easily with a solid thunk - don't think that Soft Close would be necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Had my preview this morning....

The followings are my thoughts:
1) The car looks very nice in metal. After the F10 viewing, the E60 does create a dated feeling.
2) The anthracite headliner in the 535 gives the interior a more cosy feeling. I like it!!
3) My opinion is that the 18" rim on the 523HI looks better than the ones on the 535.
4) The sports auto transmission & steering on the 535 includes DDC, which gives the toggle switch SPORTS-NORMAL setting (a good option to addon for the 523)

After the viewing, my "CFO" is convinced with the 535. Will be calling my SE to change my order to a 535 for june production.

Wow, usually its the CFO that needs convincing...this is best man...

Btw, PML allows you to change but still maintain the old prices?

Cool Al;535894 said:
Wow, usually its the CFO that needs convincing...this is best man...

Btw, PML allows you to change but still maintain the old prices?

Have not spoken with my SE yet, I am assuming it will be old prices.

48X;535874 said:
Had my preview this morning....

The followings are my thoughts:
1) The car looks very nice in metal. After the F10 viewing, the E60 does create a dated feeling.
2) The anthracite headliner in the 535 gives the interior a more cosy feeling. I like it!!
3) My opinion is that the 18" rim on the 523HI looks better than the ones on the 535.
4) The sports auto transmission & steering on the 535 includes DDC, which gives the toggle switch SPORTS-NORMAL setting (a good option to addon for the 523)

After the viewing, my "CFO" is convinced with the 535. Will be calling my SE to change my order to a 535 for june production.

The 535 does not come with DDC. The sport-normal switch is standard with the sport auto tranny. If you order the DDC, you will get comfort, standard, sport and sport+ settings. Personally, I think this is good option to have - you can read about it in bimmerpost and other forums why the suspension is so great in this car. It is one pricey option though at $5k...

jellyfish;536004 said:
The 535 does not come with DDC. The sport-normal switch is standard with the sport auto tranny. If you order the DDC, you will get comfort, standard, sport and sport+ settings. Personally, I think this is good option to have - you can read about it in bimmerpost and other forums why the suspension is so great in this car. It is one pricey option though at $5k...

Pai Seh for any confusion.... :ehhh:
The DDC I was refering to is Dynamic Driving Control (not Dynamic Damping Control).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetgenin

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back