740 - long wheel base or not?

Jacky

hi guys

i need some advice.

PML have both ex-stock of 740L and 740. The former is the long wheel base.
338K vs 318k.

Personally i am the main driver and i dun chauffeur ppl around that much and i prefer the short wheel base. However, the 740 does not come with Dynamic Drive and Integral Active Steering. And in the next 2 years, when i want to sell away the car, i think Long Wheel base is easier to sell.

so i am in a little dilemma here.

What will you do? get the long wheel base?

Re: 740 - long wheel base or not?

What is the OMV difference? If like the S class, both the SWB and LWB only sits 2 at the back, then I think that the LWB represents poor value over the the SWB. Besides you don't want to be mistaken for a chauffer - he he!

I think you mistook for the LS460. i think all S class by cnc is LWB and 5 seater.

btw 07 is new facelift right? if so i am sure you can get higher, try consignment with small time dealer. PML trade in is always poor.

Yah agreed - was very pissed off when I tried to trade in my less than yr old E60 with PML. PM me Jacky, if you need help with consignment sale. Can pass you few contacts.

dealer price for aug 07 s350 is abt 230 if sell above 205-210, you will sell wlthin a week. 06 cars going for 190+. PML or i belive it shd be the dealer possibly benzworld is trying their luck

go for the LWB

Markus;410912 said:
What is the OMV difference? If like the S class, both the SWB and LWB only sits 2 at the back, then I think that the LWB represents poor value over the the SWB. Besides you don't want to be mistaken for a chauffer - he he!

on the contrary most will buy the LWB so resale ie speed of selling is better, but difference in price will be close to new car buying price diff.

Having owned a E38/E32/E65x2. My sincere opnion is 7 series has a very poor resale value bc pml will drop the price in 2 years and the market will be flooded with the lowest end model ie 730. plus in 3-4 yrs there will be facelift. the higher the cc the more difficult to sell.

I think the SWB will be a better drive.

I checked out SGCarmart.

the value is about S$225k

PML is offering a buy back price of SGD185K.

too low IMO.

Wait for the new 530 then? You could mod it up big time and still have change left over for a nice little cabrio like my former MX5 ;-)

new 530?

is there a new one or facelifted one?

was considering the M5 but guess not.

need a 7 series for Biz.

Haha sorry meant the totally new 5 series which prob won't be out till early 2010. If you need a car for business, why not consider a Range Rover Sport? I know the depre's pretty scary but hey it will definitely stand out in a row of S classes and 7 series! Its like bringing a bottle of Billecart Salmon to a dinner party when everyone else plays safe with Moet or even Dom.....

yes
made up my mind to get the LWB.

the difference is not that much and there is this new feature Integral Active Steering.

only pain is parallel parking.

Well, if you looking at 2 yr window, realize that the 2011 models will come with more toys etc... plus I heard they going to bring in the 730 at the end of this year (this is only rumor).

The first batch is always nice to have, I mean, its new, so everyone stares. But, IMHO, I would not encourage anyone to get the first batch of anything including cars. Just too many gremlins to deal with. You pay a premium for being the 'first', but the payment also includes the inconvenience of break downs etc...

Anyway, I love the screen on the new 7, the GPS is just wonderful!

Good luck with your car.

I'm actually surprised that they didn't incorporate the BRAKE ENERGY REGENERATION technology from their Efficient Dynamics into the New 7.

Hopefully, it is not one of those failed technologies like Mercedes' Sensotronic Brake Control - which is now defunct.

Anyway, ever considered a Quattroporte?

nope not keen in that

i think there is brake energy regeneration. ...let me check

there is a souped up 750L with all the options thrown in.
Selling at SGD478888. trying to get a huge discount for this one if possible for consideration.

Whilst the 750 is nice, with a V8 and all. The depn will be worse.

BMW's fray into Turbo does not have a very rich history. I would advise caution.

Having test driven the 740Li, the only comment I would make is the sound of the engine, highly intrusive. For a luxury car of the 7er's stature, I would have expected quieter surroundings. The current 730's NA engine 'feels' smoother, though the 740's power cannot be denied.

Nonetheless, its a nice car, nothing too revolutionary from the previous 7, but nice new touches including the integral steering etc... update the car quite quaintly.

you are right.

it is pretty audible. That was my comment to my Sales rep. Since i am currently driving an S Class, the difference was pretty noticeable. But i love the new iDrive and GPS. So i will switch.

Pairing with my iphone was so fast and the voice pickup by the mic was GREAT!! i have an R8 and the mic SUCKS big time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back