335 vs 325 vs Audi TT?

Re: 335 vs 325 vs Audi TT?

Ha I was in the exact same predicament as her at the beginning of this year. In the end I bought the 325ci from PML for peace of mind:) IMO the 335ci and 325ci drives about the same just that the 335ci has more power and mods. Proceed anyone?:nehnehhh:

Thanks guys for your advice. It was fun hearing your views, unfortunately, you guys are split 50-50! So I still don't know what to do!!! : )

OK, how about this, just between the Audi TT & the 325, which one?? They're in the same price category.

I used to drive the 320 (6 cylinder inline) which is the first car I regret selling. It was such a great car but getting old and problematic so no choice. The 325 coupe is a good drive, but husband says its a bit like driving our old car so not very exciting. Unfortunately, he's right.

The TT test drives well but it might just be one of those fun in the beginning partners who cannot stand up to the test and be a faithful loyal companion!

Soooo.... still no resolution.

centurion;289353 said:
dunno lah... 200K+ can buy a LOT of nice cars liao.

If I were her I go buy 2nd hand 911 C2 996.

Oooohhh... nice. I would like to confirm that it is true that chicks dig the porsche badge. :cloud9: However, this chick does not have the budget lah. Was waiting for a 1yr old cayman to turn up but nothing ever did.

Maybe an A5 instead of the S5? That could be an option if u can wait a bit.

Getting more and more models, confuse leh ! IMO, TT-S would be nice for her.

This TTS option is beginning to sound interesting ah... At least can say more powerful than my friends mah. Not same same. : ) Anybody has any idea when it's expected to hit our shores & the estimated price? If it's coming this year, then I'm definitely not getting the TT already lah. I guess the value of the TT drop when the TT-S comes on to the market right?

I need to go look into what the A5 and S5 are!

Well, read that she likes the 3-series coupe cuz its 2 doors and seats 4 comfortably, something the TT can't do. And since she had a bimmer before, she might want a different ride.

Another option is the A5/S5 from Audi, something that seats 4 comfortably and look at the interior!! It's amazingly built together, something the 3-series can't match! Price should be quite comparable to BMW, maybe even lesser.

seriously,u wun get a answer here cos only u urself is able to answer the question.kekeke

Yapster said:
Bro Kenn, if u buy from PI does it mean u can specify the exact spec u want? Like bigger engine but no idrive etc?
To a certain extent, yes. But many features on the 335 are highline version, hence only idrive, exterior/interior, trims, and perhaps comfort access are your options.

gohty said:
IMO the 335ci and 325ci drives about the same just that the 335ci has more power and mods. Proceed anyone?
The power from the 335 is the SINGLE BIGGEST COMPELLING reason for the buy.

Azrielsc said:
Well, read that she likes the 3-series coupe cuz its 2 doors and seats 4 comfortably, something the TT can't do. And since she had a bimmer before, she might want a different ride.

Another option is the A5/S5 from Audi, something that seats 4 comfortably and look at the interior!! It's amazingly built together, something the 3-series can't match! Price should be quite comparable to BMW, maybe even lesser.
+1.S5 or A5 will be a good bet against the 335.

TT will suffer a worse-off secondary market value. Flame me.

Looks dun last...after a few years, facelifted models will definitely look fresher.

however, power is forever. tio bo?

lately ppl always compare audi with bmw. no one hew Mercedes anymore? CLK280 should be in that price range too.

As long as you dont get a black 335 you are safe. Black 335s are for chao ah bengs. I heard E92 might be used by Comfort Taxis soon.

get the Audi TT. Yr hubby will not say its like yr previous 320i right? mai tu liao. Even for Audi, try not to get Black hor. Global warming these days, black absorbs heat.

if is a car for yourself, I think the TT will be fun to drive to work or night out. my votes go for TT-S.

lets be realistic...TT-S would probably cost 230K......we are talking about 190k budget here.

yah yah! don't have $230k. Plus... I'm a little scarred by my current non-beamer drive. Cannot deal with another disappointment if the audi also turns out to be a dud!

SO... the options are 325 coupe from PML ORRRRR....335 from PI. Hmmm... Hmmm.... Looks fade but Power lasts forever.. Hahahaha.... That's a good one!

Do you guys think prices will be more negotiable after CNY?

U cant get a 335 at 190k from PI, I think its about $210 to $220k le. PML had raised their price for E92 335 to $250k:screwedu: . The PIs know there is demand in the market. opps...got PI on this forum:shhhh:

if u want to "beat" ur friend's audi TT..... u know which car to buy.....

can u bear to let him/her overtake you and lose the bragging rights?

You hit the nail on the head man, the main reason stopping me from buying the 325 is the fact that at traffic light ah, cannot cheong faster than the TT. How can right?

Ahbengdriver;289641 said:
U cant get a 335 at 190k from PI, I think its about $210 to $220k le. PML had raised their price for E92 335 to $250k:screwedu: . The PIs know there is demand in the market. opps...got PI on this forum:shhhh:

Hi Beng, Been quoted less than $210k but maybe this figure will go up when I put pen to paper. :confused:

Are you serious about not buying black colour har? I'm quite keen on black leh.

Why do you feel so insecure as to want to drive a faster car than your fren?

Why not just get the TT, and with the savings over the TT-S (read: titties), kit it up to look different/more chio than her TT?

If the reason is just to beat the TT, just get an evo, right Axl?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gk88today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back