Afternoon's flood did this to me

RTCS

As a result of the heavy rain and flood, this is what is left of my ride:angry: :angry: :angry: . Got my resale black beauty lesser than 2 months ago!

The pic shows flood has already subsided, at the peak of it, I think it was almost covered the entire tyres by a foot!

I had to scope out a lot of water, floor mat is still soaked. Checked battery survived, air filter survived. Every where is water water water. Leaves covered everything under bonnet, etc, etc

Many other cars were trapped, a lot had to wait very long for the tow trucks as they were called at many other places simultaneously. Only a small handful could start (including mine after a few attempts)

I managed to drive back but so far noticed a few malfunctions; speedometer , trip meter, fuel economy, air-con only blow hot air, rear window switches, auto gear lagged and jerky, temperature gauge went up very high for a while as aye was also jammed and shot to maximum, but now is back to normal....

Hope that it will drip out as much water as possible over the night and those problems will go off, hope, this is my hope.

Re: Afternoon's flood did this to me

sorry to hear that bro, hope everything will be ok for you.

Thanks Fooman700 for your kind words. Wow three cars all side by side with number plate 700!

sszone;272084 said:
i think better use alot of towels to soak up the water inside the cabin or the car will really stink

Yah lor, but is very late already first priority is to hope tomorrow morning everything back to normal. Worst is tomorrow is going to be a very tight schedule day. Then if situation allows, will have to strip out everything to dry, haiz.

Going downstairs to visit my beloved now

Today super heavy down pour, alot car struck in flood... very jiat 6
did you buy ur car number today 4D?

jackie....i see u then i remembered the insurance usual term "Acts of God, not covered"......haha
rtcs....engine can start so car should be a prob, let it dry out b4 starting cos if u dun want the electrical stuff in it to short circuit

Hi RTCS,

Sorry to read about what happened. The weather is so erratic these days.

sszone;272094 said:
jackie....i see u then i remembered the insurance usual term "Acts of God, not covered"......haha
rtcs....engine can start so car should be a prob, let it dry out b4 starting cos if u dun want the electrical stuff in it to short circuit
bro insurance lop hole - dry liao then drive in front u , jam brake then claim hahahahaha...

i mjust be working so hard, i didnt notice the rain yesterday was so bad......

sorry about ur car...hope u can claim insurance

So sorry to hear that. We should start a thread on all floor prone area to avoid.

Sorry to hear about your car. Honestly, I think you should send it to be professionally done ie, have someone take out all carpets etc. Also, whould check out engine and electronics and have the engine cleaned out of all the debris. Just my opinion to be safe. Cheers and I hope it all works out.

Bro, very sorry to hear about it.... kind of feel sad too... Hope you manage to get everything done up (whether in SIN or JB!)

straight away get the carpets removed and dried out, your car will stink if you dont

as for the electrical gremlins, that could be an issue for awhile to come yet

sorry to hear that bro, hope all's well.

somebody was telling me in the event that car is flooded, we should never start the engine, which will cause a bigger problem. anybody can advice if this is so?

gadgets;272202 said:
sorry to hear that bro, hope all's well.

somebody was telling me in the event that car is flooded, we should never start the engine, which will cause a bigger problem. anybody can advice if this is so?

Only if the engine has ingested water.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
45678biz
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back