[Advice needed.] Transmission Overhaul

Re: [Advice needed.] Transmission Overhaul

What's the gearbox rebuild kit for? Is.it considered overhaul? What's the cost?I have jerk in.gear change.also.solenoid changed

I am driving a 07 E93 325i and i receive error from idrive.

"Transmission faulty"
Drive moderately. Possible to continue journey. Reduce acceleration. Have checked by nearest BMW Service.

Anyone encounter this before?

saifulidris;1099106 said:
Thanks everyone for all your input!

I probably should have clarified that they did mention that it's a hardware issue due to wear and tear. The mechatronics are fine. The overhaul would involve changing the valves, clutches, gaskets, etc. from what I gather, it's the full hardware overhaul.

With that in mind, I'm guessing the lower quotes are not accurate? And that the $6k is
a fair price for hardware overhaul?

Symptoms: car responds slowly to accelerator. No jerking just no response than sudden acceleration. Especially at slow speed and from mid to high speed. The diagnosis indicates that valves A and C are over-pressurised.

I have the exact symptom you have mentioned. Especially moving off from traffic light this happens or turning from a box junction. Sometimes its scary. You expect the car to move but it moves slowly.......

ac323;1099018 said:
or ask workshop to do a breakdown to quote you so you can really see what was quoted to do etc etc???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers
exactly what ac323 mentioned, i paid a very expensive lesson for not doing so. I say if you don't wish surprises, always and remember Quotation first than talk and read up more in his informative forum to prevent carrot head chop.

Regardless of what car manufacturers say, get Hydraulic fluid changed every 50k km. It will keep your auto box operating well.

Saw this on Facebook from CodeWerx, hope this help some of you:

If you think we would not stop at ZF Transmissions for BMW then you are right. I have been looking at what we could do with the GM gearboxes found predominantly on the BMW E90 320i. Hearsay is that once these gearbox starts to jerk - it's time to change the mechatronics. Actually there one thing to do before jumping into the mechatronics bonfire - Replace the seals and sensors for the GM transmission along with an ATF filter change. #bmwgmgearbox #bmw320igearbox #bmwgmtransmission

My ride is a 2009 E90 320i LCI model. Anyone know how to see if its a ZF or GM gearbox? I do experience a slight jerk between gear 1 to gear 2 or downshifting from 2 to 1....

I just bought a second hand 320i Dec 2009. Saw a yellow warning sign on automatic transmission (in pic). Car won't accelerate and need to stop engine, restart before back to normal. Would like to know what might be the problem before sending to workshop. Thx in advance

Attachments

• IMG-20160729-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20160729-WA0001.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 491
I just bought a second hand 320i Dec 2009. Saw a yellow warning sign on automatic transmission (in pic). Car won't accelerate and need to stop engine, restart before back to normal. Would like to know what might be the problem before sending to workshop. Thx in advance

gearbox faulty sign.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I had both experience,"transmission too hot drives slowly" error code during a run to ns and gear box jerk when u brake. Both issues resolved by Top93. Look for Ah kok, the handsome tow-chiew.
I must say he very honest chap, when i told him the problem, his reply is all point to the ATF gear box.
1) oil low level
2) the gear oil is old & require replacement
3) simple reprogramming will resolved these issues.
If all methods failed then gear box mechantronic require to change out which likely cost u $3k plus? He did not suggest the expensive route which i think he could!! I drove the car for another 2 years without any issues and i can sleep well too. So just head down to top93 and let him decide rather than losing sleep over it!!

Will give Top93 a try for maintenance of my gbox in future. But then there are quite a few good BMW workshop out there too.

CodeWerx has been sharing their works with both ZF and GM gearboxes. Try them.
8 Kaki Bukit Ave 4 #02-15

I had both experience,"transmission too hot drives slowly" error code during a run to ns and gear box jerk when u brake. Both issues resolved by Top93. Look for Ah kok, the handsome tow-chiew.
I must say he very honest chap, when i told him the problem, his reply is all point to the ATF gear box.
1) oil low level
2) the gear oil is old & require replacement
3) simple reprogramming will resolved these issues.
If all methods failed then gear box mechantronic require to change out which likely cost u $3k plus? He did not suggest the expensive route which i think he could!! I drove the car for another 2 years without any issues and i can sleep well too. So just head down to top93 and let him decide rather than losing sleep over it!!
What's the cost of your choice?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I drive a 5-year old 320i. Mileage is slightly over 150000km. I had some lethargy issues with the car and brought it to a workshop for a diagnosis. I was advised to do a transmission overhaul as one of the valves in the control unit is very highly pressurised. I was quoted almost $6k.

I did a quick check with a couple of other workshops and they have quoted me very different prices for a full Transmission and Gearbox Repair Abu Dhabi. One quoted $2500 while the other $4000.

I've resigned to the fact that I should get an overhaul. What I'm concerned about is the very different quotations that I got for the same work. $2500 to $6000 is quite a big difference. I'm not sure what I should do and would appreciate advice on this from anyone who has knowledge about transmission overhauls and perhaps experience of it. Recommendations are welcome too.

Thanks!
However if there turns out to be a problem later then they wouldn't really have any other option than to take it out and fix it as they did the complete job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11sin88com
Back