• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

5 series servicing

Re: 5 series servicing

On average abt $250-$350 at PML..
Maybe some bros can advise the costs at external workshops like BVO??

Thank you ChuanWei, I heard from many of my friends that the servicing is starting from $500 at least. That's why i've hesitating weather should i getting the BM or normal Japaness will do.

As you mention the adverage servicing within the warranty by PML is around $250 to $300. That's not too bad.:) I've ever seen the Volkswagan servising bills like $700 and abv. Wow! that's killing. So, you are driving a E60 520? I did research seem like the OMV is much higher then a523. May i know why? :confused:

Planing to view a few cars today. Any commance? Of course, my dream car is BM. i am also be looking at GS300 Lexus or XC90. Not many car for my selection these day from what i like. :(

Depends if it is BMW Inspection Service or BMW Oil Change.

For oil change, it usually includes change of synthetic oil, oil filter, s plugs and water fluid checks and price averages $250-350.

For Inspection service, it includes alot more checks on the wear and tear items including brake disc, pads, a/c microfilter and other parts that may warrant replacement due to the age or mileage. I think there is a std package which could cost $700-800 IF you dont need to replace anything. But if you need to replace say brake disc, or pads - which CSA will tell you - for your own safety. Am sure you will OK it, then the bill will exceed the package.

maintenance cost for an E60 is not high..just make sure dont listen to whatever crap ur csa has to say..

500? no way.....oil change is pretty normal stuff....and there is no need to go pml.....

PML suck ass...especially alexandra branch...all the csa should just die

Terry;150097 said:
PML suck ass...especially alexandra branch...all the csa should just die

Yes i agree with you, they are f*** up esp alexandra branch and esp Senior csa named Tan. Just a warning if any bros here met him.

tan..? is it k c tan? you kidding me right...

he's...the...one...i...go...to.................................OH NO.

one of my friend actually works as a mechanic in PML... he told me alexandra branch..they actually set a timer on how long u have to do on one car...so all of it is a rush job... sometimes their job sucks big time.. and their car wash scratches ur goddamn car...:evil:

Yes, I totally agree that at Alexandra, the specky csa Tan doesnt know about faulty car! Problem I faced was on my E60 when travelling there is rolling noise, he advised that the tyres is the fault and I haved it changed. But the noise is still around and thanks god my friend refer me to Kampong Aran (hope correct spelling) the incharge found out is the bearing which is the fault. I also agree that at Alexandra after car wash, a lot of fine lines found.

kurqa;150176 said:
tan..? is it k c tan? you kidding me right...

he's...the...one...i...go...to.................................OH NO.

I can't remember which tan already. He's short and thin and about 40s. He just push everything u ask him to do and talk rubbish. I've already been waiting for him a month already for his parts to arrive which he say takes only two weeks.

Good Luck!

that's HIM!! thanks to you guys now i know what to do next time round

tansiong;150404 said:
I can't remember which tan already. He's short and thin and about 40s. He just push everything u ask him to do and talk rubbish. I've already been waiting for him a month already for his parts to arrive which he say takes only two weeks.

Good Luck!

Hi there Tansiong, isn't your car like brand new?? What parts you waiting for? Was there something faulty or do they just owe you accessories? Can share your experience? Thanks a lot.

which tan? i'll go to PML and say got problems in my car... but just F*** him upside down for fun.. :evil:

Sting;150419 said:
Hi there Tansiong, isn't your car like brand new?? What parts you waiting for? Was there something faulty or do they just owe you accessories? Can share your experience? Thanks a lot.

Yes my car is brand new and i went back one week after collecting my car because my rear axle got problem that create a very irritating sound. Then he ask me to leave my car there and two days later he call and tell me pml got no parts and asked me to wait for about two weeks for the parts to arrive and he will keep me update about it and he start to blame my ICE problem that create the problem and i F him on the spot and tell him what has it got to do with the ICE. Then i wait for about one month and yet to receive his call and i keep on chasing my SE also. And i call back today and confirm its SENIOR CSA KC TAN.

What a nightmare? I am truly sorry to hear this. But thanks for sharing so we will yet have another experience to learn from.......no parts!, even worse they don't keep you updated!, Keep you waiting and guessing..........ICE affect wheel axle??? What rubbish!! I hope they will resolve it soon bro.

tansiong;150631 said:
Yes my car is brand new and i went back one week after collecting my car because my rear axle got problem that create a very irritating sound. Then he ask me to leave my car there and two days later he call and tell me pml got no parts and asked me to wait for about two weeks for the parts to arrive and he will keep me update about it and he start to blame my ICE problem that create the problem and i F him on the spot and tell him what has it got to do with the ICE. Then i wait for about one month and yet to receive his call and i keep on chasing my SE also. And i call back today and confirm its SENIOR CSA KC TAN.

Like the old sayings go: ' the squeaky ones get the oil"
for a starter when all else failed you have to go down and bang table with some of these guys! if no response get the next level and up. Tell them you want to speak to Simon Rocks about their shitty service! Your parts will arrive next day! Guarranteed!

Works for me all these while and i don't have to yell at them these days! All nicely taken care of throughout the 3 years i have with the e60...

I believe in building relationship with CSA.. you take care of them they will do vice versa and amazingly sometimes they bend over backwards for you. There are certain CSAs you will want to avoid at all time at Alexandra. I have recommended my CSA to a few bimmer friends and all of them told he is the best!

dear all, my friend's 5.23 is now 9k in milage, he has not gone for a single service yet, he told me he only top up once since day 1 he got his car, he insist this is normal for BMW. is he right?

Thank you for your feedback. I think i've got good solution. Anyway, will look for pre-owned car. Hope you join you guys on the next meet up. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ok9wcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back