216i GT Owners

Just signed on for 4.5 yo GT. Collection this Saturday.
Would like to hear more tips and tricks from fellow Tourers.
Please add me @ nine0zero2two6zero5.

I'm collecting my 3yo 216i GT this week and would like to know more. Can add me into your telegram group please. Thanks! 90287926

Hello! Newly minted GT owner here. Would like to be added to the telegram chat to absorb all the poison u guys have on your rides! My number is 85188715. Thank u

Hi, i recently bought a used 216i gran tourer. I thought it would come with navigation system, only to find out that the infotainment screen doesn't have map at all. Is this normal? How can i get the map onto the idribe system?

Hi, i recently bought a used 216i gran tourer. I thought it would come with navigation system, only to find out that the infotainment screen doesn't have map at all. Is this normal? How can i get the map onto the idribe system?

There are various iterations of that infotainment screen / HU ( BMW calls it an idrive ) .Usually the base model in a lineup is not imported by PML with the navigation equipped idrive to keep the total cost low.

The options are either to :

1. Replace the entire idrive system including larger screen with an original BMW part Nav equipped HU . search Elebest on Facebook . He does good work but the costs are ridiculous - $ 25xx + !! . This is the full upgrade to the Navigation equipped factory system.

2. Aftermarket android screens which come with their own issues ( Think of what happens to an old Android hp ) which is the cheaper option costing $5xx onwards . These are rebranded MIC screens of varying quality.

3. MMI box like https://droiduk.com/product/mmi-box/ which adds functionality to your existing screen by I think screen mirroring . This is a 2nd cheaper option.

Last edited:
Thank you! Or maybe i'll just get a phone holder and use google map on my phone. just feel the screen is wasted

yeah that's what I ended up doing on mine . Can't imagine spending that much for an 8.8 " screen + HU when that money can get me a big screen TV :D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keonhacainexus
Back