any F30 owner faced rusted seat frames issue?

Re: any F30 owner faced rusted seat frames issue?

ccc;937607 said:
Try switching to 16" rims and cruise on eco mode at constant 90kmph in the evening without any load except yourself(

anyway, i told my SE about my seat.. he said its ok..surely some seat will rust. sigh.. ask me to tell the servicing side next time when i service...........

any bang table pro here? maybe there's nothing to be done?

speedyj;937568 said:
prompt refill when u reach 50 km to go right? if range reach 0 will the car still let us start? im asking coz this car is v smart. haha..i nv put seatbelt when i reverse when i put to drive it didnt allow me!

Mine prompt when left 60+km .

speedyj;937625 said:
anyway, i told my SE about my seat.. he said its ok..surely some seat will rust. sigh.. ask me to tell the servicing side next time when i service...........

any bang table pro here? maybe there's nothing to be done?

No need to bang table they will do for you just that to them not that urgent as it is only seats rusty.

bro, for us in MY, BMW Malaysai agreed to change the entire seat frames already.

i changed mine, for both front seats, the hinges are okay by now. but not the unders seat. so claiming another set now.

if you are the Sport line owner, do check your centre trim also. there is a huge gap. i also have them changed for me.

bro, for us in MY, BMW Malaysai agreed to change the entire seat frames already.

i changed mine, for both front seats, the hinges are okay by now. but not the unders seat. so claiming another set now.

if you are the Sport line owner, do check your centre trim also. there is a huge gap. i also have them changed for me.

motorknut;937216 said:
so they said they would replace your seat pans, but just repainted them instead? did you check the seat hinges as well, cos those are also affected

Yeah. The agreed "fix" from BMW AG is to pull the seats an treat them. To be fair PML did a decent job and it didnt take too long. They took 4 days and I had a loaner. And thus far no sign of any new rust. Hinges and whole frame were treated. There's a nice dollop of some creamy like substance that looks like petroleum jelly. That doesn't bother me though as long as the rust doesn't show. Anyway before the warranty is up I'll sneak another look and by then if its rusty ill demand new seats.

My other problem now is an intermittent knock with the adaptive steering during left turns over small bumps. Guys are saying a new steering rack may fix it. BMW themselves are now onto version 3 of the steering rack since introduction with the most recent variation issued from nov '12 onwards.

Sure is a car that makes lots of clunky noises but when it works it goes and steers brilliantly.

Plus for the consumption I tend to drive with a rather heavy foot and on my 335i I always safely get to between 485-490 km before the first full warning. And even when I need a 52ltr fill the odo shows about 505-510kms which is fine by me.

340driver said:
Plus for the consumption I tend to drive with a rather heavy foot and on my 335i I always safely get to between 485-490 km before the first full warning. And even when I need a 52ltr fill the odo shows about 505-510kms which is fine by me.

Dude, you are not as heavy footed as you think, if you can sustain almost 500 with one tank. My average was 400.

kenntona;937660 said:
Dude, you are not as heavy footed as you think, if you can sustain almost 500 with one tank. My average was 400.

I humbly defer to your heavier foot :)) I should be quite happy then! Am still waiting for my M Performance PPK from Munich. Will see how that affects the fuel range. BMW keeps delaying...

340driver;937651 said:
Yeah. The agreed "fix" from BMW AG is to pull the seats an treat them. To be fair PML did a decent job and it didnt take too long. They took 4 days and I had a loaner. And thus far no sign of any new rust. Hinges and whole frame were treated. There's a nice dollop of some creamy like substance that looks like petroleum jelly. That doesn't bother me though as long as the rust doesn't show. Anyway before the warranty is up I'll sneak another look and by then if its rusty ill demand new seats.

My other problem now is an intermittent knock with the adaptive steering during left turns over small bumps. Guys are saying a new steering rack may fix it. BMW themselves are now onto version 3 of the steering rack since introduction with the most recent variation issued from nov '12 onwards.

Sure is a car that makes lots of clunky noises but when it works it goes and steers brilliantly.

wah.. got u a loaner?? how did u do tt man.. what did u tell ur SE for he/her to do it for u? mine said wait for next servicing. :(

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zomclub1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back