320 or 325?

Re: 320 or 325?

REND;1088621 said:
wow that must be a super old 320i that cant even overtake a lorry.

someone saw me???? pai say lay...

but the lorry belly loooong lay...

when i abt to overtake, he turn liaozz....:roll:

Jason8822;1088686 said:
Talk is free
Try it out then we can know

Guys my 320 rily slow lah.... altis alrdi chiat me lor....

dont say lorry... bicycle also i gt to give way lay.... cos they r rily fast....

ur ride belly fast huh??? traffic lite no id to stop isit???

wish i cn afford far lah lee..... drive 50 on high way nobody will curse me.... cos fc high... Lol

Ah yang;1088681 said:
Wah liao. Tel us the truth. Got ppl mention 320 cant even win a lorry n i dun believe it bro...

Will PML take back my ride cos they say disgraced to BMW???? like gaderment enblock....

j-sho;1088593 said:
thanks mate. any workshop to recommend for such checks? pls pm me if not convenient to reveal

cheers

Your regular workshop should do, get your mechanic to check the standard issues like gearbox & oil leak (valves/gasket seals), other wear & tear sometimes bo bian one.. I already replaced 2 door locking device & 1 power window device not mentioning others from the engine bay & under carriage, just be prepared & enjoy your new ride.

Otherwise, go to site sponsor like R2D or BVO..etc

Best of luck in your shopping.

seanskye;1088611 said:
I came from the JDM (EG6, Silvia, etc) side of the tracks. Personally, horsepower is almost bullshit for NA daily driving in SG. Just how often does one keep his rev up at 5-6000rpm to produce peak power?

The BMW is so technologically advanced that people forget about the other systems such as transmission which admittedly is b**** to tune. But for NA rides, the speed of the shifts are almost as critical, if not more, as the gains in power. Do it well, and you have a monster.

irrelevant bro.

both have the same transmission, and for LCI 320i, likely 325i has the better ZF shifter. still, the IL6 has better low down power for zero-to-traffic-light drag race. 325i also has DISA + Double VANOS + Valvetronic. no matter how the 320i is modded, it is still not going to gain 62 or so horses, unless it is FI-ed.

i would agree that the real deal is with the driver skills, but here in SG, no need. even sonata taxi also can win you even if you drive a lambo. how? he just have to accelerate before the light turns green and drive in the middle of two lanes in front of you. you also lan lan.

320 or 325?

detach8;1088706 said:
even sonata taxi also can win you even if you drive a lambo. how? he just have to accelerate before the light turns green and drive in the middle of two lanes in front of you. you also lan lan.

That's true! Those blue sonata taxis chiet BMWs all the time.

Signing up for taxi course now!

seanskye;1088709 said:
That's true! Those blue sonata taxis chiet BMWs all the time.

Signing up for taxi course now!

no lay... otw hm i in the mood.. jus chiat one fcuking sonata taxi...
i pick up he also pick up.... pissed lah!!!
i drive slow dosent mean my car cnt go...
but i tink my fc gonna b high tis trip... shld b mw say one...

The LCI 320 uses a GM gearbox while the 325 rightly said is using ZF gearbox - not the same.

That being said there is no way the 320 is going to close the 1.8 sec 0-100 gap between the 2.

But what Seanskye is saying is that the gap can be reduced and would be useful for the driver of the smaller engine between traffic lights.

IMHO - there is relavence - Typically when the stock transmission up shifts it takes 200ms while down shifts takes about 100ms. And while it's shifting the ignition timing might pull and the drive train is not fully engaged for power delivery. If each shift's timing is reduced by 30% and each traffic light involves 2-3 shifts .... The gap would close or open more depending on who did the transmission tune.

Just my 2 cents .......

detach8;1088706 said:
irrelevant bro.

both have the same transmission, and for LCI 320i, likely 325i has the better ZF shifter. still, the IL6 has better low down power for zero-to-traffic-light drag race. 325i also has DISA + Double VANOS + Valvetronic. no matter how the 320i is modded, it is still not going to gain 62 or so horses, unless it is FI-ed.

i would agree that the real deal is with the driver skills, but here in SG, no need. even sonata taxi also can win you even if you drive a lambo. how? he just have to accelerate before the light turns green and drive in the middle of two lanes in front of you. you also lan lan.

Red_Bean_Bun;1088723 said:
The LCI 320 uses a GM gearbox while the 325 rightly said is using ZF gearbox - not the same.

That being said there is no way the 320 is going to close the 1.8 sec 0-100 gap between the 2.

But what Seanskye is saying is that the gap can be reduced and would be useful for the driver of the smaller engine between traffic lights.

IMHO - there is relavence - Typically when the stock transmission up shifts it takes 200ms while down shifts takes about 100ms. And while it's shifting the ignition timing might pull and the drive train is not fully engaged for power delivery. If each shift's timing is reduced by 30% and each traffic light involves 2-3 shifts .... The gap would close or open more depending on who did the transmission tune.

Just my 2 cents .......

+1

Completely relevant. Tested and proven on my ride.

Don't forget the 325 is geared taller than 320. It may need to shift less to the same speed too.

Agreed that the 325 has a substantially taller drive ratio ......

Generally the shorter drive ratios are better for quick acceleration over short distances while taller ratios are better for reaching top speed over longer distances.

The shift point has an influence as well ......

In the past - If lup turbo is not an option .... A shorter FD ratio is a mod worth considering though top speed would reduce.

detach8;1088725 said:
Don't forget the 325 is geared taller than 320. It may need to shift less to the same speed too.

8 pages to decide between a 4-pot and a 6-pot?

What happened to sheer driving pleasure?

kenntona;1088734 said:

I think i gotta make a thread for V6 and IL6.
Anyway, inline 6 is real sweet when you rev hard.

kenntona;1088734 said:

How about Ultimate Driving Machine?

christopher ngo;1088736 said:
I think i gotta make a thread for V6 and IL6.
Anyway, inline 6 is real sweet when you rev hard.
Which 1 better?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamej88food
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back