Any way to remove start/stop function?

Re: Any way to remove start/stop function?

idiotelmo;931667 said:
Hi,

I just bought a 528i, I hate the auto start/stop function, just wondering if I have to call and make a booking at pml to off it or I can just drive there and tell them to set it off by default.

Thanks

It is not a 10 min job. They need to re-run the software and that may take like 3-4 hours. I had to leave my car overnight for that. So, don't go in just for that. Maybe wait till 2k in mileage and go in for 1st servicing, and get them to memory the "start-stop". To clarify, PML does not remove the start-stop or "off" it by default. They only make the vehicle remember the last setting, so that if the start-stop was "off" before you off the engine, then at the next start, the car will remember that - and vice versa.

Thanks... Anyway aside from the auto start stop function, I feel a bit of vibration when I stop my car, is it normal?

I got the ASS set to default OFF at Munuich for $130 and I am happy ever after. The ASS can be turn on by pressing the button too. Never know that PML can do it for free.

I thought that we could actually press a button to disable the auto start stop feature. However, is it advisable to use the Start/ Stop function or it is better disabled? Like I said in one of my earlier posts, my fuel efficiency is around 9km/L driving in the comfort mode and using the Start Stop feature. Is it a drain on the battery? If so, is it not advised that PML salesmen alert the buyers rather than mislead them?

Don't see how ass would be a drain on the battery ......

pallavm;950830 said:
I thought that we could actually press a button to disable the auto start stop feature. However, is it advisable to use the Start/ Stop function or it is better disabled? Like I said in one of my earlier posts, my fuel efficiency is around 9km/L driving in the comfort mode and using the Start Stop feature. Is it a drain on the battery? If so, is it not advised that PML salesmen alert the buyers rather than mislead them?

Not sure the posts that I have been reading seem to suggest that everytime the engine stops and restarts the battery power is taken up. I just wanted to know if this is a good feature to be activated or it is better left deactivated? Idea is to have a smooth ride as well as save on fuel. Long term if the saving is not worth it by getting your battery to drain off sooner then I would rather not keep it on.

Actually I have been driving my F10 for the past 2 weeks, I still don't understand what you guys talking here on start/stop????

Care to elaborate ?

primus22;931696 said:
It is not a 10 min job. They need to re-run the software and that may take like 3-4 hours. I had to leave my car overnight for that. So, don't go in just for that. Maybe wait till 2k in mileage and go in for 1st servicing, and get them to memory the "start-stop". To clarify, PML does not remove the start-stop or "off" it by default. They only make the vehicle remember the last setting, so that if the start-stop was "off" before you off the engine, then at the next start, the car will remember that - and vice versa.

MA & PML need 3-4 hours, coz they code the whole car, outside job 5-10 mins

I must say, I am quite happy about how ASS function works (in my F10). Yes, it is annoying when having to stop for 2 seconds at a car parking barrier or during stop-n-go traffic or when stopping for reverse parking. However, I quite got used to the five possible ways of controlling ASS.

1- hitting ASS button as soon as car stops (in stop-n-go traffic, etc.)
2- slowly moving forward (where possible) by making sure I don't completely stop for more than half a second
3- pressing break peddle hard after stopping, which temporary arrest ASS (at a car park barrier, etc.)
4- turning steering wheel as soon as car stopped (when trying to enter main road, or turning away, etc.)
5- by pushing the gear forward to N (when stopping to reverse parking, etc.)

It is fun!

A lot of these ASS dislkes would have been solved if iDrive can set the time before ASS kicks in, e.g. after 5 seconds. Like the way we can set 3-blinks turn signal and door auto-lock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back