• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

advice needed: How much is a 10-year 318IA E46 worth?

Newcastle

Dear all,

Am looking at buying a pre-owned 318IA E46 (dream car since I was in Uni days). How much is a 10-year 318IA E46 worth with today's COE?

Also is it reliable? assuming the car mileage is much lower than the normal usage.

Kindly advice.

Thanks.

Regards
Newcastle

Re: advice needed: How much is a 10-year 318IA E46 worth?

First batch E46 318 runs on non-valvetronic engine, only 115 bhp without the steptronic gearbox. You sure you want that?

At least get the same car post 2002...........

Dear Kenntona,

To answer the question with a question. what is the difference between a non-valvetronic vs valvetronic engine? and how does the steptronic gearbox work?

sorry. I am not so conversant in car performance.

Dear opulentgroup,

dealer is offering between $56 - $60K with new 10-year COE thrown in... think its ok?

There are three E46 versions in its cycle. First is 1998 to 2000, the N43B19 engine throwing 115 bhp. 1895 cc. No steptronic mode, means only auto mode. Cannot upshift or downshift.......

Next came the 2000 to 2002 version, looks the same in exterior, on the same engine, but with steptronic gearbox.

After 2002, the engine block is N42B20, throwing 143 bhp. Exterior is face-lifted. Bonnet, front headlights, fenders, rear lights all different from predecessors. Steptronic gearbox, can retrofit paddleshifters.

The price you were quoted is cut throat........... get a 6-potter.......

Dear Newcastle,

I think the going rate for a 2004 318 should be around 70-80k thereabout.. It might be a better choice rather than going for a COE car... Less maintainance costs with a scrap value at the end of 10 years... IMHO

Newcastle;303837 said:
dealer is offering between $56 - $60K with new 10-year COE thrown in... think its ok?

Bro, your annual depreciation for the car mentioned is $5.6k to $6k, which is too high....

My suggestion:
1) Wait a while more, I am sure you can get a 2003 facelifted E46 at around $70k, or even lower. Visit this site 3 times a day :) : Singapore Used Car Listings - sgCarMart
2) If your budget permits, there are lots of 2004 E46 around:
Singapore Used Car Listings - sgCarMart

One more thing, apart from the excellent Valvetronic engine, the facelifted models came with the quicker steering rack taken from the 3er Compact of the time, which made it much livelier around corners.

kenntona;303900 said:
There are three E46 versions in its cycle. First is 1998 to 2000, the N43B19 engine throwing 115 bhp. 1895 cc. No steptronic mode, means only auto mode. Cannot upshift or downshift.......

Next came the 2000 to 2002 version, looks the same in exterior, on the same engine, but with steptronic gearbox.

After 2002, the engine block is N42B20, throwing 143 bhp. Exterior is face-lifted. Bonnet, front headlights, fenders, rear lights all different from predecessors. Steptronic gearbox, can retrofit paddleshifters.

The price you were quoted is cut throat........... get a 6-potter.......

cut throat eh....... sigh..... for a moment I thought it was a good deal given the mileage at so low....hmmm ok... thanks matey!

oh ya.... I have been a frequent visitor to sgcarmart along with channelnewsasia and soccernet and nufc.com :D

hahaha

Newcastle said:
oh ya.... I have been a frequent visitor to sgcarmart along with channelnewsasia and soccernet and nufc.com :D
Newcastle, I am sorry about the 5-1 scoreline at St James, but Alex's man did well. You should by now, from my nick, know the team I pledge my allegiance to......

King Eric.......

yes..... your nick says it all about your allegiance... actually he was the first wave of revivial for man u..... the 1-5 scoreline is a disgrace...but we just got to hang in there...one do not change clubs like one change underwear.. :(

oh....about the E46....based on your recommendation....is it better to get a 318 E46 made after 2004? I understand from the car dealer that 318 made after 2001 are from South Africa whereas those made before 2001 are from Germany......true?

Newcastle said:
oh....about the E46....based on your recommendation....is it better to get a 318 E46 made after 2004? I understand from the car dealer that 318 made after 2001 are from South Africa whereas those made before 2001 are from Germany......true?
Get a E46 320 in the same era. If you compare, the pricing is not that far off in absolute terms. Period. You will be much better off.

Go check out Performance Premium Selection Limited as well. They do have some low-mileage E46 318s/320s and when they're clearing stock in preparation for a new batch, the prices are comparable to outside dealers.

But my personal opinion is that you should gun for the E46 320 (6 cylinders) instead as the price difference is relatively small but the overall performance experience is much higher.

OT a bit.... we should have another Futsal game. :)

ecoquest;304183 said:
But my personal opinion is that you should gun for the E46 320 (6 cylinders) instead as the price difference is relatively small but the overall performance experience is much higher.
kenntona;304176 said:
Get a E46 320 in the same era. If you compare, the pricing is not that far off in absolute terms. Period. You will be much better off.

Agreed. Get a 320 (if budget permits, facelifted, i.e. after 2002).
You'll Never Walk Alone.:)

haha now we got a red devil and a pool fan...... oh...c3po...fyi, i am also a Star Wars fan...i collect lots of star wars toys...vintage and POTF and new.. :D

ecoquest said:
OT a bit.... we should have another Futsal game. :)
Noted.

C3P0 said:
You'll Never Walk Alone.:)
Noted too.

Newcastle;304190 said:
oh...c3po...fyi, i am also a Star Wars fan...i collect lots of star wars toys...vintage and POTF and new.. :D
Oh great, my latest collection was Koto figures. But halfway thru I ganna the mod virus. Now still haven't recovered, this virus beri siong....:laughlik:

C3P0;304196 said:
Oh great, my latest collection was Koto figures. But halfway thru I ganna the mod virus. Now still haven't recovered, this virus beri siong....:laughlik:

hehehe....

once I lay my hands on the E46 I will also go slow on koto's items.......

i have been looking at BMW ads for some many weeks that my wife told me to just go buy and stop looking....

now I just need to find a decent one thats not a lemon...

Newcastle;304307 said:
i have been looking at BMW ads for some many weeks that my wife told me to just go buy and stop looking....

now I just need to find a decent one thats not a lemon...
What's ur budget bro?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88quest

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back