advise needed on should i roll my fenders or not

Re: advise needed on should i roll my fenders or not

depends on yr setting... firmer but definately not harsher... controlled ride is what the end result is...

FiftyFive;241014 said:
With coilovers, there are a variety you can choose from.. from affordable to those which are slightly more expensive... trust me... you get what you pay for...

From BCs, Teins, Bilstein PSS (Height Adjustable only-no Damping adjustment), Bilstein PSS9, KW Variant 2, Variant 3, KW Clubsport & Ground Control etc etc... A whole range of coilovers to suit your demands and needs... are they for show purposes or are you planning to track your ride as they all pretty much give u better handling... comfort is another story all together.

What is important is that you do your homework properly... be firm on what you want your coilovers to do and then go get them... you will end up better off and might even save some money... Dont fall in the trap of buying something just because your wheels are here... patience is the key..

With regards to rolling of fenders... nothing is impossible... once you have determined your wheels and suspension (coilovers) setup... if they rub... you go roll them... if they dont... good on ya... given the configurations that you have supplied above in the thread... I forsee minimal rubbing subjective to your ride height... otherwise you will probably jus have to roll a bit to be safe...

Hope this helps... happy shopping...

Bro, thanks for the lengthy advise, i am already on koni FSD + eibach springs. What would u recommend for alternatives to eibach as i tend to find it soft.

the one guru;241024 said:
mwtang,

are you in KL? did you buy over the net? were they taxed?

yep, i am at KL, and yep, over the net and i have it shipped to SGP, transported down to kl via lorry. Save the trouble of going to Malaysia Custom where tax is unavoidable.

Azrielsc;240974 said:
Hey mwtang.... that photo that u have in ur avatar was my ex-car! HAHAHAHAHA!

Yes mate, I love the car, identical to mine !

Well, u got the same good taste as me! :)

exact setup...hahahahah even the clubsport splitters...only setback mine a 320i only..

mwtang;241130 said:
Bro, thanks for the lengthy advise, i am already on koni FSD + eibach springs. What would u recommend for alternatives to eibach as i tend to find it soft.

CBS was/used to be on the set up... he loved it intially... until he sat in coilovered cars... haha

If you r looking for a firmer ride... go for coilovers.. cant go wrong.. my pick IMHO will be Bilstein PSS9, Bilstein PSS (not damping adjustable), KW Variant 2 or KW Clubsport... There will be some pricing variance but like i mentioned before, you get what you pay for... QUALITY and above all... ADJUSTABLE for both COMFORT or SPORTS... NEVER HARSH... (not applicable to BCs)

One thing to note though... for KWs, some might have fitting issues subjective to Wheel Offsets etc... exact parameters I dunno...

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Comparing Bilstein and BCs would Bilstein be comfy and not harsh?

U see, this is what I always get cunt-fused.

I hear peep-per say "Coilovers are harder or stiffer than springs/koni, which is more comfy". Then I also hear "Coilovers can be adjusted to achieve comfort but even the most comfy setting is still stiff".

Now I hear something new "Coilovers give u a harder ride but is not harsh"

:confused: :)

VenomX2;241402 said:
Comparing Bilstein and BCs would Bilstein be comfy and not harsh?

Handling aside.... Bilstein is a world of difference in terms of comfort from BC....

Damping from the BC is not as controlled as the Bilstein...

Ahbengdriver;241404 said:
U see, this is what I always get cunt-fused.

I hear peep-per say "Coilovers are harder or stiffer than springs/koni, which is more comfy". Then I also hear "Coilovers can be adjusted to achieve comfort but even the most comfy setting is still stiff".

Now I hear something new "Coilovers give u a harder ride but is not harsh"

:confused: :)

There is no use understanding it until u try the different set-ups.

yep thats true.... but since now i have just newly installed the koni FSD, it wont be so soon i be changing to coilovers.

is there anyone out there that uses koni fsd with other springs combi beside eibach?

FiftyFive;241368 said:
CBS was/used to be on the set up... he loved it intially... until he sat in coilovered cars... haha

You know better lah. It is not that I don't like FSD's, I still do think they are an amazing product.

What changed is this:

When I first started modding, comfort >>>>>> performance

Afetr a while, performance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> comfort.

Anyone wanting to know before spending money should go and actually sit in cars with different setups.

I feel the difference between FSD's and coilovers is the behaviour over bigger bumps. Coilovers tend to move very quickly over a big bump, making the car move sharply. FSD's float over bigger bumps. So when travelling at higher speeds, FSD's feel a lot calmer.

So they are built for different things.

Each person has their own needs and tolerance level. And these levels tend to change over time. That's why wanna zhng chia, must keep spending money...

Just a question - is there any harm rolling fenders, even if it does not rub?

kenntona;241971 said:
Just a question - is there any harm rolling fenders, even if it does not rub?

U r not alone:)

i am going to test thosw wheels first this weekend, see if rolling of fenders is needed

ok guys....this is how it looks like, had it for about a week. 235/18/40 front, 255/18/35 Rear, Toyo T1R Tyres.

2007_09090010Small.jpg

i think it looks ok........u shld not need to roll the fenders.......

Hiadees,
the E92 OEM offset is +35 F/+30 R.

If I put on rims that have +30 F/+25 R to push the wheel flusher, will there be rubbing or do I need fender rolling?

Ahbengdriver said:
Hiadees,
the E92 OEM offset is +35 F/+30 R.

If I put on rims that have +30 F/+25 R to push the wheel flusher, will there be rubbing or do I need fender rolling?
Beng, +25 rear is quite aggressive.......

ABD, if your stocks matachia E92 wheels same as Kenn and Hitmee, it should be STAR SPOKE 189. the offset should be

F 8JX18 ET:34
R 81/2JX18 ET:37

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwinltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back