320???

Re: 320???

ho2786;197774 said:
wah babe,wan a taxi ride in my 330i ?people say fastest in singapore leh.
or any questions regarding BMW can ask me leh.

cheers

I heard your wife is reading your posts:lol2:

chocholic;197764 said:
Tks for all the replies. I drive around a lot... so thats why my Honda is giving me some wear and tear problems currently...
I have to negotiate with PML for 3 yrs foc maintenance as they arent giving it free at this point in time. I read of some users having problems with coil ignition, engine oil etc.... so it worries me. Is it coz some of them modified their bimmers?
I'm looking for a reliable car with good sound proofing. Comfort and power is also impt.

Hi chocholic.. wear and tear i guess is normal to all cars.. my 320 is 2 yrs old and 50K milleage.. went for 2 servicing.. 1st servicing paid $400, 2nd servicing paid $800, both done at PML. Went outside changed another round of brake pads and brake oil and paid $250.

High maintenance - it really depends.. my petrol consumption went up by 20% after changing from 1.6l car to this 2l car... then went up by another 20% again after changing from original 16" RFT to 19" wheels...
Reliable - got a bit of small problems here and there which happened to many e90s in the forum, but not something big issue.
Comfort - not really that comfort, in fact the car a bit heavy and bumpy.
Power - 320 is definitely under power.
Prestige - Got a bit la..

But if u looking for a car to drive from Pt A and Pt B.. 320 is still a nice car to drive.. :)

nicely summed up, Babe! :)

Thanks for the sum up babe. Seems like maintenance cost is close to my current ride. I just realised that I have spent abt $5k on servicing at Honda.
Er but what are the small problems of the E90?
I am now confused with so much info feed to me... some told me better to wait for the new C Class than get the E90... I know it depends on what I want but i cant make up my mind...

hi chocolate,

if u still undecided, it may be a good gamble to wait for the C lauch. One, you can compare the 2 to see which u really like, two, there could be a turf/price war? Afterall, only another 2 mths to wait it out nia...........cheers.

small problems like wiper juttering, rear axle noises (which i'm getting my changed later this month) that you get to read in whats happening to my car threads...nothing major that warranty claims cant rectify...in fact, some of these have been resolved with the later batches. as for price war, its been going on since new year, after they announced that Merc had the upper hand for Jan and Feb sales...and PML promo is still ongoing! IMO, Merc and Bimmer are 2 diff animals, Merc gives the towkay-kind of look while Bimmer the exec look, so it depends on your wants (if this sound biased, well, this is BMW forum after all :)). btw, heard Merc svcing is also not cheap...a friend of mine who switched to the E200 FL goes for svcing every 6 mths and it cost him about $1k each time...)

I agreed with fooman700 that if you have the time then wait for the C-class.

I have a strong feeling that the 320 engine may be upgraded soon.
Just my personal comment with no back-up data. Let wait and see :thinking:

BMWSILVER;198372 said:
I agreed with fooman700 that if you have the time then wait for the C-class.

I have a strong feeling that the 320 engine may be upgraded soon.
Just my personal comment with no back-up data. Let wait and see :thinking:

Quite right! The engine on 320i coupe and convertible (not sold here as yet) has a power/torque of 170bhp/210nm, higher than current. Its a matter of time before they are fitted on the saloon. Question is would it be before e90 facelift (sometime in 08?) or earlier. Same for the 3L direct injection engines with 272bhp!

guys,

i have a strong feeling (may be wrong) that when the C is lauched, the E90 may receive the 4 pot 170bhp direct injection engine , to compete....or it could be at the mid-life cycle.

cheers,

chocholic;197764 said:
I have to negotiate with PML for 3 yrs foc maintenance as they arent giving it free at this point in time.

chocholic;198285 said:
some told me better to wait for the new C Class than get the E90...

Maybe if you tell PML you're ready to walk next door to C&C, they'll be a bit more willing to throw in the maintenance package?

Go with your heart... if you've always liked BMWs :cloud9: small problems are no problems.

well said...i always believe that in a sales competition, customer wins. hee hee

This is what I have read from the BMW Magazine for 320i coupe power/torque of 170bhp/210nm (4 potter). But still no news from BMW will this power plant get into E90 320. If yes, then what will happen to E90 323?

in 1st qtr sales of local marques, Merc beat BMW by about 50 cars. i think PML will not take it lying down and make a come back with attractive promo...time for some hard bargaining :)

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back