Any Battery brands to recommend?

Re: Any Battery brands to recommend?

CCA is an important spec to follow. It cannot be ignored.

roberttan;1048755 said:
base on above prices , outside price is sure lower (but not cheap)
AH is the 1 to lookup for , uses the same or slightly lower or higher is fine.
to me don't need to bother so much about the Cranking CA or CCA , because our climate doesn't really affect the Battery performance , those CA or CCA are usually for COld climate.
remember all those battery need a vent hole at the top side of the battery and just be sure the vent hole are connected and the other hole is ----CLOSED---- or block

I have been using Varta, very please with the performance vs price

esis311;1049850 said:
I have been using Varta, very please with the performance vs price
Hi,

Can PM your damage and contact please? Also do you know how much aH for a E60 523i? Thanks.

Hi Zincman, how many Ah is your S5? Were they able to do battery registration for you? After testing my batt, Rudra suggested I change after CNY, but now with this added requirement of registration I'm considering may have to go elsewhere. BVO just quoted me $240 for Boliden + $60 (labour & regsitartion) + GST.

Last edited by a moderator:

easy;1057335 said:
How many Ah is your S5? Were they able to do battery registration for you? After testing my batt, Rudra suggested I change after CNY, but now with this added requirement of registration I'm considering may have to go elsewhere. BVO just quoted me $240 for Boliden + $60 (labour & regsitartion) + GST.

Had a boliden once ..... It was a very short relationship.

Whatever the AH is for the new battery - take note of it and code that in as well on top of the registration.

PixelBug;1047522 said:
I believe there is different AH for batteries. Of cuz the higher the AH, the higher the price. So you do not know $210 is paid for what AH. If 100AH is considered quite cheap.

Btw, for E90, anybody knows what is the standard AH to use?

BVO told me is 80 Ah.

Red_Bean_Bun;1057339 said:
Had a boliden once ..... It was a very short relationship.

Whatever the AH is for the new battery - take note of it and code that in as well on top of the registration.

Wah that bad? Coincidentally today 2 bimmer ws I spoke to both installing Boliden & claim it is OEM. Anybody know what the batt brands the other sponsors are using?

Anybody ever experience buying battery from shop of your choice , then go to sponsor ws for registration service? If so how much did they charge?

Other than brand look at the specs - CCA etc.

There are also different types of batteries like AGM etc.

Red_Bean_Bun;1057363 said:
Other than brand look at the specs - CCA etc.

There are also different types of batteries like AGM etc.

Stock is the best.
My stock battery is more than 5 yrs and still running good.

easy;1057335 said:
Hi Zincman, how many Ah is your S5? Were they able to do battery registration for you? After testing my batt, Rudra suggested I change after CNY, but now with this added requirement of registration I'm considering may have to go elsewhere. BVO just quoted me $240 for Boliden + $60 (labour & regsitartion) + GST.

Hi bro, my Bosch S5 is 78 Ah.Not able to do battery registration.i pay 200 for my batt.

Think bro RBB can help you with registration.

Getting confused... change batt need to register and coding??

casper77;1057597 said:
Getting confused... change batt need to register and coding??

If AH rating of new battery the same as the old battery then just register.

Sigh, bimmer maintenance damn jialat, change battery must also jump through hoops ...:errrrrrr:

You need to understand the technology and you will realize why its engineered that way.

Overall ..... It's a good thing - registration etc .....

easy;1057860 said:
Sigh, bimmer maintenance damn jialat, change battery must also jump through hoops ...:errrrrrr:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88prof

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back