Alert: Munich Triple Service Package Complaint

Re: Alert: Munich Triple Service Package Complaint

SUPAN;906308 said:
but I think the management style of customer service is not wonderful compared to pml!

you mean pml customer service good ah
I think you are a very lucky person

Sharing my experience , I have just collected my ride 2 weeks ago from PMS. My friend recommended mechanic has noticed some unusual sound coming from the engine during a brief inspection. Since my ride is covered under 1 + 1 extended warranty , I drove straight to PML alexandra and was diagnosed with either bearing or alternator problem. The diagnostic process will start from the cheapest parts first. So bearing will be the first and if the noise still persist, he will seek warranty department for approval of the alternator. Whole process take somehow 3-5 days. I told him wow, my car mileage is just 24km and I had just bought it recently, why do I have to suffer with no car for that few days. He told me that i'm only entitle loan car unless I bought a new car or major service .......
The following day, i raised my concern with the relevant department, and was assured that all parts are covered under warranty and courtesy car will be assigned.
PML has finally let me feel that my money was well spent....:inlove:

Dear Pixelbug and All BMW Owners,

We at Munich Automobiles always try our best to cater to every BMW owners need and we have always done so in a personalized consultative manner. We are very sure many of the BMW-SG Forumers can attest to have received this personalize level of service. We are small and adaptive, all the BMW owner needs to do is to engage us and share with us their suggestions on how the service or packages we offer can be better suited to them. We are however still limited to balance these expectations with business fundamentals but we are always striving for the best middle ground possible so the BMW owner receives a product or service to best fit his or her expectations. In fact, we always strive to exceed those expectations. It is however, not always possible.

The TSP was created as a No Frills 3 visit Service Package with a validity of 3 years, we would change your oil with Castrol EDGE Professional Engine oil, replace with Original only BMW filters and conduct a general check up. It starts from $729 for the package, it also includes $200 Munich Automobiles Voucher, one of which you can use to offset the package price, so $629. That works out to be over three visits, $210 per visit and $100 Munich Automobiles Voucher that can be utilize on other services or products. This package was never marketed as anything other than a value for money Oil Servicing by a BMW Authorized Service Centre. It never claimed that we will reset your error messages or conduct any scope servicing. It was simply a 3 visit Oil Servicing package that is all. If there are BMW owners out there who feel that we should offer more comprehensive checks with the package than we will create the specific package that will do that exactly. We will cost it out, market it accordingly. But it will definitely not be at $210 a visit. So please let us know if you want something different and we custom fit to your exacting needs. I am contactable 24hrs a day, 7 days a week on my personal mobile. PM me if you need it and I will share my contact. Thank you one and all. Good night.

Last edited by a moderator:

My layman understanding.. I didn't purchase any tsp.. TSP is meant for servicing package in general for oil change etc up to owner discretion for more frequent oil change As example. For scheduled checks for Pml vehicles, it is charged as per normal on top of it if it happen to coincide with the time the car was sent in utilizing the tsp. eg. Scheduled half yearly check or labour cost incurred for changing of brake fluid, pads or other fluids which is not included in the tsp..

PixelBug;906274 said:
...."Complimentary Safety Check" and "General Service Check-up" is included. So of cuz we will assume that all kind of checks is included....
From my understanding after decades of owning a car, I do understand the following:
1) General Service Check - covers a list of items (in the region of 8-18 items) to be checked and it does not include System prompts nor whatever scope servicing.

2) Safety Check - is checking on stuff like brake pads, brake disc, brake lines, tyre conditions and again does not include System prompts nor labour to replace/change those safety related items if replacement is required (cost of replacement not inclusive also).

I have no idea why anyone would assume e above 2 terms cover all kinds of checks? Looks like a case of (a) ill knowledge (b) wrong expectation (c) lazy to self equip with knowledge of e industry standards (d) etc etc etc.

IMHO, I do not see any 'playing or twisting' of words. IMHO again, it does appears to be an ill informed person assuming everything under e sky and expect things to be as what e person assumes.

Lastly just to clarify, I am not an affiliate of MA or have any share of e biz or a friend of M-Nut. Am just speaking as a neutral who read e tread and contribute constructively.

Cheers.

p/s Assumption is Mother of All Fcuk Up. Don't assume when unsure, FFS ask first.

Good for you that you understand these terms, and what region 8-18 items. I believe in general not many will know as much as you do.

In layman, General Service Check should include all kind of checks UNLESS stated clearly black and white in TSP terms and conditions. You cannot assume that everyone will know what is included in a General Service Check.

And thanks for your p/s:
p/s Assumption is Mother of All Fcuk Up. Don't assume when unsure, FFS ask first.

Munich, please don't assume that all consumers know what is included in a General Service Check. You should at least highlight to consumers when it is not stated clearly in your TSP.

