335i coupe advice & comments

Re: 335i coupe advice & comments

SUPAN;900754 said:
If you tried both cars ... On winding road behind nus... Audi would have better fun with the 4 wheel drive n engine notes... But I like the steering of BMW that's y I chose BMW ...

I m having fun on mount Faber with traction off...

Were u fast on Mt Faber?

I mean driving fast.

C3P0;900810 said:
Were u fast on Mt Faber?

I mean driving fast.

Hort Park???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

SUPAN;900754 said:
If you tried both cars ... winding road behind nus... Audi would have better fun with the 4 wheel drive n engine notes... But I like the steering of BMW that's y I chose BMW ...

Coming from Audi Quattro..... I beg to differ. BMW rules in terms of fun and handling..... Just my personal opinion ;)

Nightwind;900474 said:
hi there have u also taken a peek at the Audi Rs5? its a close competitor of the m3.....

tried both RS5 and M3.. RS5 is a lesser car.. the quality of cabin not fantastic either.. used to own an audi S4, the interior quality of a RS not much better.. fun and sound, M3 rulez..

C3P0;900810 said:
Were u fast on Mt Faber?

I mean driving fast.

Senior robot ... As fast as the speed limits... Up hill is better than down hill...

masschaoz;900915 said:
tried both RS5 and M3.. RS5 is a lesser car.. the quality of cabin not fantastic either.. used to own an audi S4, the interior quality of a RS not much better.. fun and sound, M3 rulez..

I took a peek in the Rs5 cabin and it seemed nicer? The overall e92 M3 cabin is spartan and driver focused by comparison?

In terms of ride and handling its plain that M3 will handle better. It outperformed the Rs5 on the Top-Gear test track even though the Rs5 had a little more BHP....the M3 simply took the corners and handled better...this is why its "The Ultimate Driving Machine"..:)

Nightwind;901164 said:
I took a peek in the Rs5 cabin and it seemed nicer? The overall e92 M3 cabin is spartan and driver focused by comparison?

In terms of ride and handling its plain that M3 will handle better. It outperformed the Rs5 on the Top-Gear test track even though the Rs5 had a little more BHP....the M3 simply took the corners and handled better...this is why its "The Ultimate Driving Machine"..:)

Btw idrive and MMI, the Idrive interface is nicer.. Audi cabin is simply more buttons.. E92 M3 cabin looks plainer but its equally functional..

SUPAN;900754 said:
If you tried both cars ... On winding road behind nus... Audi would have better fun with the 4 wheel drive n engine notes... But I like the steering of BMW that's y I chose BMW ...

Sorry bro its an age old debate, and IMHO on singapore roads a rear wheel drive fifty fifty weight distribution rules over an AWD or Quttro. The proof is in the pudding in the Top Gear test drive where the M3 marginally bettered the track time over the Rs5 even though the later had slightly more BHP.

The M3 simply took to the bends and corners and handled better...i supposse puting additional power to the front wheels actually adds no benefit under test track conditions.

Of coz if you put both cars on a Rally Car circuit either on a dirt track, or on snow laden ground, the Rs5 would perform better as it was built with the Qutro for that driving condition.

But if you are driving in a normal road, or sepang track, the M3 wins.

C3P0;900652 said:
If I have money I sure buy RS5 for its exterior and interior looks.
Don't know about its handling but at least looks classy.

But for now, e92 is more suitable for young people like me and jinooi.

Hello C3P0 i agree with you on 1st statement.

But sorry bro i cant agree with your implication that Rs5 is reserved for old Uncles and Aunties...LOL...i think we reserve that "honour" for Mercedes especially the E200 sedans...lol

Nightwind;901175 said:
Hello C3P0 i agree with you on 1st statement.

But sorry bro i cant agree with your implication that Rs5 is reserved for old Uncles and Aunties...LOL...i think we reserve that "honour" for Mercedes especially the E200 sedans...lol

is there a RS5 coupe version? E92 is coupe......

* last week i just saw an Uncle driving a 335i along ECP................SART
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;901180 said:
is there a RS5 coupe version? E92 is coupe......

* last week i just saw an Uncle driving a 335i along ECP................SART
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Rs5 is a coupe...like the e92 it is a 2x2 coupe and the engine config is similar to "entry level" R8...i.e. 4.2L 450bhp for the Rs5 versus 4.2L 420bhp for R8

The main aesthetic weakness of the e92 IMHO is that the rear is so ugly...and before I get flamed let me say that I am a current e92 owner...i am sorry folks but the rear end of our e92 still looks like a "work in progress" by BMW...:(

Nightwind;901173 said:
Sorry bro its an age old debate, and IMHO on singapore roads a rear wheel drive fifty fifty weight distribution rules over an AWD or Quttro. The proof is in the pudding in the Top Gear test drive where the M3 marginally bettered the track time over the Rs5 even though the later had slightly more BHP.

The M3 simply took to the bends and corners and handled better...i supposse puting additional power to the front wheels actually adds no benefit under test track conditions.

Of coz if you put both cars on a Rally Car circuit either on a dirt track, or on snow laden ground, the Rs5 would perform better as it was built with the Qutro for that driving condition.

But if you are driving in a normal road, or sepang track, the M3 wins.

Dunno was it Fifth Gear or some other program... but they pit the 335i vs the S5 as well. Think 335i was down by about 40-50 bhp... but still manage to beat the S5 on the track.

Not putting down the Audis... coz I owned one before this BMW. It is a lovely car and have great power delivery. Just different strokes for different folks...

Seriously, driving the BMWs around windy bends and corners.. you feel the stability and confidence.... puts a smile on your face. :)

Nightwind;901185 said:
Rs5 is a coupe...like the e92 it is a 2x2 coupe and the engine config is similar to "entry level" R8...i.e. 4.2L 450bhp for the Rs5 versus 4.2L 420bhp for R8

The main aesthetic weakness of the e92 IMHO is that the rear is so ugly...and before I get flamed let me say that I am a current e92 owner...i am sorry folks but the rear end of our e92 still looks like a "work in progress" by BMW...:(

ok noted, am not a fan of Ordi thus never really look at their Series....
thanks for the info.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Senior any one on nashin bbk ? Any feedback for 335 I ?

SUPAN;901447 said:
Senior any one on nashin bbk ? Any feedback for 335 I ?

Taiwan???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

SUPAN;900462 said:
Seniors, just curious... Pls guide... I m on Csc 5 ... F n r.
Want to change rear only... Can just change the rear to pss? Will the grip be compromised? F still have like 75 pct... Or better to change all n sell the front ?

Just change the rear.
fyi PSS thread wear rated at 300.

335i coupe advice & comments

topless 8398;901501 said:
Just change the rear.
fyi PSS thread wear rated at 300.

Were you on CSC5 before? Any difference?

pReTeNd3r;901514 said:
Were you on CSC5 before? Any difference?

No so cant tell u any diff.
CSC5 threadwear 280 so quite close to PSS,advise him to use PSS for rear cos i know nobody will buy his tyres..no offence.
My favourite still RE-11>PSS in dry.
Pro for PSS is lighter in weight,going to do 5 days spa treatment for my PSS using VP Racing-VP Bite tyre softener for coming PG nite sprint.
Its on 27 Oct,anyone?

Sorry guys its not a challegne:p
335 bros can play with same model,320i are welcome too.
Me going try my friend's Evo & wrx so car must set up swee swee like +0.5 to -0.5 degree camber and minimal wheelspin.
RM 10 only,very cheap.

Your mods dammed power leh ... track car or street car + track ?
M3 ?

surprisingly got pple want the rear! but no want front ... :p

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
typhu88bid

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back