2nd GruppeM for E46 318i Valvetronic liao!!

Re: 2nd GruppeM for E46 318i Valvetronic liao!!

wilman2772 said:
4th will be Kentonna!! 5th will be Benikoh!! I'll do the install for kentonna on Tues at BVO afternoon, drop by if U wanna hear & see the GruppeM!!
4th for valvetronic, first for cab? Kekeke...... Can't wait for later......

kenntona said:

Swee...make sure you don't activate my neighbors' car alarm when you're in my basement carpark... :naughty:

TripleM said:
Swee...make sure you don't activate my neighbors' car alarm when you're in my basement carpark... :naughty:
Kenn, in light of what Jack has said, please rev long long hard hard. Thanks!

MRacer77 said:
Kenn, in light of what Jack has said, please rev long long hard hard. Thanks!

Same thing applies to u oso...

Kenn or Will
Post some pix pls when done...swee2x..or even better, some sound clip :yummie:

TripleM said:
Same thing applies to u oso...

Kenn or Will
Post some pix pls when done...swee2x..or even better, some sound clip :yummie:
Me? My car very very quiet one what...

kenntona said:

Congrats on your acquisition of the GruppeM, bro. Now, just rev the bugger and listen to the growl!! :cloud9:

SL2 said:
Congrats on your acquisition of the GruppeM, bro. Now, just rev the bugger and listen to the growl!! :cloud9:
If you asked me, the growl can be quite irritating with the top down. Take some getting used to......

kenntona said:
If you asked me, the growl can be quite irritating with the top down. Take some getting used to......

That's what I felt when it was initially installed. Felt it was too loud BUT now..kekeke..no sound = not driving! :yummie:

Hi,

Just a silly question...When there is heavy rain, will the rainwater sip into the filter? Any long terms effects on the engine?

Leean said:
Hi,

Just a silly question...When there is heavy rain, will the rainwater sip into the filter? Any long terms effects on the engine?

It's very unlikely heavy rain will sip into the engine bay area ...that's the last thing that u shud worry bout ..
But if got tsunami then different story..

Hi guys,
Me super newbird....correct me if I'm wrong. THis Gruppe M is a Ram Air Intake system from Japan right?? Looks nice, should sounds nice too.....how much extra BHP does it gives??

I also very new, and very BENG too. I also want to ask some stupid questions:

1. has the gruppeM been fitted to anyone's e90 so far? trying to fit one so that I can outrun the TP

2. will it void PML's warranty? I guess this is their potentially best execuse.

3. how much extra BHP does it give, any precise measurement taken?

4. How much fuel does it consumed in extra after being fitted.

5. Freaking noisy? so much so u cant hear yr ICE properly unless simultaneously adding sound prooving?

6. Cost? My childhood BENG friend just told me he fitted his HONDA Euro R with one and it cost him $XXXX

7. do you also need to supplement it with ...say an exhaust mod or something to make the mod complete

kam sia kam sia.....Kuan Yim Hood Chor bless everyone here

1. has the gruppeM been fitted to anyone's e90 so far? trying to fit one so that I can outrun the TP

It has been fitted on a E90 330... seen it . but not enough gains for u to outrun the TP.

2. will it void PML's warranty? I guess this is their potentially best execuse.

Really depends on ur CSA, but usually the warranty will be void.

3. how much extra BHP does it give, any precise measurement taken?

Cannot remember wat were the exact gains but i say 10bhp.

4. How much fuel does it consumed in extra after being fitted.

Nothing that will make u go broke.

5. Freaking noisy? so much so u cant hear yr ICE properly unless simultaneously adding sound prooving?

I'tll have a very nice growl and a slight whine to it... can always turn up the volume on ur ice..

6. Cost? My childhood BENG friend just told me he fitted his HONDA Euro R with one and it cost him $XXXX

Withing the SGD1000 to SGD1500 if im not wrong.. for Valvetronic slighty more ex.

7. do you also need to supplement it with ...say an exhaust mod or something to make the mod complete

That's up to you... the air intake will work fine by itself, dosent need any of the above to make it complete, but an added bonus is a diff story .

shaaz.

thx shaaz, I will do further research. Interestingly, my friend told me his HONDA agent did not void the warranty....sigh. Anyway I will try to catch him these few nights, his gonna give me a taxi rid.

BTW, why would u want to add an air intake for a 330i? Can already outrun TP !

rex7_vtec said:
The same reason why you keep on emphasising on the word BENG.

Bro, his car is Supercharged! So dun need GruppeM liao!!!

:lol2:

'The Great White'

marcong77 said:
Hi guys,
Me super newbird....correct me if I'm wrong. THis Gruppe M is a Ram Air Intake system from Japan right?? Looks nice, should sounds nice too.....how much extra BHP does it gives??

BTW, I still have stock for a brand new GruppeM E46 318i valvetronic!

Cheers

'The Great White'

wilman2772 said:
BTW, I still have stock for a brand new GruppeM E46 318i valvetronic!

Cheers

'The Great White'

Nah, I already decided that a Gruppe is not for my humble 4 potter...unless it's a 6 pots. Looks cold, but maybe the induction area is too big...hence the loss in power at low torque. :confused: Something like the Cyberspeed excites me more. :yummie:
Still a rookie.........

Wilman, I'm looking into the possibility of installing the intake for valvetronic, 318Ci facelift coupe. That and an Eisemann exhaust. How much would that set me back by?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back