320i (e90) wear and tears replacement cost

leekokshiong

To all experience bro,

what are the wear and tears part you have replaced for a 5 years old 320i and what are they cost with labor? I hope to get these valuable information from you guys before i commit to this car. many thanks in advance.

Re: 320i (e90) wear and tears replacement cost

My car is about 5 yrs 2 months old, 67,000km. So far, I've only changed brake pads and rotors (back only pads), spark plugs, battery and air filther once. Nothing else major has been changed.

I go to R2D cos like one of the bros here said, I only trust Rod. He can give you a good assessment of the things you need to replace.

Mine is 3 yrs 2 months, I had the following replaced under warranty:-

1) Power Steering Pump
2) Water Pump
3) Valvetronic Motor or Solenoid (Or something like that)

Other than the above, nothing much to worry about.

Thanks bro! I heard of rumour saying that he paid 10k for replacing parts.. is that true?

leekokshiong;578996 said:
Thanks bro! I heard of rumour saying that he paid 10k for replacing parts.. is that true?

10K is usually the cost of replacing the whole gearbox plus the control unit I think. But may also be a whole lot of other parts. Buying cars also requires abit of luck, if U get a lemon, even if you ask 1 Million owners and all their same make and model is fine but U get a lemon also jialat.

I think by this time the E90 should be pretty stable with all the faults being rectified already.

My friend juz bought a 5years e90 milage abt 120km,total spend abt 2.7k for all the oil leakage and vale body for the gearbox...

Last servicing went to Rodney, many many things faulty (but all true lar), total damage around 2600. inclusive of some non-compulsory stuff but all in around 2600. Very reasonable. Below is a list of the items diagnosed and surgery performed that i can still remember.

Oil sump nut replacement
Front control arm bushing replacement
Rotors replacement
Spec 2 volker plugs replacement
Ignition upgrade
SR engine oil with additives
Rear bump stop replacement
Brake Vacuum pump leak
Pending gasket leak replacement (monitoring)
ATF change

its rather subjective depending on your style of driving but as a rule of thumb, you shouldn't be doing too much corrective maintenance if your car is serviced regularly

Noted with thanks BRO!!! Thank you for all the valuable advises...

leekokshiong;579295 said:
Noted with thanks BRO!!! Thank you for all the valuable advises...

when you're buying the 5 year+ BMW.
One thing to note - if the maintenance/replacements have been done.
Can be more important than the actual mileage.

Esp. near the 100km mark.
Sometimes getting one w/ higher mileage vs one with slightly lower mileage.
Get the one with higher mileage, if the necessary work has been done.

So what is the milleage that require a major servicing?

Jeffy;580141 said:
So what is the milleage that require a major servicing?

I heard it 90k to 100k for big servicing but don't know how true
any bro can enlighten us? Planing to get a 5yrs old e90 also

tsetse;579139 said:
10K is usually the cost of replacing the whole gearbox plus the control unit I think. QUOTE]

You kidding? Gearbox $10k?:huhhuh:

I just placed deposit ytd for my e90. Mileage 80+ km. Going down to BVO in half and hours time for them to check before confirmation. Hope everything is fine.

deioruomu;598499 said:
I just placed deposit ytd for my e90. Mileage 80+ km. Going down to BVO in half and hours time for them to check before confirmation. Hope everything is fine.

Congrats! Anyways no need to worry too much, mine had a few issues here and there, as long as U change the necessary fluids promptly, if possible earlier than recommended, the car should not give U much problems other than items with schedule for replacements.
But the ATF should be changed regularly instead of following the sealed for life advise. Mine gave way due to ATF not changed I guess.

Enjoy ur ride! :)

delrosa81;598514 said:
Congrats! Anyways no need to worry too much, mine had a few issues here and there, as long as U change the necessary fluids promptly, if possible earlier than recommended, the car should not give U much problems other than items with schedule for replacements.
But the ATF should be changed regularly instead of following the sealed for life advise. Mine gave way due to ATF not changed I guess.

Enjoy ur ride! :)

I can't help but notice the people in this forum are really friendly and welcoming.

I went for a pre-purchase evaluation of the car today. I have a leaking oil sump gasket, radiator and aged radiator pipings. Other than that nothing much. Any of you needed to change their radiator after 80k mileage? This car I'm getting is 88k mileage. All that I've read about the common issues that I'm having now is only the leaking oil sump.

Lucky the gearbox is fine.

Oil sump leakage is a common problem due to high heat.

deioruomu;598581 said:
I can't help but notice the people in this forum are really friendly and welcoming.

I went for a pre-purchase evaluation of the car today. I have a leaking oil sump gasket, radiator and aged radiator pipings. Other than that nothing much. Any of you needed to change their radiator after 80k mileage? This car I'm getting is 88k mileage. All that I've read about the common issues that I'm having now is only the leaking oil sump.

Lucky the gearbox is fine.

Ha ha glad U feel so. Leaking Oil sump gasket? Is the at the bottom of the engine??? If so I do not think this is very common, unless U r talking about the top part of the engine where the gasket is leaking, this is indeed a very common occurence, there is an unspoken interval to replace the gasket which Im not sure how much also.

As for the radiator and aged radiator pipings, mine is 88k mileage also, just replaced my radiator hoses in oct this year. It was leaking very slowly and I had to top up my radiator once every 2 to 3 months.

The issues U had pointed out are pretty minor issues, nothing a good external workshop can't take care of and not too much cash U need to fork out too. If the gearbox is fine and if you really want to enjoy your car, its recommended U do an ATF change, NOT flush hor, just a change will do. It will set U back approx. 500 to 700 bucks. This is due to the cost of the ATF and also the number of litres required.

You might also want to flush your air con gas piping system, while U r at it, replace the dryer and also the micro pollen filter.

Then I think U r good for the next 2 years at least.

Cheers and hope you get your ride soon and sorted out as well.

Ahbengdriver;587439 said:
tsetse;579139 said:
10K is usually the cost of replacing the whole gearbox plus the control unit I think. QUOTE]

You kidding? Gearbox $10k?:huhhuh:

No he isnt kidding, when PML replaced my gearbox also in OCT this year, the SA mentioned to me both the gearbox and mechatronics replacement inclusive of labour is close to 10K, if Im never remember wrongly, its approx high 8k or low 9k +++.

Scary man...

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back