• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

3 Series Convertible

Re: 3 Series Convertible

I am currently driving a PML 2008 manufactured 325i convertible. Nice drive so far. Very happy with the car except for the following issue. When it rains, droplets of rain leak through the rubber joint between the front right window and the roof. I have sent it back to PML to get it fixed, but it still leaked when there is a heavy rain. Any suggestion? Thanks. :helpp!:

Bro, this is serious problem leh...water droplets leaking into car and considering Spore weather, 40% of the time raining...Must think twice abt cabrio.
Other BMers who own cabrio, do u have such a problem?

hi, i got a 323i convertible and 335i convertible for sale. call me to discuss more if you are interested. 96173520 Anslem :woottt:

hi i'm new here
i would like to know the main difference between purchasing from PI and PML
Is there a big difference in the OMV?
Would the resale value be affected?

roger40;439730 said:
Bro, this is serious problem leh...water droplets leaking into car and considering Spore weather, 40% of the time raining...Must think twice abt cabrio.
Other BMers who own cabrio, do u have such a problem?

Common problem with frameless doors so I'm told - its more like a streak mark down the glass after rain or car wash. Not enough to cause alarm but more bothersome - just needs a cloth to wipe off unsightly water stain on glass each time. You get used to it after awhile.

My thoughts on OMV and BMW in Singapore.
I think all cars in Singapore resale value are more or less dependent on the [OMV + COE] vs the remaining years left for the car. So when it comes to selling, I presume there will be no difference in resale price between PI and PML cars (I might be wrong).
After checking around for my BMW recently and comparing the OMV....generally there is not much difference in the OMV between PI and PML.
The selling price between two cars with similar OMV value can vary greatly by a difference of $20k-40k between PI and PML cars (you go figure which one is more expensive). Hell...even between PIs the car price can varies $5-10k difference with similar OMV!

Markus;440361 said:
Common problem with frameless doors so I'm told - its more like a streak mark down the glass after rain or car wash. Not enough to cause alarm but more bothersome - just needs a cloth to wipe off unsightly water stain on glass each time. You get used to it after awhile.

Thanks. Mine is not steak mark. It dripped. But I must say that it happens only after a heavy rainstorm. I got the entire rubber seal changed by PML (as it is still under warranty). But it happened again quick quickly after that. Just wanna make sure that this problem is not unique. That said, I am very happy with this car. Have always wanted a convertible since young, and very glad I got the 325. Was contemplating between the 325, Audi TT convertible, SLK 200 and Volvo C70. Choose the 325 and no regrets so far. :cloud9:

cliffinsg;440366 said:
It dripped. But I must say that it happens only after a heavy rainstorm. I got the entire rubber seal changed by PML (as it is still under warranty). But it happened again quick quickly after that.

Could the rubber gasket be of a poor fit? Just a suggestion. Can try asking the installer to do a water spray test at their car wash bay after installation.

cliffinsg;440366 said:
Thanks. Mine is not steak mark. It dripped. But I must say that it happens only after a heavy rainstorm. I got the entire rubber seal changed by PML (as it is still under warranty). But it happened again quick quickly after that. Just wanna make sure that this problem is not unique. That said, I am very happy with this car. Have always wanted a convertible since young, and very glad I got the 325. Was contemplating between the 325, Audi TT convertible, SLK 200 and Volvo C70. Choose the 325 and no regrets so far. :cloud9:

That's awful for a main dealer car. You should go bang table. Agree that your other considerations cannot compare with the 325 apart from perhaps the TT but that has much less space. Quite liked the Boxster S too but again space sucked.

If the seal is changed then maybe should check the roof mechanism alignment.

