335i coupe advice & comments

Re: 335i coupe advice & comments

Iirc 245 front will rub no?

Carcinogenic said:
Iirc 245 front will rub no?

Uncle, front no fender, no rub. No need to roll too.

Dun call me uncle hor

kenntona;886577 said:
Widths should be 9 F 10 R

Was in Breyton website and seems like their 19" comes in 8.5 and 9.5 only ...

or is there any previous rims/wheels you have used on such offset ? or Spacers is required ?

SUPAN said:
Was in Breyton website and seems like their 19" comes in 8.5 and 9.5 only ...

or is there any previous rims/wheels you have used on such offset ? or Spacers is required ?

8.5 / 9.5 is fine too.

And the widths have nothing to do with offsets.

Assuming two sets (9/10 and 8.5/9.5) are installed on your cars and both are fender-flushed, it simply means that the 8.5/9.5 set looks more "sunk-in" in the centre, or otherwise known as "more aggressive offset."

10 allows for 275 comfortably.

9.5 can take Michelin's and Conti's tyres on 275, but undersized for Jap tyres like Bridgestone.

kenntona;886640 said:
8.5 / 9.5 is fine too.

Assuming two sets (9/10 and 8.5/9.5) are installed on your cars and both are fender-flushed, it simply means that the 8.5/9.5 set looks more "sunk-in" in the centre, or otherwise known as "more aggressive offset."

9.5 can take Michelin's and Conti's tyres on 275, but undersized for Jap tyres like Bridgestone.

You are a superstar!!!!
I am a noob!

:)

Ken is 335 guru, Jin say one.

C3P0;886671 said:
Ken is 335 guru, Jin say one.

Mmmhh .. who is 335 monster then ?

kenntona;886640 said:
8.5 / 9.5 is fine too.

Thanks for the fish but teach a man how to fish is better ?

So in future in case i change ride ... how do i determine what is best for the wheels or rims ? Where can i find this information ?

Case by case, example AWD vs RWD, the configurations will be different.

Widths, offsets, tyre sizes are all peculiar to marques. And even within same marque same model, there will be variations of widths, offsets and tyre sizes.

SUPAN;886929 said:
Thanks for the fish but teach a man how to fish is better ?

So in future in case i change ride ... how do i determine what is best for the wheels or rims ? Where can i find this information ?

First, find the design u like.

Then see offsets are ok for your car. You can ask here.

Width are around there (8.5/9.5 or 8/9), won't deviate much unless u go for wider rims.

Then u get matching tyres. Ur existing Tyres may or may not fit ur new rims. The rims or tyre shops should know. If not can ask here again.

regarding offset C3PO knows best

S2k;886986 said:
regarding offset C3PO knows best

You da bro.

Went to a couple of shops and viewed the rims ..

No offence to the advertisers but prefer a public opinion if forged rims are better since it is well known that forged rims are better than casted ...

Saw a glossy black prodrive forged 19 rims at each 1000 /- ouch!! so with tires would set me back at 6-7k ..
Incase if casted rims it would be much cheaper with same tires say 4-5k

Wonder if worth going for it ... since on Japanese rides, advanti imo is not reliable .... I do not dare to use such on my present ride ....
have no experience with casted wheel on conti rides especially on turbos ...

Any seniors can guide (if sensentive pls pm) on good forged rims ...

Any seniors can also guide what is a good place to sell our stock 313 rims or high trade in place ? (pls pm)

Views from Senior kennota / CPO / AC / JIN is deeply appreciated for consideration since you guys are the FAST and FURIOUS !!!

This would help me to focus on a certain type of rims and prevent remod process .. since planning for 3-4 years of driving on this ride ...

Last edited by a moderator:

SUPAN;887703 said:
Went to a couple of shops and viewed the rims ..

No offence to the advertisers but prefer a public opinion if forged rims are better since it is well known that forged rims are better than casted ...

Saw a glossy black prodrive forged 19 rims at each 1000 /- ouch!! so with tires would set me back at 6-7k ..
Incase if casted rims it would be much cheaper with same tires say 4-5k

Wonder if worth going for it ... since on Japanese rides, advanti imo is not reliable .... I do not dare to use such on my present ride ....
have no experience with casted wheel on conti rides especially on turbos ...

Any seniors can guide (if sensentive pls pm) on good forged rims ...

Any seniors can also guide what is a good place to sell our stock 313 rims or high trade in place ? (pls pm)

Views from Senior kennota / CPO / AC / JIN is deeply appreciated for consideration since you guys are the FAST and FURIOUS !!!

This would help me to focus on a certain type of rims and prevent remod process .. since planning for 3-4 years of driving on this ride ...

i will go with forged rims.........................
313 rims should be easy to sell it here.................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Forged is preferred, but there is something just as good.

Flow forming cast.

While forging presses a solid billet of aluminum between the forging dies under an extreme amount of pressure to create a dense, strong and light product, flow forming cast spins the initial casting, heats the outer portion of the casting and then uses steel rollers pressed against the rim area to pull the rim to its final width and shape. The combination of the heat, pressure and spinning create a rim area with the strength similar to a forged wheel without the high cost of the forging.

Examples are BBS (CH, CH-R), and Advan (RS)......

I am using Volks Racing forged rims. Which is a Japanese brand, but Ken says it's sart sart brand so I'm a happy bird.
btw who is CPO?

C3P0;887780 said:
I am using Volks Racing forged rims. Which is a Japanese brand, but Ken says it's sart sart brand so I'm a happy bird.
btw who is CPO?

Senior ...

Pai seh ... hiding behind company desktop typing and shifting between screens so typo a bit off ... dun be angry lah ...

C3P0 said:
btw who is CPO?

Volk your kar chng

Seniors,

BBS CHR - got a quote of S$ 1070 per piece which is tick a bit higher than forged prodrive rims, which is this possible that flow forming cast is more expensive ?

Or LS prodrive is not forged ?

Time to go DPE to steal a peek ...

Which shops is distributor for Advan RS or advan rims ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nbetbest

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back