Advice on Powerbox on E60

shaun7799

Hi fellow bros here, am currently on E60 530 Lci (N52 3.0 NA Engine 272bhp, just to be clear)....am feeling to boast up the acceleration of the car as it feels a bit lethargic....will like to know, especially anybody who have tried, if the powerbox helps in this aspect...any other suggestion than powerbox is also welcome as well...thanks in advance.

Re: Advice on Powerbox on E60

shaun7799;1022489 said:
Hi fellow bros here, am currently on E60 530 Lci (N52 3.0 NA Engine 272bhp, just to be clear)....am feeling to boast up the acceleration of the car as it feels a bit lethargic....will like to know, especially anybody who have tried, if the powerbox helps in this aspect...any other suggestion than powerbox is also welcome as well...thanks in advance.

try Powerbox first..................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Was given the advice that powerbox will be felt more on 523 or 525 bcos of the power...and bcos the power of 530 is more or less maxed out...therefore even with the powerbox, wun feel much difference...which is why I am posting here to see if any bros who has fitted a powerbox on a 530 has any feedback..

I am driving the E60 525, I am on DS mode all the time. My OC keep complaining why my car jerk so much when pulling from stationary?? ..

Your 530 should be much faster than 525. I have been driving it so tender when I bought it, it behave like a heavy elephant. Now seem like flying elephant.. Hehe..

You may want to re-flash your ECU if you wish to get more power to your ride.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

shaun7799;1022504 said:
Was given the advice that powerbox will be felt more on 523 or 525 bcos of the power...and bcos the power of 530 is more or less maxed out...therefore even with the powerbox, wun feel much difference...which is why I am posting here to see if any bros who has fitted a powerbox on a 530 has any feedback..

yes i agreed with you.........but definitely can feel some gains....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Thanks a million for the input....now there are 2 ways, either a powerbox or ecu re-flash..... Anymore more inputs from all tai kors with regards to these 2 choices.....

Can try do tunning after u change exhaust and air intake. Cost of Powerbox is much cheaper compared to ECU reflash. I use AFE CAI 2, Remus quads and Powerbox on my 523. Good enough for me. The whole car felt totally different compared to the stock time. Will be awesome if is on a 530! =)

Buywellsellwell;1022534 said:
Can try do tunning after u change exhaust and air intake. Cost of Powerbox is much cheaper compared to ECU reflash. I use AFE CAI 2, Remus quads and Powerbox on my 523. Good enough for me. The whole car felt totally different compared to the stock time. Will be awesome if is on a 530! =)

stock 530 should be quite power leow. if cannot satisfy, then gotta get M5 leow

Haha...great minds think alike...was actually planning to get a M5...saw the one from garage R (depre think abt 17k) only...but after asking a few friends who have drove the car, decided against it. All said that its a great n powerful drive but too prone to problems here n there...(what's worst is that they drove their when the car was much younger), given the age of the E60 M5 now, probability is much higher...of cos it's also bcos my current car condition n problem free is something hard to give up too...too bad...couldn't afford another car though, if not will be able to at least bear with the inconvenience of car breakdown bcos my job needs the car every single day. No car means no leg...can't afford this high probability of downtime. Sigh...

shaun7799;1022671 said:
Haha...great minds think alike...was actually planning to get a M5...saw the one from garage R (depre think abt 17k) only...but after asking a few friends who have drove the car, decided against it. All said that its a great n powerful drive but too prone to problems here n there...(what's worst is that they drove their when the car was much younger), given the age of the E60 M5 now, probability is much higher...of cos it's also bcos my current car condition n problem free is something hard to give up too...too bad...couldn't afford another car though, if not will be able to at least bear with the inconvenience of car breakdown bcos my job needs the car every single day. No car means no leg...can't afford this high probability of downtime. Sigh...

time to install coilover then can wack more corner..................................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hi all bro's,

I need to chk whr the Powerbox install at which area in the car. Cos I bought my ride from car dealer with previous owner mod receipt left in the car, have this powerbox but I don't know whr to chk is my car still have it or being removed. Hope guys here able to share n advice. Thanks a lot.

Should be in the compartment together with the DME - passenger side corner of the engine bay........

Red_Bean_Bun;1110613 said:
Should be in the compartment together with the DME - passenger side corner of the engine bay........

Bro, thanks for the advice. BTW chk what is DME?

cars.man2;1110633 said:
What is ecu refresh?

ECU stands for "engine control unit." It's the program that reads things like engine rpm, 02 and CO2 sensor output, etc., and controls engine performance by making inputs to the fuel to air ratio, variable valve timing, and the like.

The computer "chip" that is the heart of the ECU is usually an EEPROM -- an Electronically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory chip. The Read Only part of that means the chip retains its programming without periodic electronic refreshing; loss of electrical power doesn't lead to the chip losing its programming (It's like the CMOS BIOS of a computer).

"Flashing" the chip involves electronically erasing the read only program and replacing it with new, updated information (the engine control 'map'). Typically, when an ECU is flashed, a new map is provided that allows the engine to run 'hotter,' providing more Horsepower, altered valve timing, etc. This often makes the car faster, but can decrease its reliability and durability.

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back