335i coupe advice & comments

Re: 335i coupe advice & comments

Tuas side n was lost...

ac323;867375 said:
where you going? Perak?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

SUPAN said:
Go rim shop tell them ie Brembo GT they will agar ..... then at workshop they say present M 19" sports rims cannot ... ask what offset or dimension, they not sure ...

Any senior on E92 Brembo GT can guide me their rims sizes ?

SUPAN said:
I heard from Boss motor get the 380 mm better then the smaller rotors

ac323 said:
oh i see, 380mm ( not all 19ins rims can clear )

Not the issue with 19"s.

Not the issue with 380mm rotors too.

19" wheels can clear the 380s, it is the curvature of the spokes that is in question against the calipers. Some wheels are just not BBK friendly.

Seniors whom are on brembo gt n Alcons pls...

Like your advise on the following points

1. Brake bias
2. Rims brand n model
3. Fuel consumption
4. Costs of m performance brakes n above points

I m on m sports rims on n92 n55 ... As the brakes ratio on this stock brakes cannot make it n I dun like to remod by changing pads or ssbh or rotors do decide to invest on a bbk.

Understand brembo gt comes in different rotor sizes n would like to hear from modders whom has the 380 mm rotors if current bigger rotors serves your braking needs? Also to those seniors whom are on smaller rotors if comments on the usual rotor size.
Appreciate your guide too on your brand n size of rims in order I could work out a costing for this combo mod.

Seniors on Alcons pls comments on your braking experience on subject bbk pls

Reason why I am comparing is Alcon rotors offered for front n back is not as wide compared to brembos...

SUPAN;869408 said:

1. Brake bias
2. Rims brand n model
3. Fuel consumption

I m on m sports rims on n92 n55 ... As the brakes ratio on this stock brakes cannot make it n I dun like to remod by changing pads or ssbh or rotors do decide to invest on a bbk.

Understand brembo gt comes in different rotor sizes n would like to hear from modders whom has the 380 mm rotors if current bigger rotors serves your braking needs? Also to those seniors whom are on smaller rotors if comments on the usual rotor size.
Appreciate your guide too on your brand n size of rims in order I could work out a costing for this combo mod.

Reason why I am comparing is Alcon rotors offered for front n back is not as wide compared to brembos...

do you meant E92???

* don't drive so fast..........( use engine brake, like C3PO )
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

SUPAN;869408 said:

1. Brake bias
2. Rims brand n model
3. Fuel consumption

Are you sure? Most ppl change BBK because need to track or for look.

Tot cannot use engine brakes on our rides as per manual ?

ac323;869409 said:
do you meant E92???

* don't drive so fast..........( use engine brake, like C3PO )
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

When going on middle speed say 140 - 160 then u hv to brake, the back would swing out...

davidtch;869420 said:
Are you sure? Most ppl change BBK because need to track or for look.

SUPAN;869448 said:
When going on middle speed say 140 - 160 then u hv to brake, the back would swing out...
To me, that sound like a tyre issue rather than brake issue. It seems like tyre not biting the ground.

dude, stock brakes are sufficient for street driving, even aggressive street driving.

and you will not have to worry about brake bias - "back swinging out when braking at 140-160kmh". BMW stock brakes have been calibrated and modulated for brake bias. That's why the fronts are bigger than the back. that's the minimum prerequisite for passing the stringent road safety tests (like NCAP, which is the global standard).

otherwise you would have heard of accidents happening, especially in countries with higher speed limits like Germany. have you heard any news of accidents involving BMWs (or any modern stock car for that matter) caused by the car flipping horizontally front-to-back under braking?

the issue of brake bias only comes into play if one changes only the front or only the rear brakes, but even then it would happen under extreme circumstances.

the more likely (and pertinent) reasons for changing to BBKs is vanity (hiao / backside itchy), and prevention of brake fade at the track (which will not happen under normal driving conditions (unless you drive downhill a lot).

one last work of advice. to understand how brakes work, go read Technical White Papers

SUPAN;869448 said:

Bro or other seniors here...have you heard of ARMA brake kits? They actually look quite SART and think it was featured on a uk mag on BMW..lemme upload a pix I found on it.

