Alert: Munich Triple Service Package Complaint

PixelBug

I had recently bought this service package from Munich. And I've sent in my car for the first service at 60000km.

When the bill came, I was surprised that I was additionally being charge for the following item:
1) Service - Standard Scope - 2 qty - $11/qty - $22 (total)
2) Service - Vehicle Check - 6 qty - $11/qty - $66 (total)

As far as I understand, it stated that the Triple Service Package include:
1) Oil Service with Complimentary Safety Check
2) Genuine BMW Filter Changes and General Service Check-up

What they informed is that:
a) Standard Scope Service Prompted (Not covered under TSP, charges apply)
b) Engine Oil - Due (This is covered by the TSP Package, no additional charge)
c) Vehicle Check - Due ( This is not covered by TSP, as it is a comprehensive check according to strict BMW Conditions Based Servicing Template and is not the General Check Up that TSP covers.)

I am really unpleased now with the explaination that they give above! It seems that they are now playing around with words that the "Standard Scope Service" and "Vehicle Check" is not part of the TSP. This is really really ridiculous!! Of course at different mileage the system will be prompted with certain checks, this should be definitely be covered under "General Service Check-up" or even under the "Complimentary Safety Check" stated in the TSP.

If in the first place if it didn't covered, they should state it very CLEARLY under a TSP clauses. And not when consumer bought the TSP, then you come and tell all these. So you can now tell us this and that is not covered under TSP, not standard items blah blah.....and charge us whatever you want in the bill? It is a shame that Munich is playing around with words!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Alert: Munich Triple Service Package Complaint

Calling M-Nut !!!!!

Sounds bad. I just bought the package too.

Ok. Thank you for the info. I was suppose to buy this week but busy so lucky never buy.
So MA is not so honest.

Whatever company it is, I never believe in packages. Happy go again, pay higher never mind, not happy walk away go another one. Life is so fun

I took a look at my bill just now, also have this one. I wasn't really bothered because I had a bigger problem at that time.

I also did a spark plug change, air filter change and micro filter change, and guess what? Engine light went up, engine busted 5min after leaving MA workshop! And yet, they even charged me S$100 for the tow truck? LOL

Even though I signed up for the TSP, it is now a really hard case just to justifying going back to MA anymore.

MW;906222 said:
Whatever company it is, I never believe in packages. Happy go again, pay higher never mind, not happy walk away go another one. Life is so fun

I have been buying service packages from Borneo Motor for my Lexus and there is no extra charges for whatever check needed. Actually they will even perform extra checking if you highlight some issues to them and of course without charges. If something need replacement, they will quote you a price and then you can decide if you want them to do it.
This should be the more logically approach.
Also Borneo will perform software program setting foc but BMW need to pay.

PixelBug;906198 said:
I had recently bought this service package from Munich. And I've sent in my car for the first service at 60000km.

When the bill came, I was surprised that I was additionally being charge for the following item:
2) Service - Vehicle Check - 6 qty - $11/qty - $66 (total)

As far as I understand, it stated that the Triple Service Package include:

What they informed is that:
c) Vehicle Check - Due ( This is not covered by TSP, as it is a comprehensive check according to strict BMW Conditions Based Servicing Template and is not the General Check Up that TSP covers.)

I am really unpleased now with the explaination that they give above! It seems that they are now playing around with words that the "Standard Scope Service" and "Vehicle Check" is not part of the TSP. This is really really ridiculous!! Of course at different mileage the system will be prompted with certain checks, this should be definitely be covered under "General Service Check-up" or even under the "Complimentary Safety Check" stated in the TSP.

If in the first place if it didn't covered, they should state it very CLEARLY under a TSP clauses. And not when consumer bought the TSP, then you come and tell all these. So you can now tell us this and that is not covered under TSP, not standard items blah blah.....and charge us whatever you want in the bill? It is a shame that Munich is playing around with words!!!

Dear Pixelbug,

Please publish my reply in its entirety and not as an excerpt, allow the public to make their own decision with the full picture. The following is my reply:

Dear Pixelbug,

Again first and foremost, my most profound apologies on the delay. Thank you for your patience. I have spoken to the CSA, Ms Henrica and also to her boss, the Service Manager, Mr Sebastian. My findings are as follows:

1) You were not charged additional on top of what is stipulated in the TSP Package. We have hundreds of BMWs on the TSP package and they have not been charged any additional unless other work, other than covered under the TSP, is prompted or sanctioned but only with the specific approval of the customer. Customer must sign off on the work order before service is carried out or through a logged call in approval.

2) What you were charge is the following:
Upon initially processing your car in using the key reader the following was issues were prompted:

3) As for the $11 per unit charge, that is a standard labour unit used by BMW dealerships the world over. It is a clear and transparent charge and it applies to all our labour charges. Each specific task is pre-assigned a number of labour units per task. For example the Standard Scope Service is 2 labour units so the charge is $22 and the Vehicle Service Check is 6 labour units so it is $66. Prior to any service or task carried out, you can check the labour units allocated it does not differ, it is there for the customer's benefit. If we take longer than the assigned labour rate allocated that cost is on us to bear for not meeting the labour rate assigned to the task. That increased expense is not passed to the customer.

