Any Bros installed Racechip ultimate before ?

Re: Any Bros installed Racechip ultimate before ?

Last edited by a moderator:

The key issue on these piggybacks is NOT the hardwares, but the tuning process based on what you have on your car. The distributor and/or tuner should have the best feedbacks in terms of what cars they have installed on, what are the dyno figures........

most piggybacks available for N20 (ie: x20i and x28i) are pre-tuned based on stock engine specs with their published bhp/nm chart
the tuner/maker don't bother what is installed in the car ie: aftermarket intake, exhaust, etc
local workshop just installed and connect the wires only

kenntona;1023139 said:
The key issue on these piggybacks is NOT the hardwares, but the tuning process based on what you have on your car. The distributor and/or tuner should have the best feedbacks in terms of what cars they have installed on, what are the dyno figures........

So the parameters like AFR for a car with headers/downpipes/CAI is running on the same numbers as one without any mods? Cannot be, right?

i guess pre-tuned piggybacks like KS, Racechip, TMC, etc are best fit for stock setup where tuners make one generic map for their piggyback based on their R&D on stock engines ... ie: piggyback x20i and piggyback x28i

i guess complication and peculiar problems "arise" when pre-tuned piggybacks run on modded car ie: headers/downpipes/CAI/exhaust, etc

kenntona;1023141 said:
So the parameters like AFR for a car with headers/downpipes/CAI is running on the same numbers as one without any mods? Cannot be, right?

since you mentioned about headers/downpipes/CAI

if these items were replaced with aftermarket components, wouldn't the stock ECU would have AFR issues?
if this is true, these components should not be upgraded if the ECU is not "upgraded" to meet the changes
local workshop will advise just by putting these mods, there is be bhp/nm gain.
but why? since stock ECU work the same way although these components were upgraded (especially for headers and downpipes)
but i accept the fact that although stock ECU work the same way (same power output), but these components minimize power loss especially for downpipes (ie: stock downpipes are restrictive)

wt_know said:
since you mentioned about headers/downpipes/CAI

if these items were replaced with aftermarket components, wouldn't the stock ECU would have AFR issues?
if this is true, these components should not be upgraded if the ECU is not "upgraded" to meet the changes
local workshop will advise just by putting these mods, there is be bhp/nm gain.
but why? since stock ECU work the same way although these components were upgraded (especially for headers and downpipes)

The gains on these hardwares are very minimal, given that the parameters in the ECU is untouched. For instance, installing headers/downpipes on a stock car can help exhaust flows (breathe the engine), but not a 20+ % bhp gains like playing around with air-fuel ratios.

The stock ECU's and pre-tuned piggyback map adapts to mods but the gain will not be much, probably several to tens of hp. To maximize the gain, you will need a reputable workshop to tune for you.

i guess the tuner for pre-tuned piggyback will think even their MAP is pre-tuned, the changes of headers/downpipes/CAI would not have a significant impact on their tune as these hardware gain is very minimal.

hence, the pre-tuned air-fuel-ratio is within the "safety" juice-up level based on stock engine which they have tested in their lab or backyard :lol:

kenntona;1023147 said:
The gains on these hardwares are very minimal, given that the parameters in the ECU is untouched. For instance, installing headers/downpipes on a stock car can help exhaust flows (breathe the engine), but not a 20+ % bhp gains like playing around with air-fuel ratios.

if the pre-tuned piggyback really deliver the +50bhp & +70Nm as what they published in their chart for x28i (20% up from stock)
that's a HUGE gains on stock ECU liao ... more than enough to forget the headers/downpipes/CAI gains

M-Noobie;1023149 said:
The stock ECU's and pre-tuned piggyback map adapts to mods but the gain will not be much, probably several to tens of hp. To maximize the gain, you will need a reputable workshop to tune for you.

wt_know said:
i guess the tuner for pre-tuned piggyback will think even their MAP is pre-tuned, the changes of headers/downpipes/CAI would not have a significant impact on their tune as these hardware gain is very minimal.

hence, the pre-tuned air-fuel-ratio is within the "safety" juice-up level based on stock engine which they have tested in their lab or backyard

Not the case for turbo cars......

wt_know;1023152 said:
if the pre-tuned piggyback really deliver the +50bhp & +70Nm as what they published in their chart for x28i (20% up from stock)
that's a HUGE gains on stock ECU liao ... more than enough to forget the headers/downpipes/CAI gains

The default maps of most of these piggybacks do deliver the gains they claim (at crank), at the expense of higher fuel grade requirement. To maximize and sustain the power gain (in the hot Singapore weather), you will need a larger/additional intercooler. Without cooling your engine sufficiently, your HP gain quickly drops to a few HP to 20+ HP when your engine gets too hot. IMO, for a naturally aspirated car, its just not worth it in Singapore.

kenntona;1023159 said:
Not the case for turbo cars......

Oh yeah, HP gains can be significant, depends on how much you are willing to spend. Definitely need a reputable workshop to optimize the gain based on your hardware config.

Guys,
Speed Haus is the authorized seller of Racechip TB. We have already installed on several car makes and the dyno performance figures are outstanding, even when compared to other tune boxes. And they are available for all turbo cars from E to F Series!! Please see our thread which we have recently started and feel free to contact us for any queries on the RC TB. Cheers!!

please pm price for f10 520i n20 (include dyno?)

what is the increased in bhp/nm

is there a need to improved the intercooler? as one of the bro mentioned, even though piggyback can deliver the increased bhp/nm, it is quickly negated by hot engine (overheat?)

Speed Haus;1024821 said:
Guys,
Speed Haus is the authorized seller of Racechip TB. We have already installed on several car makes and the dyno performance figures are outstanding, even when compared to other tune boxes. And they are available for all turbo cars from E to F Series!! Please see our thread which we have recently started and feel free to contact us for any queries on the RC TB. Cheers!!

wt_know;1024823 said:
please pm price for f10 520i n20 (include dyno?)

what is the increased in bhp/nm

is there a need to improved the intercooler? as one of the bro mentioned, even though piggyback can deliver the increased bhp/nm, it is quickly negated by hot engine (overheat?)

especially you drive 6k rpm most of the time..................................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

5.5k rpm only .... so i am safe

ac323;1024828 said:
especially you drive 6k rpm most of the time..................................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Alamak , I set my limiter rpm at 6k rpm to light up

Better decrease to 5.5k rpm then

wt_know;1024829 said:
5.5k rpm only .... so i am safe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ko66stream
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back