Baby1M;906338 said:
From my understanding after decades of owning a car, I do understand the following:
1) General Service Check - covers a list of items (in the region of 8-18 items) to be checked and it does not include System prompts nor whatever scope servicing.

2) Safety Check - is checking on stuff like brake pads, brake disc, brake lines, tyre conditions and again does not include System prompts nor labour to replace/change those safety related items if replacement is required (cost of replacement not inclusive also).

I have no idea why anyone would assume e above 2 terms cover all kinds of checks? Looks like a case of (a) ill knowledge (b) wrong expectation (c) lazy to self equip with knowledge of e industry standards (d) etc etc etc.

IMHO, I do not see any 'playing or twisting' of words. IMHO again, it does appears to be an ill informed person assuming everything under e sky and expect things to be as what e person assumes.

Lastly just to clarify, I am not an affiliate of MA or have any share of e biz or a friend of M-Nut. Am just speaking as a neutral who read e tread and contribute constructively.

Cheers.

Fair enough baby1M, but when the word "complimentary" is included, it can and does cause a degree of confusion, so I do empathize with the thread starter somewhat....

To be frank, it is obviously your mistake that you didn't state clearly what type of "Checks" is included in the TSP, and what are not. As a consumer, you stated "Complimentary Safety Check" and "General Service Check-up" is included. So of cuz we will assume that all kind of checks is included. And now, you are trying to charge us for the mistake that you have made? Isn't that very ridiculous?

I have a suggestion/action/remedy for you.
1) To absorbed the cost of all these addition checks which you didn't state very clearly when you sold the TSP to consumer.
2) For all future TSP you are selling, please include very clearly what type of checks is included and what are not. Be as specific as possible, so that there won't be any discrepancy like now. It's black and white. Don't expect us to decrypt it, and expect everyone to have a BMW dictionary.

I wouldn't want to end up blowing this out of proportion. Bringing up this to the attention of the highest level at Munich. As well as taking legal action with Munich over this TSP.

M-Nut;906325 said:
Dear Pixelbug and All BMW Owners,

We at Munich Automobiles always try our best to cater to every BMW owners need and we have always done so in a personalized consultative manner. We are very sure many of the BMW-SG Forumers can attest to have received this personalize level of service. We are small and adaptive, all the BMW owner needs to do is to engage us and share with us their suggestions on how the service or packages we offer can be better suited to them. We are however still limited to balance these expectations with business fundamentals but we are always striving for the best middle ground possible so the BMW owner receives a product or service to best fit his or her expectations. In fact, we always strive to exceed those expectations. It is however, not always possible.

The TSP was created as a No Frills 3 visit Service Package with a validity of 3 years, we would change your oil with Castrol EDGE Professional Engine oil, replace with Original only BMW filters and conduct a general check up. It starts from $729 for the package, it also includes $200 Munich Automobiles Voucher, one of which you can use to offset the package price, so $629. That works out to be over three visits, $210 per visit and $100 Munich Automobiles Voucher that can be utilize on other services or products. This package was never marketed as anything other than a value for money Oil Servicing by a BMW Authorized Service Centre. It never claimed that we will reset your error messages or conduct any scope servicing. It was simply a 3 visit Oil Servicing package that is all. If there are BMW owners out there who feel that we should offer more comprehensive checks with the package than we will create the specific package that will do that exactly. We will cost it out, market it accordingly. But it will definitely not be at $210 a visit. So please let us know if you want something different and we custom fit to your exacting needs. I am contactable 24hrs a day, 7 days a week on my personal mobile. PM me if you need it and I will share my contact. Thank you one and all. Good night.

I don't think PixelBug was expecting anything OVER AND ON TOP of the "General Service Check" being free and included. But really, I'm not sure about this, but would there be any situation where a BMW can go in for THREE consecutive checks without the need for any "Standard Scope" or "Vehicle Check" at all? If not, then I think it should be clearly stated to the purchaser.

Clearly, guys at MA are the "experts" and owners are the "laymen". As lay people, we don't know what we don't know - so how to ask what we didn't know in the first place??

I love your p/s quote: "Assumption is Mother of All Fcuk Up. Don't assume when unsure, FFS ask first." And in this case, MA should NOT assume that the customer knows about this "Standard Scope" or "Vehicle Check" thingy being "extra". Should always ask the customer first! Really, randomly poll people on the street and ask them if a service package were bought that includes "General Service Check", and your bill includes "Standard Scope" and "Vehicle Check" - would you expect that to be part of "General Service"? I'm almost certain the majority of people would agree with PixelBug!

One suggestion for MA though.... for Christ sake, couldn't you just rename your "Standard Scope" and "Vehicle Check" to something like "Extra Mileage-base Service Scope" and "Vehicle Alert Check" or something?? Com'on! The word "Standard" and "vehicle check" sounds so vague and it would be reasonable for most lay person to assume it to be part of "General Service Check"!

