An Unbiased Review of Sin Wee Chuan (aka Mike)

Re: An Unbiased Review of Sin Wee Chuan (aka Mike)

hey MW,
hi, i would like to check how much you want you pay for black to white,
i am driving a 2007 E60 , thinking of changing to white.
if it is not con to post on this thread, pls pm me...

and in your opinion, is it better to spray the whole thing, or just a coat of paint over the current paint.

pls any bimmers can help to chip some ideas.

thanks

robing888;711638 said:
hey MW,
hi, i would like to check how much you want you pay for black to white,
i am driving a 2007 E60 , thinking of changing to white.
if it is not con to post on this thread, pls pm me...

and in your opinion, is it better to spray the whole thing, or just a coat of paint over the current paint.

pls any bimmers can help to chip some ideas.

thanks

Its a major job, so u cannot just coat white over the black..can't stick. SWC will scrap off most of the black paint and then prime the metal to be sprayed white or watever colour u want. I saw briefly how they did it but did not have the heart to see further cos painful to watch..u will know one lah..hurhur

Anyway, total cost excluding any change of parts or wear and tear stuff..just pure respray, u are looking at about 3k but thats March 2011 pricing..maybe now higher cos taxi fare increased..irrelevant

White colour will yellow. My 2008 Alphine white seems to have yellowed. And I usually park under the shade.

Just had my bumpers sprayed two weeks ago. Bumpers now whiter than body.

Has a 1-metre vandalised scratch on bonnet. Workshop not willing to respray only bonnet. Said the colour difference will be very obvious and awful.

yah tats the risk with White. If never take care, will turn yellowish abit depending on how u look at it

senocs;710332 said:
Bros, intererestingly :

I went to both SWC and Angie and asked for a quote for respray whole car.
Angie wasn;t around, so their other older guy quoted me.

In the end it turns Yew Lip's quote was quite a lot higher than SWC's quote.
Does this make sense ?
I thot Angie's price is usually more competitve ?

hi bros, dont mind me asking. I already got quotes from swc and yew lip.
are there any other recommended respray shops I should also get a quote from ? I'd like to get a few more quotes, thanks.

hi bros, dont mind me asking. I already got quotes from swc and yew lip.
are there any other recommended respray shops I should also get a quote from ? I'd like to get a few more quotes, thanks.

Try ADSM and Juzz Colours

Compare apple vs apple, compare quotes for full spray (means engine dismount blah blah blah)......

Green apple or red apple nicer?

Pineapple......

If you are changing colour or going for a full body spray (interiors), go for those who knows our car, example Mike SWC. You don't really want someone who strips your engine out from your BMW like he is doing a Kangoo..... save $500 but later realise things are not sorted properly.

or the engine he puts in the boot and say Lambo and Ferrari also like tat one but tell you, u also dun know

Dun change color of your car..risk being suspected of having major accident...MW say one..

or recently went for a swim ... like duck-tour

zorro;712738 said:
Dun change color of your car..risk being suspected of having major accident...MW say one..

I also have an unbiased review of Mike. I went there on recommendations about how good he was. But it was a bad experience.

People who are trying to decide whether to send their car to Mike should think twice - don't let this thread give you the wrong impression that you will be guaranteed quality and satisfaction.

I left the same comments on another thread comparing SWC and Yew Lip.

Here was my experience:

I sent my car to SWC recently. Sprayed whole car.

When I first sent it to Mike, he showed professionalism, picking up even the slightest misalignment under poor lighting condition. When I asked whether he can give me a better price, he admits he charges more but says guaranteed quality - not just knock and spray, he will realign properly etc.

But after the job was done, it was a different story.

First, he did not repair the same misalignment he pointed out. On top of that, he told me its very minor, said it can't be perfect. In fact, the misalignment was exactly the same as before. He did not even fix it. When he eventually agreed to do it, he said 2 -3 days and I realised he outsourced it. I.e. he outsourced it and didn't do quality control.

Secondly, he did not do a good job. The car gave a warning signal after I left the workshop, and had to go back again. They found that they replace back the computer system and wiring properly. Took another couple of days. After that, there was another problem with another one of the parts he replaced and we had to bring it in again, and he claims its not his responsibility even though that problem only happened almost immediately after leaving his workshop and he replaced the relevant parts. All in all, we brought the car in total of 3 times - each time have to leave the car there another few days. Plus the inconvenience of making multiple trips.

Thirdly, there was some parts where the paint job was abit patchy. Not entirely satisfactory. Again, he just waved it off.

It's unfortunate that u are one of the few who got supposedly bad service from SWC. Hope you get the imperfections done up soon and thanks for the honest feedback..

BUT...how is that you recommend Yew Lip in the other thread without even doing your car there and only based on what she told you n your observations?

You did say Mike showed professionalism when you first went to him, no?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taixiugo88club
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back