Any Battery brands to recommend?

lime888

HI all,

My battery on my e90 is coming to its 4th year mark soon. Still works fine though. Thanks to a volt stab I guess. But i am looking around for a brand new replacement just to be on a safe side. Well, I am not into ICE. Any recommendations of any brand? Anyone went back to PML to replace a stock battery? Whats the cost by the way?

I have a quick check with one of the workshops and they mentioned that a Battery replacement would render a re-programming of certain ECU functions. Is that true?

Pse advise. :ehhh:

Re: Any Battery brands to recommend?

lime888;541632 said:
HI all,

My battery on my e90 is coming to its 4th year mark soon. Still works fine though. Thanks to a volt stab I guess. But i am looking around for a brand new replacement just to be on a safe side. Well, I am not into ICE. Any recommendations of any brand? Anyone went back to PML to replace a stock battery? Whats the cost by the way?

I have a quick check with one of the workshops and they mentioned that a Battery replacement would render a re-programming of certain ECU functions. Is that true?

Pse advise. :ehhh:
Suggest you have the battery tested out asap cos it may break down without any warning. PML is selling the stock battery around $300+ .

You can try out Varta AGM, may be a little more expensive, but so far very reliable even with heavy electrical load.

Your workshop is talking rubbish. Maybe what he meant was if your battery dies off, you may have to reset certain programming

Thanks for the Prompt reply. Yap i got a quote for this Varta batt at 230 and another brand named Boliden. Anyone used this before?

----------
----------

Last edited by a moderator:

Just curious, is our stock battery under warrenty if we fall within PML 3years warrenty?

*sorry for asking this stupid question, just getting clarity.

lime888;541676 said:
Thanks for the Prompt reply. Yap i got a quote for this Varta batt at 230 and another brand named Boliden. Anyone used this before?

Make sure the spec is identical to original else it will complicate future troubleshootings. This is the advice from PML SA.

Went to Autobac for a free battery check last week and still going strong after 3years and 8months. I will definately change back to original from PML since it is so lasting.

wolf73;541687 said:
Just curious, is our stock battery under warrenty if we fall within PML 3years warrenty?

*sorry for asking this stupid question, just getting clarity.
yes under warranty. 3 yrs or 70,000km.

Somehow the stock battery from factory is damn lasting, I have mine for 5 years still strong went I sold my car.

So, is the factory battery, Absorbent Glass Mat? If yes, it is supposed to be so as it is Deep Cycle Battery.

Yap come to think if it.Since the Stock batt is so lasting and it cost just a little more than OEM ones and together with its 3years warranty. I my as well replace mine at PML.

if you buy a new battery for BMW, you will NEED to register it (usually with dealer) or it will fail prematurely

E92-Lighting;553285 said:
if you buy a new battery for BMW, you will NEED to register it (usually with dealer) or it will fail prematurely

ya that is what they told me but i'm still running on MIDAC battery for about 3 years now, nothing happen.

gadaffi;553645 said:
ya that is what they told me but i'm still running on MIDAC battery for about 3 years now, nothing happen.

battery drain seems to be a bigger issue for the E60 and also E65/E66 models

E92-Lighting;553672 said:
battery drain seems to be a bigger issue for the E60 and also E65/E66 models

in that case owner should get a bigger capacity battery.

An SA at PML recommended that I change my battery when I brought my E65 for something else. My jaws dropped when he told me that the replacement battery would cost a whopping $680!

According to the SA (at Kg Arang) the E65 battery is very different from the rest of the batteries and is therefore very expensive. Still very skeptical about this so holding back on the battery change.

Any bros has any thoughts on this?

Thanks

My sister 320i broke down yesterdae while driving to school and called up PML. Dead batt after 3 years onli.

change on the stop by the guy....paid $280 include GST.

brandonng;600024 said:
My sister 320i broke down yesterdae while driving to school and called up PML. Dead batt after 3 years onli.

change on the stop by the guy....paid $280 include GST.

Hi, $280 sounds about right. Btw, Is your sister driving the E46? What was the amperage of the batteries that was changed. Was it 110A ?. Thanks!

Anybody changed the E65 (730i) battery battery with PML before? Can anybody tell me why it costs $680? I understand that my car's electrical requirements are high, but $680 for a car battery seems a bit too pricey

Cheers!

what i can say is that S$ 680 is crazy for a normal type of battery unless it is a AGM. How many years PML warranty for the battery change?

gadaffi;600138 said:
what i can say is that S$ 680 is crazy for a normal type of battery unless it is a AGM. How many years PML warranty for the battery change?

Thanks for reply, some questions wrt AGM batts

1. Do you mean $680 is a reasonable price for an AGM battery?

2. What is the typical warranty one can expect for an AGM battery?

rgds

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
6king88top

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back