Any way to remove start/stop function?

Re: Any way to remove start/stop function?

based on many car review website ... start/stop cannot make it .... jerk and vibrate

thankgod;869512 said:
so that means that with the coding, it will remember the last setting.

with this new coding, if i turn ASS off, it will always remember that i want it off ... but ASS can also be turned on as required.

whoa cool!

many thanks!

This feature is what I have. However, once you toggle down to Eco Pro, the ASS will be automatically switched on again and you'll have to manually switch it back off FYI :)

wt_know;869537 said:
based on many car review website ... start/stop cannot make it .... jerk and vibrate

Yah, that's what I heard as well.. Abit no value

haydenhoon;871260 said:
Aceivan, welcome to the dark side. Believe u used to own a Q5??

Ha ha.
Yup, now enjoying f10 more. :p
You from vagsg?

This Start/stop is probably a good function but clearly it's technology has not been perfected yet. I shared in another post that when my car restarted in the ASS mode there was a strong jerk forward and gear change from 1-2 or 2-1 would bring about a jerk forward too. after disabling the ASS mode for nearly 1 mth, the gear shift are somewhat back to normal. this ASS is like a cancer which will spread to other parts of the car

Agree..test drive 528i (and a BMW for my very 1st time) early this year...the engine auto start/stop quickly become an irritation for me within the drive...

i switch off the ASS everytime i drive until i get it reprogramme. However on times i forgot to switch off like this morning, i find the start function is slightly slower, split sec slower than it used to be. I dun know if this is just me or bro having the same feeling after using the ASS for a period of time?

According to the owner's manual, here is how you prevent ASS mode stoping the engine at a brief stop:
"Immediately after the vehicle comes to a standstill, briefly press the brake pedal forcefully. Then press the brake pedal with normal braking force."

Basically, it says, after car has stopped (within one second), you have to kick the break paddle harder. Then, ASS doesn't come into play.

I don't drive a F10 to check this, but you guys can check and let me know if it works.

Bandu

Not sure why bmw doesn't apply start/stop function to solely on eco-pro mode like if anyone would like to.

Really can't see the "joy" and "sheer driving pleasure" while others looking sarcastically like we cant afford to waste petrol at quick traffic stops or slip roads.

My auto start/stop is not working. Any bro here have the same experiance before?

isn't that good? ahhah

Ever since I and my Auto Start Stop 'modified' to default "off" by PML, I've never once turned it back on - the ASS is a real pain in the ASS

Ya don't need to push that stupid button to off it but I'm worried that something is wrong somewhere

but to send to pml for half a day to check---- v ma fan =(

Hi,

I just bought a 528i, I hate the auto start/stop function, just wondering if I have to call and make a booking at pml to off it or I can just drive there and tell them to set it off by default.

Thanks

Hi u cant. Got yo call in advance. This was informed by my se in kp arang

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ko66vn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back