Any seniors know or heard before?

View attachment 40088

Senior,

Just got kerb rash on one my m sports stock rims n considering to change my rims... Any recommendations for good rims ?

Anyone knows if any difference on stock rims weight ?

If not much difference, where can do repair on kerb rash n respray ?

SUPAN;876213 said:
Senior,

Just got kerb rash on one my m sports stock rims n considering to change my rims... Any recommendations for good rims ?

Anyone knows if any difference on stock rims weight ?

If not much difference, where can do repair on kerb rash n respray ?

that reminded us of Jon the Footballer............
go touch-up, why wanna waste $ on a new set of rims??? or pay Top93 a visit...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Jon the footballer contact details for repair kerb rash n spray please ?

Arma is from Taiwan.

They've not been in the market for long, and have been aggressively promoting their supercharger kits. Stay away from the charger as one of the forummers here had a very bad experience. Let me explain...

They do not any rep here so they sent their tech from Taiwan here during the installation and testing phase (btw this was paid by the client too). As all modders will know, mechanical modifications seldom work smoothly immediately after installation, and will require tuning and adjustments. The Arma tech could only stay for a few days, but he should've stayed longer - supercharger installations are complex jobs. Plus Arma did not have the experience of how their kits would work in tropical climates. Needles to stay, the SC went 'boom' after a short while, causing extensive damage to the engine. Could've been worse - imagine it blowing up during a NSH trip...

Look for a reliable brand with local representation. So if you face any issues, at least you will be able to rectify the problems without too much hassle.

Respraying rims cost around $200-300.

Changing your rims will cost anything between $1.5k to "depends on how deep your pockets are", excluding the cost of tyres.

If money is burning a hole in your pocket, I suggest you invest in the Jinooi entertainment fund. Guaranteed returns on investment! I have a set of rims for sale, let me know if you are interested.

The lighter the rim, the more expensive it will be.

For rim refurbishment, go to any of the site sponsors for bodywork. They will be able to do a good job.

Have fun!

Hallo old birds and seniors ...

Newbie latest doubts which like your help and clarifications ...

I am on stock M Sports ....

I have no clue if the stock rims are staggered or not but when i got from dealer, the tyres are like this :

225/35/19
255/30/19

So how do i determine if my stock M sport rims is staggered ? If above configuration is good for aggressive driving ?
If to change rims bss maintainning 19, what sort of staggered numbers i should go for my front and back on RIMS and on tires separately.

Or should i just stick to the stock rims but change configuration of the tyres ?

Or any place i can read up more information on staggered rims/tyres ... pls post/attached.

Kam xia!

SUPAN said:
So how do i determine if my stock M sport rims is staggered ? If above configuration is good for aggressive driving ?
If to change rims bss maintainning 19, what sort of staggered numbers i should go for my front and back on RIMS and on tires separately.

Or should i just stick to the stock rims but change configuration of the tyres ?

Or any place i can read up more information on staggered rims/tyres ... pls post/attached.

Kam xia!

Not sure what model/size is your stock wheels, but assuming style 313, your wheels' width is 19x8, 19x9 staggered.

Aggressive? Go 19x9, 19x10 on 245/275.

Stock width too narrow for 245/275.

kenntona;886503 said:
Not sure what model/size is your stock wheels, but assuming style 313, your wheels' width is 19x8, 19x9 staggered.

Aggressive? Go 19x9, 19x10 on 245/275.

Stock width too narrow for 245/275.

Senior, you are dead right ... Stock is on 19 - 313 rims ...

I will look for 245 / 275 tires ?
then i have to look for rims bss 9/10 offset ?

Thank for your guide ... time to change rims ....

:)

SUPAN said:
Senior, you are dead right ... Stock is on 19 - 313 rims ...

I will look for 245 / 275 tires ?
then i have to look for rims bss 9/10 offset ?

Thank for your guide ... time to change rims ....

:)

Widths should be 9 F 10 R

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downloadvn24h
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back