320 or 325?

Re: 320 or 325?

I vote for E90 320 still pure driving pleasure after 5 years.

Go for the 325 , 320 has no power . I have the e90 325 bought it 2 years ago second hand . Beautiful car to drive handles very well.

But servicing costs can go up very fast. Normal oil change is $200+ .

But once the car does 120k then the wear and tear all come in . I just changed the front bushes , rear brake pads and rotors , battery , light bulbs. Air con now not cold and my exhaust solenoid for the vanos needs replacing . You can say good buy to $3k for all .

My advice is to get the car checked before you buy it.

3k just for those wear and tear items mentioned ?

Quite ex .....

gd74;1089394 said:
Go for the 325 , 320 has no power . I have the e90 325 bought it 2 years ago second hand . Beautiful car to drive handles very well.

But servicing costs can go up very fast. Normal oil change is $200+ .

But once the car does 120k then the wear and tear all come in . I just changed the front bushes , rear brake pads and rotors , battery , light bulbs. Air con now not cold and my exhaust solenoid for the vanos needs replacing . You can say good buy to $3k for all .

My advice is to get the car checked before you buy it.

If I need to change the air con coil and solenoid then I am at $3k all in

Aircond not cool got many cause, check before replace coil.
Sometimes it just defected expansion valve or clogged evaporator coil.

Yes I am getting a second opinion , I will do a pressure test also . It is cold after a while just takes a few minutes to go cold . Could be I need to flush the old gas out and replace ..

Thx bro

gd74;1089404 said:
Yes I am getting a second opinion , I will do a pressure test also . It is cold after a while just takes a few minutes to go cold . Could be I need to flush the old gas out and replace ..

Thx bro

When my e60 aircond was not cool, i release refrigerant from system, vacuum for 1 hours, then tightness test for half hour.
Recharge to manufacture require level, it does improve very little.
And i check expansion valve condition, check superheat, subcooling on system..... end up it was evaporator coil dirty and clog to cause bad heat exchange on evaporator coil.

If you are referring to the exhaust solenoid valve - thought that one can try cleaning first ....

gd74;1089402 said:
If I need to change the air con coil and solenoid then I am at $3k all in

Yes I have had it cleaned but still the problem persists. It could also be a gasket so it's trial and error to see what to change .. Headache

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikvip0com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back