Baby1M;906338 said:

Cheers.

Damn, I was thinking of bringing my car to Munich. Perhaps for M-car owners the treatment is different because the wallets are deeper.

I have owned two conti-cars before and I do empathize with the TS, MA should clarify the scope of the service upfront.

It's a branding perception - A MA Triple Service Package gives an impression of a premium service when it is actually a no frills quick oil change service. Sets a high expectation with the consumers ...... which the package is not intended for in the first place.

Common sense should have prevailed when the servicing averaged out to $210 and yet one wants a bunch more ........

lkm;906352 said:
I don't think PixelBug was expecting anything OVER AND ON TOP of the "General Service Check" being free and included. But really, I'm not sure about this, but would there be any situation where a BMW can go in for THREE consecutive checks without the need for any "Standard Scope" or "Vehicle Check" at all? If not, then I think it should be clearly stated to the purchaser.

Clearly, guys at MA are the "experts" and owners are the "laymen". As lay people, we don't know what we don't know - so how to ask what we didn't know in the first place??

I love your p/s quote: "Assumption is Mother of All Fcuk Up. Don't assume when unsure, FFS ask first." And in this case, MA should NOT assume that the customer knows about this "Standard Scope" or "Vehicle Check" thingy being "extra". Should always ask the customer first! Really, randomly poll people on the street and ask them if a service package were bought that includes "General Service Check", and your bill includes "Standard Scope" and "Vehicle Check" - would you expect that to be part of "General Service"? I'm almost certain the majority of people would agree with PixelBug!

One suggestion for MA though.... for Christ sake, couldn't you just rename your "Standard Scope" and "Vehicle Check" to something like "Extra Mileage-base Service Scope" and "Vehicle Alert Check" or something?? Com'on! The word "Standard" and "vehicle check" sounds so vague and it would be reasonable for most lay person to assume it to be part of "General Service Check"!

Totally agree with lkm.
Beside MA rep is not trying to save the situation. He is saying there is nothing wrong. You guys go and sleep. He said "good night"

Ultimately, it takes 2 hands or 2 feet to clap :)

to be fair to pixelbug and the other bros who have bought the package, i think most would expect the package should cover the oil change liao and no need to pay anything more.....anything extra should be communicated to them before doing.
just my 2 cents as a layman driver

What is included is good enough. To state what is excluded - 500 page document at least. E.g no tire shine, no free biscuits, no free courtesy car .........

p.s Not related in anyway to MA

PixelBug;906351 said:
To be frank, it is obviously your mistake that you didn't state clearly what type of "Checks" is included in the TSP, and what are not. As a consumer, you stated "Complimentary Safety Check" and "General Service Check-up" is included. So of cuz we will assume that all kind of checks is included. And now, you are trying to charge us for the mistake that you have made? Isn't that very ridiculous?

I have a suggestion/action/remedy for you.
1) To absorbed the cost of all these addition checks which you didn't state very clearly when you sold the TSP to consumer.
2) For all future TSP you are selling, please include very clearly what type of checks is included and what are not. Be as specific as possible, so that there won't be any discrepancy like now. It's black and white. Don't expect us to decrypt it, and expect everyone to have a BMW dictionary.

I wouldn't want to end up blowing this out of proportion. Bringing up this to the attention of the highest level at Munich. As well as taking legal action with Munich over this TSP.

Baby1M;906359 said:
Ultimately, it takes 2 hands or 2 feet to clap :)

Agreed! The robber would need a victim to work on, and a scammer would need a dumbass to cheat on. Don't get me wrong - MA is neither. But I think PixelBug is trying to warn us all here so that one hand can start siam'ing when the other wants to slap (or clap)...

...no swee zhar-bor to accompany you during servicing....

Red_Bean_Bun;906362 said:
What is included is good enough. To state what is excluded - 500 page document at least. E.g no tire shine, no free biscuits, no free courtesy car .........

i felt that if the entity is really customer oriented will alway think of the consumer stand when they try to sell a product/package. 以人为本
this case, they sell a product not ensuring the customer understand the package is profit oriented.

although I agreed with Baby1M but I also feel that MA is not customer oriented.

the way they sell the package is just open to misunderstand/misperception especially to a layman like me.

I've already said to state clearly what type of "checks" is not included only. Tire shine, biscuits consider checks?

At one end you tell me that "General Service Checks" is included, and at the other end you suddenly tell me "oh.....forgot to tell you that not all checks is included". Isn't that very contradicting?

Red_Bean_Bun;906362 said:

Hendra already signed off 'Good Night'... So everyone pls go slp like a baby... tmr when u wake up u will have a fresh brand new day...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77betink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back