ABS DSC yellow warning lights

motorknut

Has anyone ever had the DSC, ABS and handbrake lights come on the dash, in yellow? I'm trying to get an idea how long it'll take for pml to fix it. Their staff say it might just need a reprogram, but the next avail service slot is fri and i'd rather not leave it over the wknd if it needs more than a day and a half.

Anyone have some experience with the same situ? Thanks

Re: ABS DSC yellow warning lights

depends on what caused it to come on in the first place...

all come on together??? this kinda situation very difficult to determine how long it takes to solve.. if they just reset the ecu and eveerythign is ok, then very fast ... but if it keeps coming on, then they might have to slowly check part by part and one by one.. then it might take darn long...

bro, how do you reset the ECU? i am driving E90... thanks

tjy;462324 said:
all come on together??? this kinda situation very difficult to determine how long it takes to solve.. if they just reset the ecu and eveerythign is ok, then very fast ... but if it keeps coming on, then they might have to slowly check part by part and one by one.. then it might take darn long...

Yup, all three. sometimes it goes off shortly after starting the car, yest i was on my way to work in rain when all 3 lights came on yellow. gave me a shock. Since it was a holiday i couldn't do much bout it. My friends teased me that my car throwing tantrum cos i was driving it in the rain.

damn, i certainly hope their diagnostic machine can throw up the cause easily enough.
thanks for the input.

NOS;462402 said:
bro, how do you reset the ECU? i am driving E90... thanks

bro, i'm not too sure abt e90 .. can actually look up bimmerforums... i tink they got mention there... but easiest method for me is just go and remove your battery -ve terminal... after a while, put back... u will find all your audio and every setting gone... by then your ecu shld be resetted.. but to be honest, i don't know abt e90...

The control module was faulty, had to get it replaced. Seemed to be relatively easy to install, most of the delay was waiting for the part to arrive. And they had to do a reprogram too. Think the actual work would have taken just a day to complete.

motorknut;465881 said:
The control module was faulty, had to get it replaced. Seemed to be relatively easy to install, most of the delay was waiting for the part to arrive. And they had to do a reprogram too. Think the actual work would have taken just a day to complete.

Your ABS Controller module failed.

Pretty common problem on E46s.
Seems like only a matter of time thing.
Lots of people complained on E46fanatics about how this should've been a recall item.
Given that BMW was well aware of the almost inevitable failure of this part.

Well discussed on the global forums.
Happened on two E46s we've owned.

Actual work takes nowhere near a day to complete.
More like under an hour.

0.02c

normally is ABS control module got something problem!
you can try to do at other workshop,will be faster!PML have to spab a lot of time over there!
My E60 got this problem be4! But mine one is keep come out off n on! im fix it at UBI! they are fast!

Hello All,

My handbrake light is on the dashboard (Yellow Color), once I start my engine and after I've released the handbrake. Any idea what it means? when I start the car, it shows an image of a vehicle on a jack.

The model is the E90.

Appreciate all input!

:)

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back