advice

vladacar

Dear all,
i am new here and i would like to buy my first BMW.

i found this car:

Singapore Used Car. BMW 318IA (COE till 06/2013) Sale by Kim Hua Loon Trading Co. - sgCarMart

was reading some reviews and some people say that old bms break often, but some people say that they are very robust.

was wondering if any of you can give me an advice how to go about buying a first BMW.
and your experiences with old bmws. this one is from 1993.
i assume if you have a contact of a good BMW mechanic!!! or a dealer that would be great!!!
should i get a mechanic to have a look at the car first before i buy or that doesn't mean much?

THANKS

v

Re: advice

The ride from photo can tell is very well kept. Most impt is to go down & take a look & try out every knob & switch u can find. Open the bonnet check for oil leak, go for a spin to check noise & auto gear box, everything ok, bargain for the price - is too expensive for a 318i if u looking for power, if not still ok. The 318i power only just enough to move the body unless the car is "upgraded" or "Uni-chipped". E36 just need to solve all wear & tear issue then the car will never give u much problem. If u getting this ride, most likely u spend more for comestic modification than engine unless u want "lup" 318iS M42, if not depend on ur pocket, u can give the ride a damn fierce look like full bodykit, DPE rims, brembo brakes, angel LED lights, coilover...
Meanwhile the Electric seats look cool. M-steering is also nice, exhaust tips, replica AC rims also not bad. Bring to BVO for a check if u need to know the history of the undercarriage.,

thanks!

ok. i will go and check it... so you are saying no need to get a real mechanic to check it?

i thought of bargaining down to 18-19k?

but i assume that i would need to have a good mechanic since it is a very old car!

best,
v

vladacar;380950 said:
thanks!

ok. i will go and check it... so you are saying no need to get a real mechanic to check it?

i thought of bargaining down to 18-19k?

but i assume that i would need to have a good mechanic since it is a very old car!

best,
v
based on present market they might just give u tat price. E36 very easy to check for accident damage. Air con is the most impt cos high cost on labour & parts to change it. other than tat most parts easily can look for our forum guy Milk15. Either u bring to BVO for a check or come to satayman Collin workshop @ Block 6 Defu Lane 10 #01-544 look for Simon 92716617.
u can strip the E36 & rebuilt anytime but looking at the photo , i think u won't be spending much. Technical problem very straight forward.

vladacar;380992 said:
this might be a bit more powerful and the price is quite low! so now should i go for 320 or 318?

Singapore Used Car. BMW 320IA (COE till 08/2011) Sale by V-Kar Traders Pte Ltd - sgCarMart

i am not sure if the mechanic would help if we go there to see the car together?

this one even comes with a warranty, what ever that meant?

"1 Year Warranty By Comfort Delgro."

tx for the help!!! hope that i can join the club soon!

v
ask them wat they warranty lor... engine included bo? or just warranty don't break down :)

definitely 320 cos can do more evil. (M3 engine available)

what is your budget? what is ur objective/reason u choose E36 & not others like E46? Are u keeping for next COE or just for transport?
you may need all this; so it downs to ur pocket deep bo....
  1. E36 M3 Frt Bumper OEM
  2. E36 M3 Rear Bumper OEM
  3. E36 M3 Side Skirt OEM
  4. E36 M3 Side Mirror OEM
  5. E36 LED Angel Eyes
  6. E36 CF Bonnet & Boot Emblems
  7. E36 Steering CF Emblems
  8. E36 M3 Chrome Door Sills
  9. E36 M3 Fender Grille
  10. E36 M3 Rear Boot Spoiler
  11. E36 M3 Exhaust Tips
  12. E36 Rear Roof Spoiler
Performance Parts
Nashin 6pots (front) BBK
Nashin 4pots (rear) BBK
UnichipQ
18"Sports Rims

i just want to try bmw... transport is ok. i think i am going to go for steven's 318... all the stuff you wrote sound very exciting ...

have to see it!!!

but of course stronger the better....

tx
v

yeah another e36. welcome to bmw.sg. bumps for steven's e36. :)

well, i rather my E36 legacy continues rather than end up as spare parts or junk metal in the scrapyard....thats my last words as a E36 owner.....i love my ride...feel the passion for your rides ppl!!!!

almost every bmw owner starts out with a e36 or e30. Try it and you'll know why.

yes, i am looking forward!

can you guys tell me if it is true that once an engine fails on BMW you would need to spend thousands... people say that automatic gearbox replacement can cost 5k ? i kind of don't believe that stuff...

anyone had to change/overhaul those big items? and how much did they cost?

TX
v

wow 5k just for a gearbox? with 5k you can easily get a gearbox with a good engine. including workmanship.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgamebai

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back