In conclusion, so long as you come in to utilize your TSP without any other BMW system prompted service options approved to be carried out. Then you would not be charged any additional charges. However, please take note that the TSP Servicing cannot reset any error messages or provide any product or service outside of the stipulated TSP Package. Such as specific servicing milestones that require the replacement of component parts. Any additional work would have the corresponding charges levied accordingly. Your BMW will continuously prompt for service that it is programmed to monitor, we as an authorised service centre we would offer to attend to those system prompted services. It is entirely up to the BMW owner how he wants to react to those system prompts as it was designed to ensure that the BMW vehicle be operating optimally according to the manufacturer, the BMW Group.

Your invoice you refused to pay for those perceived additional charges amounting to $88 and paid the $13 for the replacement of a screw plug. As my investigation as discovered, those two charges were not covered under the TSP Package and is entirely a separated service recommendation as prompted by your BMW. And as shared, out of the three prompted services, the engine oil prompt is covered by the TSP and no charge was levied to you on that. Please do contact me if you require any further clarification, the full record of the servicing is with me and if you like I can share with you a copy it covers all aspects and documents the services prompted automatically by your BMW vehicle. Thank you for your patience and kind understanding.

M-Nut;906251 said:
Dear Pixelbug,

Please publish my reply in its entirety and not as an excerpt, allow the public to make their own decision with the full picture. The following is my reply:

Dear Pixelbug,

Again first and foremost, my most profound apologies on the delay. Thank you for your patience. I have spoken to the CSA, Ms Henrica and also to her boss, the Service Manager, Mr Sebastian. My findings are as follows:

1) You were not charged additional on top of what is stipulated in the TSP Package. We have hundreds of BMWs on the TSP package and they have not been charged any additional unless other work, other than covered under the TSP, is prompted or sanctioned but only with the specific approval of the customer. Customer must sign off on the work order before service is carried out or through a logged call in approval.

2) What you were charge is the following:
Upon initially processing your car in using the key reader the following was issues were prompted:

3) As for the $11 per unit charge, that is a standard labour unit used by BMW dealerships the world over. It is a clear and transparent charge and it applies to all our labour charges. Each specific task is pre-assigned a number of labour units per task. For example the Standard Scope Service is 2 labour units so the charge is $22 and the Vehicle Service Check is 6 labour units so it is $66. Prior to any service or task carried out, you can check the labour units allocated it does not differ, it is there for the customer's benefit. If we take longer than the assigned labour rate allocated that cost is on us to bear for not meeting the labour rate assigned to the task. That increased expense is not passed to the customer.

In conclusion, so long as you come in to utilize your TSP without any other BMW system prompted service options approved to be carried out. Then you would not be charged any additional charges. However, please take note that the TSP Servicing cannot reset any error messages or provide any product or service outside of the stipulated TSP Package. Such as specific servicing milestones that require the replacement of component parts. Any additional work would have the corresponding charges levied accordingly. Your BMW will continuously prompt for service that it is programmed to monitor, we as an authorised service centre we would offer to attend to those system prompted services. It is entirely up to the BMW owner how he wants to react to those system prompts as it was designed to ensure that the BMW vehicle be operating optimally according to the manufacturer, the BMW Group.

Your invoice you refused to pay for those perceived additional charges amounting to $88 and paid the $13 for the replacement of a screw plug. As my investigation as discovered, those two charges were not covered under the TSP Package and is entirely a separated service recommendation as prompted by your BMW. And as shared, out of the three prompted services, the engine oil prompt is covered by the TSP and no charge was levied to you on that. Please do contact me if you require any further clarification, the full record of the servicing is with me and if you like I can share with you a copy it covers all aspects and documents the services prompted automatically by your BMW vehicle. Thank you for your patience and kind understanding.

Dear All,

This is the subsequent reply:

I am really unpleased now with the explaination you give!

You informed that the TSP include:

So now you guys is playing around with words that the "Standard Scope Service" and "Vehicle Check" is not part of the TSP. This is really really ridiculous!! Of course at different mileage the system will be prompted with certain checks, this should be definitely be covered under "General Service Check-up" stated in the TSP.

If in the first place if it didn't covered, your end should state very CLEARLY in the TSP clauses. And not when consumer bought the TSP, then you come and tell all these. It is a shame that Munich is playing around with words!!!

Followed by our reply:

Dear PixelBug,

It is different, there is no word play. It is the same at PML, the general check up is totally different and from vehicle check or scope check, these services are clearly documented on their processes and it is clearly set by BMW. I have spent a substantial amount of time to speak with the CSA and Service Manager at length to understand and clarify their inputs. I have collected all documents pertaining to your service transactions, including invoices and system prompt printouts. If you feel there is a disconnect of expectations than please let me know how we can align to your expectations. But please be fair to us and compare us to another BMW Authorized Service Centre in terms of packages and services. Thank you.

