7 May trackday photo sale. And regular photographer for trackdays

Shaun

Trusted Sponsor
Hey guys, a while ago I saw some photos that Fai Ming had taken at one of our trackdays and was impressed by their quality and the fact that he was hardworking enough to hike to different locations out by the track on foot (some of them very far from the pits).

I wanted to buy some photos from him back then but the price was a little high for me and others and because he is not a site sponsor, a few discouraged him from making money that way off the trackday. Still, his firm belief in the quality of his work and willingness to discuss alternate options is admirable.

I could not forget the photos, so at the recent May 7th trackday I decided to take a little risk and hire Fai Ming for the day, committing to pay him a fixed sum out of my own pocket in order to add value to the track time that some of my clients had that day.

I seek to recover as much of what I paid him to come with me to the trackday. If I turn a profit, better still. Also, I do not intend to devalue his work by giving it out for free. This is why I am selling his photos at his suggested price.

He took photos of just about every car at the trackday. Below are some samples in low resolution. I am also posting some high resolution (still just 40% of full res) photos that I already paid for myself, with their corresponding low resolution versions to show that only high res does his work justice. If you would like to buy photos of your car, do let me know, else the photos will go to waste. Price by PM.

If I am able to cover costs to make it viable to have Fai Ming come up more often, I will, especially in situations of back to back trackdays. If everyone likes his work and the club officially wants to pay him to do the same every other trackday or so, then that's between the club and him.

Cheers

No offence intended to other photographers on the forum.

Link to download all low res previews here: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Last edited by a moderator:
Example

Low res (number plate shows in actual photo):
o6ZkK.jpg

40% resolution (number plate shows in actual photo):
uFmQh.jpg

Re: 7 May trackday photo sale. And regular photographer for trackdays

Low res:
eR9Tw.jpg

40% res:
xMmBv.jpg

Low res:
whHIP.jpg

40% res:
5kkz2.jpg

Low res:
XPTTu.jpg

40% res:
YcSOw.jpg

TcgYO.jpg

nice shot of my 335 and my friends! Thank you. You made my day:)

DAzza

nice photos - good initiative.

would be great to have an "official" bmw-sg photographer that is covered by our track fees.

everyone always looks foward to pics after our track days.

btw, does the zip file contain all the day's photo's or just a sample?

Mate, I think its superb! If I can have an idea for the cost I would be happy to look at using him for an SMF outing at the track!

dazza;640812 said:
nice shot of my 335 and my friends! Thank you. You made my day:)

DAzza

Cool, if you want the full resolution shot with your number plate showing, PM me your email address.

kuvesh;640841 said:
nice photos - good initiative.

would be great to have an "official" bmw-sg photographer that is covered by our track fees.

everyone always looks foward to pics after our track days.

btw, does the zip file contain all the day's photo's or just a sample?

The zip contains all the photos he took at the trackday. If there are a few cars missing this time, sorry.

One challenge with having a regular photographer is that people only want photos of their car only if they don't already have quality photos of it. If a guy gets 10 good photos of say his M3, the next 10 photos at the following trackday don't mean much to him because they're still photos of the same car, in the same track environment, doing essentially the same thing.

In general people only want photos again when they change cars or do something very different to the exterior of their car.

harold996tt;640867 said:
Mate, I think its superb! If I can have an idea for the cost I would be happy to look at using him for an SMF outing at the track!

Sure man, talk to you soon. The SMFers can easily afford him. I'm sure he'd like that too because he can focus heavily on just a few cars which frees up time for him to get to more interesting spots on the track instead of all the usual places.

Great pics Shuan / Fai Ming -- sign me up !

This one you can sell to Munich too 8)

View attachment 30698

man that guy in balaclava posed like some breakdancing....Ron will steam now..

Thanks Shaun for the initiatives.

Arthur, haha nice :D

====

Jack, here's a photo for you and toto to steam over..

XUKDy.jpg

wah...u were steamed lah i know

hv u met his younger bro?

maka_karl_1.jpg

Shaun;641541 said:
Arthur, haha nice :D

====

Jack, here's a photo for you and toto to steam over..

XUKDy.jpg

bwahahahaha. who the heck took that pic??!!! Think I had something up my ass.

harold996tt;641649 said:
bwahahahaha. who the heck took that pic??!!! Think I had something up my ass.

Fai Ming with a long lens hehe

Just got 2 messages today asking where the rest of the preview pics are.

Since it was not clear in the first post, here is the link again. MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Download the zip file and unzip it. There are around 230 low res photo previews in it. Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
888bjnet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back