Airshow 2008 520i

Re: Airshow 2008 520i

Ironically, sales price does not depend on COE, unlike the Jap cars. So, no need to wait for COE to drop. Infact, better paper value if you get car at high COE. Early last yr, 523i list price was $200K but still sold at $170K after "discount". (PML very creative with their pricing). Was eyeing it for over a year before committing it at the last ASEAN Summit deal.
So if you have been eyeing a 5 series, no better time to get it than now, but still recommend get a 523i, which is still a bit underpowered during initial acceleration, just that the 530i is too hefty a price dif. With news of 9% car growth (LTA didn't seem to expect this), COE numbers will be cut. Only concern is whether PML will up prices (afterall, BMW still did a sought-after car) bcos of higher distribution costs.

TobyNik;285690 said:
It's ridiculous! I am very surprise that BMW allows this.....4cycl is ok but 156bhp in an E60???? How to move???

Not even talking about the new 170bhp DI engine here....

Geez! And the price??? Aiyo...lagi don't bother....

I actually agree with you. This is a big car, only with 156bhp!? Must be this new PML senior management team, they are from MB, they have no passion for performance cars, once retail business....

I actually test drove the 520iA (E60) the other day, PML loan me this car when I sent in my car for servicing, its QUITE ALRIGHT for the car, not a 3 litre turbo but okay for start stop traffic. The sales manager that loan me the car rationalise that its because of the electronic transmission shift selector, makes the car quite responsive...:smack:

169k comes with soft closing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubsbs
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back