Allan Wu's traffic offence

Re: Allan Wu's traffic offence

Pls share with us your speeding ticket experience, which hot spot for beemers to look out for ?

lcchu said:
Pls share with us your speeding ticket experience, which hot spot for beemers to look out for ?

thanks for your info.

as for me, the most unexpected place i've seen them at is orchard boulevard, the stretch of road from four seasons to camden medical centre...

a friend of mine warned me about lornie road's camera. they normally parked in an unmarked van and park in front of the bus stop. Guess what, they almost caught him at 7am on sunday morning.

Another place you should be careful is the overhead bridge in front of harbour front or WTC. The speed limit is either 70 or 80km only. TP normally parks on one of the section of the bride or the downslope heading into ECP. I saw them there around 8-8:30am in the morning a few times.

As ground rule, if they are back with their camera, you need to be careful when you go down slope. I hate to break in down slope, but I guess I have no choice.

Lastly, there is one time on ECP near changi airport where there is a long straight road, I was followed by a TP volvo. I was speeding up towards 100km/hr and suddently I saw them on my tail out of no where. Once I slowed down back to 90 km/hr, the volvo exited to Bedok.
So, my guess is that they were waiting for me to exceed 100km/hr and book me.

Kim Seng road overhead bridge, Great World city outside there, mobile laser trap.

louis said:
thanks for your info.

as for me, the most unexpected place i've seen them at is orchard boulevard, the stretch of road from four seasons to camden medical centre...

These days, I look hard at every pedestrain overhead from long range for stationary people on them.

This week spotted 2.

One chap with camera at Upper Bukit Timah abeam Courts checking southbound traffic. He locked onto to me and I think I was at 70 in a 60 kph road.....keeping fingers crossed.

The other was on PIE on the overhead between Paya Lebar and Eunos.

Looks like they are everywhere. LOL

Yeah
Year end bonus thingy....Govt needs money to pay the civil servants.

We should have a new Catergory on this portal called "Speed Traps"...there we can list trap spots and time/date....

What d'ya think?

It sounds good but must be in the members area. There is a thread already there...

talk about they are everywhere....
they are even at Sentosa, can you frigging believe it?
the ticket counter lady was a champ, she reminded "Speed limit 40 kph hor!" didn't think too much of it but kept to speed limit anyway. Lo and behold along the straight stretch after the causeway.. with tripod and all.

Mav said:
Dun bluff.... Your penalty is for 20-30 km/h above speed limit.... :p

keep to 80kph is still save so far for Adam road!

btw dun need to wait for letter, go EDDS, the record will be in faster than the mail!

Saw Allan and LiLin yesterday evening.
Think she's gonna have a baby again!

Yes, it's a boy this time. Info from 8 days.

ECP towards city at 3 km mark. TP fav ambush spot.

Should we protest for being booked for exceedeing speed limit on downslope stretch ? I think in Malaysia they are more "fair", as far as I remeber most speed trap set up almost right after the speed limit sign board, once tried to argue with the officer, he said you should have seen the sign board........

m3magic said:
Kim Seng road overhead bridge, Great World city outside there, mobile laser trap.

siao liao, siao liao....

they're camped out at all the spots i frequent.... basket, must be a conspiracy. i shall stop pumping V-power

M3Magic is rite... I kena along Kim Seng Road, time was about 11.20am on a weekday. That stretch of road leading to Zouk has a speed limit of 50kmh!!! Can u believe that? IMO, shld be at least 60kmh. Was late for an interview that faithful day and was caught 'speeding' at 75kmh while attempting to overtake.

Yep, seen them once. On the right side of the road just after passing four seasons hotel! Two snipers wearing protective vest sitting and hiding behind a tree aiming at the rears of speeding vehicles. Usually at night.

So next time when you turn out from borders joining the main road, dont FLOOR IT hor. I like to do that in order to overtake and get to the center lane since the right two lanes are for turning to intercontinental. Cops like to setup ambush for spots like this.

louis said:
thanks for your info.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back