Any Battery brands to recommend?

Re: Any Battery brands to recommend?

davidtch;627075 said:
What kind of battery better than AGM?

Nothing beats AGM in terms of lifetime & weight but the 2-3x cost can be a significant factor for consideration when weighing out the overall cost vs benefit of replacing the factory installed AGM. The VRLA class of batteries of which AGM also is classified under are generally long lasting & deliver superior performance. I was looking at it from a cost vs performance point of view. Having a higher Amp output regular VRLA battery may outperform the lower output factory AGM though PML will tell you it'll void the warranty. Who cares when my car is already almost 5 years old haha!

There have been reports of alternators being unable to optimally charge AGMs though my original AGM has lasted me nearly 5 years & outlasting my alternator which konked out in 3.5 years.

Divespyder;627110 said:
Nothing beats AGM in terms of lifetime & weight but the 2-3x cost can be a significant factor for consideration when weighing out the overall cost vs benefit of replacing the factory installed AGM. The VRLA class of batteries of which AGM also is classified under are generally long lasting & deliver superior performance. I was looking at it from a cost vs performance point of view. Having a higher Amp output regular VRLA battery may outperform the lower output factory AGM though PML will tell you it'll void the warranty. Who cares when my car is already almost 5 years old haha!

There have been reports of alternators being unable to optimally charge AGMs though my original AGM has lasted me nearly 5 years & outlasting my alternator which konked out in 3.5 years.
For VRLA, it is either Gel or AGM. Is there any other kind of VRLA?

Beside factory installed AGM, there are other AGM in the mkt.

From my experience, BMW stock battery looks exactly the same as normal flood type and they are not using any AGM technology.
There are 3 to 4 brands of battery that are using AGM technology.

gadaffi;627866 said:
From my experience, BMW stock battery looks exactly the same as normal flood type and they are not using any AGM technology.
There are 3 to 4 brands of battery that are using AGM technology.
I think only vehicles with Brake Regenerating is installed with AGM battery. Deep cycle AGM supposed to last 10 yrs. Has any1 u know use up to 10 yrs?

10 years with our climate is impossible, i would say 6 to 7 years with everyday drive.

Hi bro can pm me the price of odyssey battery for my e93..
Thank you..

I replaced my battery at Auto 101 at yishun for $210 nett. Changed to a Bosch S5 battery

The battery warning sign just show up on my BC. How long more before it is totally dead?

And also how does the BC keep track of the battery life?

Bro,where to get better price,can share?

motaRRad;1038181 said:
Hi bro can pm me the price of odyssey battery for my e93..
Thank you..

tolchi;1047430 said:
PM already.

Bro can PM me too.Thanks.Will the shop help to register the battery to the car as well?

I believe there is different AH for batteries. Of cuz the higher the AH, the higher the price. So you do not know $210 is paid for what AH. If 100AH is considered quite cheap.

Btw, for E90, anybody knows what is the standard AH to use?

tolchi;1047415 said:
$210 a bit ex liao.

Here is Munich price list:

70AH - $509 after promotion discount is $432.78
80AH - $572 after promotion discount is $486.83
90AH - $636.40 after promotion discount is $540.94

The above exclude $77 (labour + coding/registering) and GST.

call 62923166 better and cheaper. they even come to where you are to change the battery.

PixelBug;1047546 said:

PixelBug;1047546 said:

base on above prices , outside price is sure lower (but not cheap)
AH is the 1 to lookup for , uses the same or slightly lower or higher is fine.
to me don't need to bother so much about the Cranking CA or CCA , because our climate doesn't really affect the Battery performance , those CA or CCA are usually for COld climate.
remember all those battery need a vent hole at the top side of the battery and just be sure the vent hole are connected and the other hole is ----CLOSED---- or block

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikviprodeo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back