Another Ridiculous Experience @ PML

Re: Another Ridiculous Experience @ PML

This may not be a direct fault of PML but Im still gonna gripe here anyway:

Sent my X5 for the 1st service 2 days back and mentioned a frictional feedback on my steering whenever I turn right down a slope. Issue was readily recognized by the technical and service advisors. However, their response was that this is an inherent issue with the batch of X5 and they have written to Germany as long as 3 yrs back when they first encountered this and hv yet to receive any solution, and there will probably not be one. From our exchange, it seems I'm supposed to accept this as a inherent characteristic instead of fault of the model and what infuriated me further is that I have to insist for the service advisor to include this in the records instead of sweeping under the blanket.

On another smaller issue, I was expecting a taxi voucher or booking after I dropped off the car and the receptionist gave me a blank look instead. This came as a surprise becos they had asked me if I needed a taxi booking when I booked my service appointment. Why ask when you are not gonna act on it? Maybe im expecting too much but taxi vouchers are also a given at their good neighbor next door =[

Last edited by a moderator:

taxi voucher or booking after I dropped off the car

Welcome to PML service!! Taxi booking only bro. The reception will only dial a cab for you (as though you don't have a phone) or trying to help you save some tel bills..that's all. You pay for the ride..bro.

I was shocked too initially having driven a Toyota. At least Borneo Motors send u to the nearest MRT (free of charge). Jeep use to send me directly back to my office in their Jeeps.
And Premium Motors (Audi) call a cab and pay for your taxi ride (in the past ..not sure now).

Pay for your own ride - That's what you get for choosing the Ultimate Driving Machine...haha.

sigh....i dont mind a booking but pls coordinate at least with the service appmt team on such bookings.

i was just under the impression that a booking would have been arranged readily even without my asking if this has been requested upon their query earlier.

yeah audi n benz are better in this aspect =]

To end off this great year, I would like to wish Pee Am Elle and Bee Am W Asia for maintainting their pathetic and fucked after-sales to all customers. Hopefully 2011 will knock some sense into the idiots managing the after-sales and improve it. :sneaky: All sitting with their thumbs in their asses just looking at sales figures. Sooner or later, it will be outlived. Ho Ho Ho...

Like your avatar..can you attach the full video clip...need to see some nuts.

zorro;598782 said:
Like your avatar..can you attach the full video clip...need to see some nuts.

Sometimes Sneak Previews are more hardon that seeing the full clip. You mihght not want to ruin that. :whipper:

after spending months followg thru ths thread.... 1 thg come to my mind only .... Pray hard everyday to Ti Gon must Po Pi Po Pi my BMW wont spoilt so easy :roll:

wrote them a feedback and suggestion which their customer relations officer responded within the same day, will see how their aftersales depmt handles my car issue going forward.

if taxi vouchers are issued to all in future, i must be thanked haha

Ya. me also encounter problem with my E65.
servicing at east coast centre. was told my brake pad have to be change. so if you say have to change then i change.
1 month later EEeing sound came so went to perfomance centre (alenxanda ).
they say disc have to be change due the the pad and the disc .so i changed to resolve this issue as the EEeeing sound is very the loud upon coming to a stop . imagine the whole world is looking at you at the traffic light seeing this bmw is braking so hard until the EEE sound come out.
promise 2 day to deliever resulting 3rd day then can collect. Waste of time

2 weeks later EEeeing sound appear. told me they have to see what was the issue and was not know how long it will take to resolve this. and i ask they if they have car to spare as i can leave there for 1 week if you can spare me a car to drive. as its was not my problem. they reply with yes our company have car to rent but the cost you have to bear. what a sh*t service was this. i have been driving for yrs and never encounter this EEeesing sound in c&c nor japan car.
Their service ......... sucks

*Pat pat* bro, welcome to the club of the Robert Carrot Top heads.... I'm the president, you can be the VP :)

wobbles;874108 said:
*Pat pat* bro, welcome to the club of the Robert Carrot Top heads.... I'm the president, you can be the VP :)

lol:errr:
their service are like the car nowdays

Nothing unusual about your experience.

This is the PML standard. Didn't you hear of the case of somebody paying $50 just to register a PML Battery Warranty?

MapleLeaf;874841 said:
Nothing unusual about your experience.

This is the PML standard. Didn't you hear of the case of somebody paying $50 just to register a PML Battery Warranty?

its all about the money ....
but sometime money pay ready and thing dun worth that value . problem still exists.

This happens when the car brand is very popular. Too many cars and they couldn't cope. I also love to complain about pml alot until I read the VAGSG forum about Volkswagen Centre Singapore..... now I start to appreciate pml a bit more...

Should complain to CASE about this ......

sugi;557512 said:
Hi friends

Just would like to share my recent experience at PML Kp Arang service centre.

Last week my E65 DSC light came up which related to ABS and other short of things error sign came up.
Very worried as it is related to brakes, without further delay i detour to PML service centre.

There greeted to male service sales.
He says confirm my DSC ECU is gone and need to be change. That would cost about $4K+.
Since i am changing new DSC, he need to check when was my last software upgrade.
Reason is new DSC may not adapt to old software and there could be another error message upon replacement.

He look at his computer and says my last software upgrade is 2008 and i need to get the software upgraded.

Finally the best and most ridiculous statement from PML staff:

Since you are upgrading your software, your CCC (Computer onboard stuff) will crash as it is not compatible with new software. You need change to new CCC. :huhhuh:
That would estimate total cost at least $10K, he claim he has done similiar repair to another E65/E66 pointing to the car outside which has just been repaired. WTF :biggun: I pity the owner being ripped by PML. :verysad:

I challenge him how can such things happen where it is disadvantage to consumer.
I brought an example about my notebook computer where i upgrade from Window vista to Windows 7 and i do not need to change my note book.

He replies, no choice BMW design their car in such way. There is a life span for software and CCC. What The F. Sorry very piss off when i relate to the incident..

I think PML is trying to make customer look stupid into believing their words. Some people fall for their scam. Luckily i have little knowledge about electronics.
This incident make me realize PML is bunch of idiotic people without knowledge.

Today i have done my repair of DSC replacement outside. Device cost is about $1000 with software reflash and installation i paid $1400. Way much cheaper of 4K which i was quoted or more than $10K, if i fall for their scam.

Today i pledge and swear.......good bye PML

In my next car which i am aiming to get 535 F10, i will definitely get from PI.

I have drop email to BMW asia on this matter and earlier problem i had at PML alexandra during my service.
This may not change the fact of PML but i would like to share the most ridiculous statement of changing your car CCC due to software upgrade.

Cheers guys. ;)

satinGHOST|r!der;593236 said:
What shit solution is that? You just need an alignment unless your tires have been flat spotted. Take it outside to a good alignment shop. I highly recommend Kian Teong at Sin Ming Autocare basement floor. Look for Mike. He will be able to solve it for you if your tires are fine.

i heard that many times... so, i went there to do alignment (previous ride) and straight to inspection. passed inspection, but somehow din feel right... so did alignment elsewhere and found the back angled right and front angled left. it definitely went straight but at the cost of the tyres. very shocking to me.

service was friendly though.

wobbles;874108 said:

Robert Carrot Top send in for the issue again.........................................

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88onlineclub
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back