Alpine BMW HIFI upgrade kit

Re: Alpine BMW HIFI upgrade kit

Sethos;479350 said:
hi, can i check with u guys after installing the alpine system, does the steering control still works???

thks

You are only replacing speakers and adding an amp. Of course the steering controls will work.

pengful;479370 said:
You are only replacing speakers and adding an amp. Of course the steering controls will work.

oh, what i wish to find out was have anyone install alpine player and still managed to retain the steering control.

Hi Sethos, We can help you install an alpine cd-player and same time retain your steering wheel controls..you might to dropby our workshop for a more detailed discussion.

Thanks.

Regards,
Kelvin@SOUNDWERKZ

Hi Bros,

I did my alpine BMW HIFI upgrade kit few months ago in kampong Arang Road. When my E90 is in motion, there is a "friction" sound coming from right side of the driver's door near the tweeter speaker. It is very irritating but unfortunately I still dont have the time for send in for check up.

Wondering any bros out there faces similar problem with the Alpine BMW HIFI installation in kampong Arang or Alexandra?

Just call and found out from PML that Alpine BMW HIFI set comes with 2 years warranty.

Cheers!

Fatcheeks

Marcus45;481456 said:
Hi Bros,

I did my alpine BMW HIFI upgrade kit few months ago in kampong Arang Road. When my E90 is in motion, there is a "friction" sound coming from right side of the driver's door near the tweeter speaker. It is very irritating but unfortunately I still dont have the time for send in for check up.

Wondering any bros out there faces similar problem with the Alpine BMW HIFI installation in kampong Arang or Alexandra?

Just call and found out from PML that Alpine BMW HIFI set comes with 2 years warranty.

Cheers!

Fatcheeks

I did mine at kampong Arang and was the first guinea pig there - i do not face that problem.

Hi folks,

I'm dekitting my ride soon and are letting go of my Alpine BMW HiFi Kit. It was install this year end-June. Btw, my ride is E90 thus the tweeter holder only suits the E90 window frame. I will reccomend my previous ICE installer to do the dekit and install together.

PM me for offer and else I will post at WTS folder soon.

murphys33;481458 said:
I did mine at kampong Arang and was the first guinea pig there - i do not face that problem.

I thought i was the unfortunate first guinea pig, because the service advisor was trying to charge me GST for the KIT which i paid for it in Alexandra. Best part is they got to ask 3 departments to confirm GST was paid for. Moreover, i believe the service advisor attended to me is quite "old bird".

Anyway, will find time and ask PML to check..

Hi All

I am considering to buy this option from PML (using my 30% accessories discount coupon). Was quoted $14++ for the option (including labour of around $300).

Is there anyone with this upgrade installed willing to meet up for a "Listening test"? Would like to listen to the difference before I commit.

I am not an audiophile...just wanna improve the stock system.

I stay in Sengkang and work around Ubi.....

any kind bros out there please PM me.

Regards
Wai Yip

pulling up a old thread - but you can now order it from denmark for USD 522 shipped to your doorstep.

Schmiedmann - Search - New parts - page 1

Im gonna get my new ride ( '06 320i ) from the dealer soon and might order from the website and get it installed locally.

cheers
WT

wtneo;653809 said:
pulling up a old thread - but you can now order it from denmark for USD 522 shipped to your doorstep.

Schmiedmann - Search - New parts - page 1

Im gonna get my new ride ( '06 320i ) from the dealer soon and might order from the website and get it installed locally.

cheers
WT

Many bros installed this set from PML but later sold it. Heard that the improvements were mediocre. Why not consider other upgrade kits?

Peterpan;653876 said:
Picture is not very clear. What does the kit consist of?

its the same kit as the one PML selling.

pengful;653883 said:
Many bros installed this set from PML but later sold it. Heard that the improvements were mediocre. Why not consider other upgrade kits?

thats a good idea! ...but do they need extensive tuning to match the build-in sound system?

WT

I just upgraded mine to Alpine for almost S$1.5k. My songs selection are limited to Jazz and vocal which I find noticable improvement after the kit is installed. I can imagine it'll get slightly smoother after the speaker has broken in after 15 hours of listening. However, the D-class amplifier that comes with this kit seem to sound harsher than the regular MOSFET amps though I can be wrong to point my finger at the amp. The transient seems sharper than the regular ones which results in fatique after just 30 mins of listening. It is still acceptable, just a point to note.

As the kit does not include the rear speaker, the sound from the rear is now inadequate. Does any brother knows of a good multi-way speaker replacement with good crossovers and amplifiers that compliments the alpine kit well? Appreciate any advice.

Goddesszilla;654743 said:
I just upgraded mine to Alpine for almost S$1.5k. My songs selection are limited to Jazz and vocal which I find noticable improvement after the kit is installed. I can imagine it'll get slightly smoother after the speaker has broken in after 15 hours of listening. However, the D-class amplifier that comes with this kit seem to sound harsher than the regular MOSFET amps though I can be wrong to point my finger at the amp. The transient seems sharper than the regular ones which results in fatique after just 30 mins of listening. It is still acceptable, just a point to note.

As the kit does not include the rear speaker, the sound from the rear is now inadequate. Does any brother knows of a good multi-way speaker replacement with good crossovers and amplifiers that compliments the alpine kit well? Appreciate any advice.

for good setup in car, recommend only use front speaker - set fade to full front and listen. things should improve by leaps.

chershen;654745 said:
for good setup in car, recommend only use front speaker - set fade to full front and listen. things should improve by leaps.

hi

did anyone upgrade their under seat subs to say sws-8 in conjunction with the Alpine sound upgrades? any feedbacks?

cheers

i'm also looking to do the apline upgrade, has anybody done it at MA? I did take a look at the instruction manual and there's quite a bit of wire cutting and joining... not sure if i should send to PML

detach8;724260 said:
i'm also looking to do the apline upgrade, has anybody done it at MA? I did take a look at the instruction manual and there's quite a bit of wire cutting and joining... not sure if i should send to PML

Are you doubtful of PML or MA. Maybe you can try TWM. Their workers should be very free now.

i spent $1.2k (joy promo, another reason i chose to do it) upgrade to alpine. i could have done the same with soundwerkz with better option and performance.
the biggest disadvantage of this alpine upgrade is when you turn on, the rear speaker sound first and then 2-3 secs later the front speaker on creating a sudden loud sound.

anyway, warranty is the most tricky part. when car got problem, it's convenience for pml argues because audio system upgrade that touch the headunit that somewhat controls everything. so, i got no choice but to upgrade with oem, regardless pml or munich capabilities.

if you dont want to worry about if your engine or car got perculiar problem and when pml need to plug in diagnostic to your ecu and blame is ICE upgrade, stay with oem upgrade regardless pml capabilities. i think they are ok at least they have installed many units and cut many wires liao :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubet77fashion
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back