Alcon Superkit for E9x M3

clar

I have my eyes on these for my M3. Has anyone here installed them? Please do share your feedback on this kit. The price puts them on the same league as Brembo GT, but i kinda like the Alcon's looks more. Their gun metal finishing fits my FG ride perfectly!

Re: Alcon Superkit for E9x M3

Someone had definitely fixed it. You might wanna ask Shawn. Dont rule out AP Racing too.

The last time i heard of someone fitting Alcon, they had warping rotors and vibration from the brakes during high speeds. I'm not sure if it has been sorted out. Would be great if it has!

Alternatively AP Racing and Brembo GT has seen its fair share of M owners in the world and are worth checking out. As for color, they are always available for painting.

Alcons brake kit front and back similar in pricing to brembo GT but performance is supposedly brembo gtr standard.

Dun quote me.... But i know of an MA purchased m3 sedan on these brakes with zcp wheels.... No clearance issues. As for performance.... Best to get owner's personal feedback.... I have no comments since i personally have no experience with them.

I'd stick with Brembos.
I have used the Alcons before and I did have some warping issues on my 335.
On the M3, I am not sure so I can't comment.

I have used the Brembo's on my M3 and I think they offer much better progressive pedal travel for the brakes than even the Alcons when I had the 335i. I love the Color scheme of the Alcons though. They just look much BEEFIER.

Change cars to AMG or Porsche..... Cars come with standard big brake kits... No need mod.

Pls thank me.

jasonmaxima;807175 said:
Change cars to AMG or Porsche..... Cars come with standard big brake kits... No need mod.

Pls thank me.

But porsche engine/exhaust note sucks leh. I can never bring myself to like it...

I am referring specifically to the Alcon SuperKit? Anybody here with experience on this kit?

jasonmaxima;807173 said:
Alcons brake kit front and back similar in pricing to brembo GT but performance is supposedly brembo gtr standard.

Dun quote me.... But i know of an MA purchased m3 sedan on these brakes with zcp wheels.... No clearance issues. As for performance.... Best to get owner's personal feedback.... I have no comments since i personally have no experience with them.

Brembo GTR standard? Nice...The GTR BBK is damn steam looks wise. If not for the cut throat price, it's no. 1 on my list!

there's quite afew warping issue with alcon

S2k;807196 said:
there's quite afew warping issue with alcon

All Alcons or limited to certain kits only?

all alcons have heard feedback on gtr or even odyssey :D but since under warranty they replace the whole rotor

Clarence, sometimes it's not the product but the people chosen to support it locally. Do your research properly.

A good product supported by a low quality company or crew can lead to some very bad results. Worse still is when their business attitude is terrible and they do nothing to fix the problems caused by plain incompetence, disinterest, in what they claim to be experts in. No discussion, no problem solving, just refer you to essentially a competitor to fix the problem. Amazing.

Strongly recommend Brembo or AP, even Stoptech or Performance Friction, when it comes to Singapore. Look for quality support. J4C, Espace, BVO, BOSS, etc.

S2k;807204 said:
all alcons have heard feedback on gtr or even odyssey :D but since under warranty they replace the whole rotor

Wa lao, not very confidence inspiring all these warping of rotors... :(

Shaun;807207 said:
Clarence, sometimes it's not the product but the people chosen to support it locally. Do your research properly.

A good product supported by a low quality company or crew can lead to some very bad results. Worse still is when their business attitude is terrible and they do nothing to fix the problems caused by plain incompetence, disinterest, in what they claim to be experts in. No discussion, no problem solving, just refer you to essentially a competitor to fix the problem. Amazing.

Strongly recommend Brembo or AP, even Stoptech or Performance Friction, when it comes to Singapore. Look for quality support. J4C, Espace, BVO, BOSS, etc.

Yes, very good points! Noted!

S2k;807211 said:
how about rotora?

Not nice to look at. I am getting BBK primarily for looks alone cos i don't track, at least not to Sepang.

if looks alone i have to admit alcon's caliper is nicer :D

Don't waste money on BBK if you don't intend on tracking the car...

I am on my second AP. Best brakes ever in my opinion after having tried Brembos, Stop Tech, Endless....

TripleM;807447 said:
Don't waste money on BBK if you don't intend on tracking the car...

I am on my second AP. Best brakes ever in my opinion after having tried Brembos, Stop Tech, Endless....

Cannot help it lar. I shallow, i go for looks only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vatlieumoi
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back