All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

dcs2k;599432 said:
attachment.php

check ot 3d design upcoming launch for the front spolier!

this will prevent u from entering many carparks! LOL

Every time I turn my air conditioning on after parking a few hours the initial blast of air smells weird... Kinda like wet socks... What's going on?!

PewPewPew;600018 said:
Every time I turn my air conditioning on after parking a few hours the initial blast of air smells weird... Kinda like wet socks... What's going on?!

Air con filter mouldy ?

Red_Bean_Bun;600027 said:
Air con filter mouldy ?

But if it is a new car, so fast???

cheers

Nv drive for 3months cos out of town... Now then really get into the groove of breaking it in... AirCon smelly like sweat!!!

few qns also
1) saw an E89 with rear centre brake lights sticking up above the boot line... is this a mod? mine is flush
2) windscreen wiper - looks like the old reticulated type... is it possible to change to the single piece? sorry dunno whats the terminology
3) wiper sensors - on the 23 z4 seems like its not really a sensor... on my audi... there is a sensor that literally senses the amount of rain on the wind screen and dynamically alters the speed of the wipers...

PewPewPew;600052 said:
few qns also
1) saw an E89 with rear centre brake lights sticking up above the boot line... is this a mod? mine is flush
2) windscreen wiper - looks like the old reticulated type... is it possible to change to the single piece? sorry dunno whats the terminology
3) wiper sensors - on the 23 z4 seems like its not really a sensor... on my audi... there is a sensor that literally senses the amount of rain on the wind screen and dynamically alters the speed of the wipers...

my rain sensor ok....................maybe you may wanna send in to PML to check or is it need to do some programming???

cheers

raidengear thank you very much ah. gf doesnt like says very beng though lol

pewpewpew to your question 1, the higher rear brake light is a kit from 3d design!

dcs2k;600100 said:
raidengear thank you very much ah. gf doesnt like says very beng though lol

pewpewpew to your question 1, the higher rear brake light is a kit from 3d design!

A very subtle beng-y touch to a refined car hahahaha, classy if you ask me :p

PewPewPew;600052 said:
few qns also

Regarding the sensor, i believe theres a module behind the rear view mirror (facing outside of course).

If i'm not wrong it's more of a light dependent module, so means if anything is very near or blocking the sensor, it will activate the wipers. However from my observations, i think there's some sort of speed adjustment to the wiper according to how short or long the interval of the rain hitting the sensor, but it sure isn't as effective as other brands like the Merc and audis.

I think solely cause it has only one sensor to do the job.

Yeh for some reason the sensors on my audi seem more advanced... Detects the amount of rain and adjusts the speed accordingly. For the z4 seems like it only moderates with 2 speeds - fast when u are moving and slow when u are stationary

Maybe to be clear:
Audi- speed is variable
Z4 - 2 speeds. Stationary and moving ( can toggle higher or lower)

JasonKuan;599402 said:
Interested in doing the 3D diffuser, anyone interested to do it together?

hey mate.. have you done up your 3D diffuser yet? any chance you could tell me where u did it at? and how much did u do it for?

many thanks!

oh man, my car just stalled on me just after leaving a car park. Scary and weird at the same time. Anyone experienced this before?

RaidenGear;600815 said:
oh man, my car just stalled on me just after leaving a car park. Scary and weird at the same time. Anyone experienced this before?

Mine stalled after going into a main road (Holland Road). Car was sitting across 2 lanes perpendiculiarly to the direction of traffic - Brings the essence of "fast hand ...fast leg" to a new level (re-start engine) - for survival.

RaidenGear;600815 said:

once or twice for me...............

cheers

Red_Bean_Bun;600852 said:
Mine stalled after going into a main road (Holland Road). Car was sitting across 2 lanes perpendiculiarly to the direction of traffic - Brings the essence of "fast hand ...fast leg" to a new level (re-start engine) - for survival.
wah, must have been damn scary ah! I kinda feel that the first gear for this auto tranny abit weird. The transition from 1st to 2nd gear abit jerky when going off from parking

PewPewPew;600134 said:
Maybe to be clear:
Audi- speed is variable
Z4 - 2 speeds. Stationary and moving ( can toggle higher or lower)
Hmm, did u use the auto mode for the wipers? The speed varied for me when i turned the auto mode on

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IT Experts Solutions Limi
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back