320???

chocholic

I am planning to purchase the 320 from PML but am having second thoughts after reading of the technical feedback and questions. It seems that this is a high maintenance ride compared to Japanese make like Honda. I'm apprehensive & lost as I am a hard driver; My 4 yrs old Civic mileage is 100,000km. Can anyone advise me?

Re: 320???

welcome!!!

did u check wit PML if they still hv the 3 yrs free maintenance program?
Mileage of 25K per yr is decent .

chocholic said:
I am planning to purchase the 320 from PML but am having second thoughts after reading of the technical feedback and questions. It seems that this is a high maintenance ride compared to Japanese make like Honda. I'm apprehensive & lost as I am a hard driver; My 4 yrs old Civic mileage is 100,000km. Can anyone advise me?
Few cents:

(1) What did you read and how would you define "high maintenance" on the BMW?
(2) Not sure how you define "hard" driving, but you have to consider mod-ability of the 4-potter as far as further torque enhancement is concerned. You have to elaborate your needs.
(3) Your mileage - what's the exact implications? That you drive a lot? The BMW, despite the usual tear & wear items, can probably take more abuse than you think before 150,000 km.

You need to evaluate what are you looking for in switching to a BMW. Power/torque? Comfort? Day-to-day no fuss driving? Track?

What are your needs?

chocholic;197715 said:

High maintenance? For what? Anyway, things in the car don't break down easily.. most things that do spoil within 3 years are replaced FOC. For oil maintance, not much difference with a civic.

Hard driver? you mean you everytime full throttle or you drive around alot?
Anyway, my family's 3 year old car did 105,000km in 3 years. And have me flooring it all the time. Till now not giving me problems at all. Is that reliable enough? Ha.. btw, me driving a e46 318i. Same 2L engine just that the new 320i 2L produces more horsepower with some tuning.

So my advice also, just buy. no need to think!!:) Hope this helps

320 is just like a normal car. High maintenance? i dont think so... hardly see any 320 breakdown. Get the 3 years free maintenance program.
cheers!

Tks for all the replies. I drive around a lot... so thats why my Honda is giving me some wear and tear problems currently...
I have to negotiate with PML for 3 yrs foc maintenance as they arent giving it free at this point in time. I read of some users having problems with coil ignition, engine oil etc.... so it worries me. Is it coz some of them modified their bimmers?
I'm looking for a reliable car with good sound proofing. Comfort and power is also impt.

kenntona;197722 said:
Few cents:

how would you define "high maintenance"

What are your needs?

A "bu" that is drving a BMW is considered "high maintenance"

Her needs is to find a Horsin that can maintain high maintenance "bu":laughlik: :laughlik:

chocholic;197764 said:
I'm looking for a reliable car with good sound proofing. Comfort and power is also impt.

Buy 7 series... has everything u want. i am interested to let go mine if can find her a good owner. PM me and leave down ur phone number.:) :)

chocholic;197719 said:
sorry i not beng... i'm girl leh. i thinking of getting the 3 series: 320i.....

wah babe,wan a taxi ride in my 330i ?people say fastest in singapore leh.
or any questions regarding BMW can ask me leh.

cheers

chocholic;197764 said:
i was a Honda fan too having owned 3 Hondas prior to BMW. if u are looking for the above, then a 3er would fit the bill :)

I think you forgot to add a few more words.

"my 330i people say fastest in singapore leh but lost to Mark X". :nehnehhh:

Dear folks, i was wondering if without the 3 yrs free maintenance program, what is the estimated average cost per year for servicing & maintain for a 320?

my view is that the BSI is really not required...assuming normal usage, 1 yr only serviced once and price should be 500 for 1st svcing and 1k for 2nd servicing...like dat where got hua to pay 3k for 3yrs?

If i understand correct, the average for maintain a 320 is about $800 a year? therefore it is unwise to get the $3K package?

ho2786;198179 said:
should be around 2009.they arrived in 2005.

X-Men, li kong simi dong dong?

Chocolate, e90 is out less than 1.5 yrs.. not so soon face lift. i tot u need a car that is good in sound proofing? 7 series more suitable, 2 falali with racing tubi exhaust zoom by, inside 7 oso cnt hear.

gadgets;197943 said:
my view is that the BSI is really not required...assuming normal usage, 1 yr only serviced once and price should be 500 for 1st svcing and 1k for 2nd servicing...like dat where got hua to pay 3k for 3yrs?

Yeap I have the BSI for my 320i. Personally I feel its not required, but I got it "FOC". I did some maths, if u need to replace wear/tear parts, its cheaper to go to J4C or BVO. They can do it....and better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vt999today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back