330i or 320cic

330i or 320cic

• 320 cic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 330i

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

proscar

For about the same price for a used 2/02 330i saloon, vs 7/01 320cic (cab), and both car has about the same OMV and COE. Which would you go for? Both one owner, low mileage car.

Re: 330i or 320cic

I don't think there's replacement for displacement. I'd go for a 330i in a heart beat.

Voted for 320cic

Sedans are too common on the road, 330i is hardly ever even close to 70% utilised on SG roads (unless you go tracking or NS runs). Traffic lights are everywhere. Road tax is comparatively higher than 320cic.

320ci is still a 6 cyc, a bit of a pig but still offers you a sky option. Aesthetic options are the only way to go for this car. Good for comfy crusing on the highway without strain...as all 6 cycl BMWs are.

Depends what the comparison issue is on.

Sedan vs Cabrio

We're lookin at different qualities and attributes here.

For those who enjoy driving top down. Incidentally, I personally find that a 320 is sufficient to haul 4 adults around comfortably. Cos I dun push my car hard. Creamy n smooth enough for me.

The 330 would be tonnes of fun. If u enjoy that thrill of acceleration. But we're not talking abt a 330 cabrio here.

If tracking is the issue, then a 330 sedan. Hands down. Cabrio heavier. Or coupe oso good trackin fun.

Incidentally, what's the mileage cut off guide for 2nd hand cars?Cos personally i find cars with super low mileage a little dodgy. Any issue with it being underused? Engine problems? Singapore cars avg 25000km a year.

330.. the engine is silky smooth and the car is oodles of fun. also more rigid chasis and handling would be better... 320Ci posers car! Besides, with the weather you get in singapore, why would you want a convertible? too hot and humid and all that exhaust smoke... cough cough!

breytonhartge said:
330.. the engine is silky smooth and the car is oodles of fun. also more rigid chasis and handling would be better... 320Ci posers car! Besides, with the weather you get in singapore, why would you want a convertible? too hot and humid and all that exhaust smoke... cough cough!

kekeke... weather it can be "challenging" in our crummy climate but you do get good days of nice sun without the acrid smoke as well as cool post-rain days which are wonderful. Dropping the top at night is quite nice as well.

Agree 330 sedan is a fantastic car. But if you want lifestyle and a bit of wind-in-the-hair experience, cabrio is the way to go!

Dont agree that cab drivers are "posers".. hahaha.....

cheers!

SMYUEN said:
kekeke... weather it can be "challenging" in our crummy climate but you do get good days of nice sun without the acrid smoke as well as cool post-rain days which are wonderful. Dropping the top at night is quite nice as well.

Agree 330 sedan is a fantastic car. But if you want lifestyle and a bit of wind-in-the-hair experience, cabrio is the way to go!

Dont agree that cab drivers are "posers".. hahaha.....

cheers!

I correct my opinion... the 320Ci is a posers car, I think anyway... won't say the same for the M3 or teh 330Ci... hmmm even the diesel is a good one... not to mention all the alpina and schnitzer types.. hehe...

Of course if not constrained by budget, than I 330 cic or for the matter M3 cab would be nice. So with the budget that I am working on, and the available used car at the moment, the decision is between 320 cic or 330i saloon. Was planning to go ahead with the 320 cic until the 330i saloon came into the picture to complicate matters. Decisions, decisions.....difficult.

Thank you every one for the opinion. They are all very valid points, but still cannot decide, sigh.

Go with your heart and do let us know the decision.

Either way is not bad at all. But if you suddenly choose a merc, we will kick you where the sun doesn't shine. ;)

j/k...cheers!

My personal pick wld be the 330i coz I will nvr grumble abt lack of power. The extra 2 doors will come in handy and though not topless, at least I have a sunroof. In terms of resale or export potential, I must admit the cabrio will have an edge but I dun care.:)

330 of course. I did not get a soft top because I think after about 6 to 12 months the soft top will get a bit old. Try driving the cabriolet when it is very hot or when it is raining and then you will know if it poses a problem in terms of heat, visibility and noise. When the weather is perfect and you are driving with the top down, it is loads of fun. But Singapore weather and traffice being what it is...

Well in my opinion a coupe is just nice, if you are not a family person - yet.

I have absolutely no use for rear doors, and I love the shape of a coupe. A coupe is also essentialy for me compared to cabrio also because of the noise factor... want it to be ultra quiet for my music.

But the cabrio still really turns heads wherever it goes!

So if all 'underpowered' cabs and coupes ie. 320Ci are poser cars, I presume the underpowered 520s, 730s, E200s, S280s on the streets are all poser cars as well?

My view is whether a car is 'poser' or not draws heavily on the whether the driver is one.

I would go for the cab and coupe anyday, the lines of the car are sleeker.. of course I am saying this as I'm not a power biased person.

Just my humble opinion.

More power!! Plus the fact that the vert loses some structural rigidity, hence handling is not so appealing to me.

MRacer77 said:
More power!! Plus the fact that the vert loses some structural rigidity, hence handling is not so appealing to me.

U power freak.............

Different strokes for different folks. I would go for power over lifestyle any day, but that's just my opinion..

Interesting comments. Some thoughts though.

One, you gauge the choice of cars against your needs and taste, given a certain budget. If you require power, need the torque, love to race, go for displacement. Surely nothing beats the ease of pulling away from your peers on the road. But if you prefer a certain feel of lifestyle, say the typical bachelor weekend drive in the evenings, go for the cabrio. Presumably you are not a family man, unless this is your second car. It is your choice, not others' - match the model against your needs. Care less about the needs of other drivers.

Two, as for the contention of poser image, to each his own. If it is meant to be a lifestyle car, it carries a hint of poser to some. Same could be said to the 630cic, SLK, Cooper S cabrio, Bettle cabrio...... Nonetheless, I would reserve my comments on the cars, as well as the drivers. Their preferences, their choices. You are entitled to your perceptions and opinions, but reserving the comments to oneself would be a pragmatic approach.

Cheers

Just had a very close run with an Intergra Type R on AYE yesterday from a rolling start. If that is your idea of fun then the 330 is the car for you.

Like Kentonna said, depends on whether it is gonna be your second car. Not sure if u are gonna keep your 320 sedan or the Volvo T5. Either way, looks like the cic is the better complement coz surely u dun need a T5 and a 330i..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamej88food
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back