I almost signed up my old car for MA's TSP in September until told by a MA CSA the items that are not covered by the TSP. To be fair to MA, they did mention what was not included in the TSP. That's why I decided not to buy the TSP.

So Munich, you are trying to let us decrypt what the term "Complimentary Safety Check" and "General Service Check-up" means? As a consumer, how would we know what type of checks does BMW dictionary has? To me, you are simply charging us based on our limited knowledge.

And furthermore, when I bought the TSP, your staff didn't highlight to me at all that some checks are not included in the TSP. If I know, I wouldn't have sign up at all as well.

To be frank, it is obviously your mistake that you didn't state clearly what type of "Checks" is included in the TSP, and what are not. As a consumer, you stated "Complimentary Safety Check" and "General Service Check-up" is included. So of cuz we will assume that all kind of checks is included. And now, you are trying to charge us for the mistake that you have made? Isn't that very ridiculous?

I have a suggestion/action/remedy for you.
1) To absorbed the cost of all these addition checks which you didn't state very clearly when you sold the TSP to consumer.
2) For all future TSP you are selling, please include very clearly what type of checks is included and what are not. Be as specific as possible, so that there won't be any discrepancy like now. It's black and white. Don't expect us to decrypt it, and expect everyone to have a BMW dictionary.

If the above action is not done, I will take further action on this.

Don't assume that we will pay blindly whatever you charge us cuz we drives a BMW.

I paste here what is stated in your TSP package:
41075d1346919311-munich-automobiles-triple-service-package-promotion-tsp-sep.jpg

Sad to hear about ur case, I was also a victim of buying a package without knowing the full contents... But it will be really difficult to bring a case against MA as I'm sure they will have lots of fine prints and disclaimers...

It's just like for my old car... Always like to go to the branded workshops like Garage R, knowing they charge a premium but still happily (and stupidly) go to them time over time...

It's ok if they don't remedy this. This will definitely reflect how they handle a situation like this. Based on consumer lack of knowledge, when they never even state clearly in the above package, and push the blame back to the consumer.

At least I create an awareness for the bros here who is planning to sign up the TSP. At least they will know what kind of checks is included and what are not. Unlike some of us who doesn't even know what is happening, only to get these kind of reply from Munich.

It now does shows the worthiness of Munich, pushing the blame back to consumers.

Seraphblade;906280 said:
Sad to hear about ur case, I was also a victim of buying a package without knowing the full contents... But it will be really difficult to bring a case against MA as I'm sure they will have lots of fine prints and disclaimers...

It's just like for my old car... Always like to go to the branded workshops like Garage R, knowing they charge a premium but still happily (and stupidly) go to them time over time...

Forgive me if ignorant huh. Can Lemon law helps?

Personally I feel the word "General" checkup means cover ka liao. Another thing I feel is not professional to publish out customer's corresponding message without permission.

I think Munich should seek legal advice on whether what they are selling as a package is sound or not. Coz if there is ever a lawsuit to interpret this kind of contract, the court is gonna rule in favour of the layman who is not in the know unlike Munich, unless it has been made very clear to the layman that certain services would not be covered before he sign for the package.

marcus28;906291 said:
Forgive me if ignorant huh. Can Lemon law helps?

Not unless you bought a lemon car from them.

PixelBug;906198 said:
It is a shame that Munich is playing around with words!!!

PixelBug;906274 said:
And now, you are trying to charge us for the mistake that you have made? Isn't that very ridiculous?

Bro, I can fully empathise with your frustrating situation as I have also been in the exact situation as you before. Anyway, I hope you will have better encounters in your remaining two visits. Good luck and God bless.

On general servicing basis 1 time is pretty good but personally the customer service is terrible. I do not know what is going on internally at ma. Recently my car plastic broke out of the blue.

I have to drive to ma 2 times n also being a fool to take photos n video of the damaged plastic part from beneath the seat ... N mms n SMS n then they say pls come again to comfirm what is damage. End of day, they insist this cannot be claim under warranty as it is below 30 dollars. The part is only 10 bucks. Importantly they ask us to compare BMW authorised pml vs ma. Another brother managed on the second time to pml n got it covered under warranty. To me it is a joke.. I m not heart pain about the 10 bucks but lousy service, poor handover of duties since they say the guy resigned n left. No follow to me back 1 month ago ...

Basically their reply is do u want the spare part ?
If yes, u have to agree to pay if not higher management have to approve which failed twice.
Do you like to wait ?
Such reasons is not logical at all.

What I m gg to do is I pay first n then I will arrange to see the manager in charge n seek a satisfaction answer. If cannot satisfy my case, the manager have to convince me the rational behind.

If not what's the difference with playing with words n pushing the blame to higher management? Worst thing to hear, less than 30 cannot claim under warranty. Pls tell me which page of the BMW book says that.

Anyway cut long story short, I approve to pay the spare part which will be offset with their vouchers on next servicing...

On the technical servicing side it is pretty good. There is of course 1 or 2 hardworking guys there but I think the management style of customer service is not wonderful compared to pml!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77betink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back