A mechanic did told me these rubber seals may not be made to the exact spec so even if its new, it may still leak. This was over 10yrs ago and not on a bmw though.

kiss29;440364 said:
My thoughts on OMV and BMW in Singapore.
I think all cars in Singapore resale value are more or less dependent on the [OMV + COE] vs the remaining years left for the car. So when it comes to selling, I presume there will be no difference in resale price between PI and PML cars (I might be wrong).
After checking around for my BMW recently and comparing the OMV....generally there is not much difference in the OMV between PI and PML.
The selling price between two cars with similar OMV value can vary greatly by a difference of $20k-40k between PI and PML cars (you go figure which one is more expensive). Hell...even between PIs the car price can varies $5-10k difference with similar OMV!

sorry for going a little off topic, but what must i know before buying a car
How does COE and OMV affect the pricing of the car and what happens should i want to sell it off?

Markus;440361 said:

cliffinsg;440366 said:
Thanks. Mine is not steak mark. It dripped. But I must say that it happens only after a heavy rainstorm. I got the entire rubber seal changed by PML (as it is still under warranty). But it happened again quick quickly after that. Just wanna make sure that this problem is not unique.

i think the streak marks down the glass is v different from dripping water. I have a soft top, no problems at all even when in heavy rain. I'd be concerned if water was dripping in.

I only get slight streaks down the windows when i spray water directly at the joint where the window glass meets the rubber seal. And even then, when i wash the car it hardly streaks. I recently got caught in super heavy rain (the kind that sounds scary when u're in the cabin) and no problems too. Cos the water doesn't beat against the window seals.

If i were you i'd get PML to check it out. And try applying some rubber conditioner, might help the window-seal contact.

Thanks for the all the advice wrt the seal. Will get it checked again.

Just have one other query on fuel consumption. Wanna check whether this is normal. My 325 convertible is one year old now. If I use 98 fuel (full tank), it runs for 380-400 KM. If I use 95 fuel (full tank), it runs out after 320-350 KM. It guzzles. My gauge reads 6 KM per litre! My previous car, the BMW 320i saloon gets me nearly 500 KM per full tank. My driving habit... I live near town and works in Raffles Place area, so city driving on most days. Seldom take the expressway. Appreciate your thoughts.

I get 320km on my 335i with similar driving profile and the reading averages 5.7-5.8km/l but admittedly I can get rather heavy footed

My fc during burn-in is about 20l/km, mostly driving in congested roads in start-stop condition.

cliffinsg;440668 said:
Just have one other query on fuel consumption. Wanna check whether this is normal. My 325 convertible is one year old now. If I use 98 fuel (full tank), it runs for 380-400 KM. If I use 95 fuel (full tank), it runs out after 320-350 KM. It guzzles. My gauge reads 6 KM per litre! My previous car, the BMW 320i saloon gets me nearly 500 KM per full tank. My driving habit... I live near town and works in Raffles Place area, so city driving on most days. Seldom take the expressway. Appreciate your thoughts.

same engine as yours, but prob lighter car: i get about 8.1km/l with mainly city driving. Now i try to do a but more highway driving too, about 35%highway&65%city, and i get 8.7km/l. I run caltex plat 98UL and vpower when it's cheap. hard to compare to the E90 320 engines... those have v good FC for a bmw!

i find that if you tend to stretch your engine now and then, it's better to use 98 octane gas. I understand our engines are optimized for 98 grade. Otherwise you'll just keep gunning the throttle and burn more 95 anyway, and no cost savings. (i tried before on an e46 318 - it used even more fuel than my other M54 6 cyl car!) think if you drive v conservatively, 95UL will do.

err is there any risk in buying a used import?
Would the OMV be affected?
Is there warranty?

depends if the PI 320i comes standard with N45 (170 hp) or N46 (150 hp) engines. Ask them to confirm.

Hi guys, I just join this forum aft placing order for a 320i convertible, so thought give my 2 cents worth as well. not very sure abt the jargons u all using, but i bought it frm a PI since performance doesnt bring in, its a hard top n dealer told mi its a 170 bhp, 4 cylinder. i actually bought it inclusive of M sports package as well, price was very attractive n i was a little afraid at first but was introduced thru a common fren, n warranty is under MBM as well, at first tot its some ulu workshop until i read it here. Mine is a white with red seats !!! cant wait ! haha !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vip777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back